Final 4 thread | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Final 4 thread

C

Chief00

This is crazy, they didn't cut away because of some anti-religion/praying stance. They cut away because the purpose of the shot (excitement vs subdued celebration) was already served

As someone that travels throughout the country for decades on his job, I can tell you the prevailing CT viewpoint and probably that of the likely northeast CBS producer - is hopelessly out of touch with what would be of interest to many folks in the country. A lot of viewers would find that of interest.

Reaction Score
As someone that travels throughout the country for decades on his job, I can tell you the prevailing CT viewpoint and probably that of the likely northeast CBS producer - is hopelessly out of touch with what would be of interest to many folks in the country. A lot of viewers would find that of interest.
I find it highly unlikely a silent shot of the team praying is more interesting than post game analysis but to each their own

C

Chief00

I find it highly unlikely a silent shot of the team praying is more interesting than post game analysis but to each their own

I can assure you it would. You need to be able to look and understand beyond yourself. For example, Tim Tebow doesn’t particularly appeal to me but I would be in denial to think that’s true for large portions of the country.

In short, you need to get out more and experience people different than yourself. If you had to do business with people around the country, you would spend more time learning about them and also respecting their cultures.

Note how his jersey sells and he’s an unremarkable player on the field up to this point.
Tim Tebow delivers first big game at Triple-A, helps Syracuse Mets to doubleheader sweep

Last edited by a moderator:

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
In short, you need to get out more and experience people different than yourself. If you had to do business with people around the country, you would spend more time learning about them and also respecting their cultures.

Just wondering.... if you had to do business with dictators and monarchs with a long track record of human rights abuses, would you use the term "respecting their cultures"?

Reaction Score
I can assure you it would. You need to be able to look and understand beyond yourself. For example, Tim Tebow doesn’t particularly appeal to me but I would be in denial to think that’s true for large portions of the country.

Note how his jersey sells and he’s an unremarkable player on the field up to this point.
Tim Tebow delivers first big game at Triple-A, helps Syracuse Mets to doubleheader sweep
No I fully understand that people care more about religion in other parts of the country, so I think you need to get off your high horse about respecting people and their cultures

Reaction Score
Because all people from the Northeast are godless hell-demons. Ooga booga booga! Way to generalize while you bemoan generalizing. And this is coming from one of the godless ones!

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
The over under at 120 seems rather high. Almost like stealing.

C

Chief00

Just wondering.... if you had to do business with dictators and monarchs with a long track record of human rights abuses, would you use the term "respecting their cultures"?

How respecting someone praying morphs into respecting dictators and monarchs, is a stretch beyond my comprehension.

C

Chief00

Because all people from the Northeast are godless hell-demons. Ooga booga booga! Way to generalize while you bemoan generalizing. And this is coming from one of the godless ones!

I did not say that.

Reaction Score

Reaction Score

I agree Chief. My grandmother married a navy CPO and. retired to his family farm in Indiana. My family traveled out there several times while we were growing up. It wasn’t till my mid teens that I realized what andifferent world they lived in. Very religious. Even though we were church goers were not that religious and noticed the difference.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
If Tech wins tonight Lubbock might burn to the ground.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I think you guys are reading too much into that. They probably just cut away for TTech's privacy. Plus how many times do players thank God or Jesus in their on-court/on-field post-game interviews with the sideline reporters right after a win? If they were trying to stop it they'd either bleep it out or wouldn't do it at all.

They cut away because it was a boring shot.

Reaction Score
(not my joke):

UVA vs Texas Tech

Jackets and ties at football games vs Shirtless at football games

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
This is gonna be the 40-39 barn burner the ncaa wanted from the beginning.

Reaction Score
Lil late to the party with this, but sad auburn fans
B95B9911-CA78-44BB-AB06-5324EBEC3106.jpeg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc