February recruiting thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

February recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Fingers crossed that Tina joins the staff next season. Helping recruit a big from her alma mater could do us wonders.
Does she have to join the staff to help recruit?

Reaction Score
any idea why ESPN does not show anything about Ziebell picking UConn? I know they hate us, but this seems silly and petty. Do they really think that if they don't show it she may change her mind, or other recruits won't find out. In the first clip of Fisher it appears she jogs back on defense after her bucket. Geno will have to fix that.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
any idea why ESPN does not show anything about Ziebell picking UConn? I know they hate us, but this seems silly and petty. Do they really think that if they don't show it she may change her mind, or other recruits won't find out. In the first clip of Fisher it appears she jogs back on defense after her bucket. Geno will have to fix that.
Because it’s just a verbal commitment. It’s not binding on either party and Allie could change her mind and go elsewhere. (I hope not, but it’s happened before). It would be irresponsible to celebrate a verbal

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Because it’s just a verbal commitment. It’s not binding on either party and Allie could change her mind and go elsewhere. (I hope not, but it’s happened before). It would be irresponsible to celebrate a verbal

I think what Ralph means is why is UConn not listed as her school on their list which happens after a verbal announcement, and I believe they just haven't updated recently. Shane Laflin runs the operation now and he's anything but anti-UConn.

Reaction Score
I think what Ralph means is why is UConn not listed as her school on their list which happens after a verbal announcement, and I believe they just haven't updated recently. Shane Laflin runs the operation now and he's anything but anti-UConn.
They just aren’t very quick on their updates. Never have been except late October early November

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
2/10

Neenah got revenge for their one OT loss in December tonight. Allie Ziebell was terrific.

Ziebel:

36 points (9-14 FG, 2-4 3-PT, 16-16 FT), 10 rebs

Ziebel 29-29 from the foul line the last two games.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
They are way behind. It’s a manpower issue

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
For some reason the link to Ziebell's game isn't working. I think this link is better.

Reaction Score
Final score: 107-11
shocked steve harvey GIF

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
Did we get Sarah Strong yet? I can't remember! (Did a quick search and couldn't find a commit)

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
No. And she hasn’t released a list of leaders either. She and mom/dad quit talking to recruiting pundits after her first dozen or so offers.
I can't imagine how disruptive and intrusive the whole recruiting process is for both the recruit and the family. And that is for just the 'good' recruits. The top ten, or top 25, or even top 50 have likely 100s of contracts a month from 20+ colleges as well as all the pundits as well trying to find out any information. Then friends and teammates and classmates all wanting the inside scoop. And for a player like Strong this has been going on for years.

Great opportunity for her and the family, but also must be daunting.

Reaction Score
No. And she hasn’t released a list of leaders either. She and mom/dad quit talking to recruiting pundits after her first dozen or so offers.
NOTE: before the recruiting blackout cited (supra vite ) the SB Live article of November 10, 2022,
North Carolina , Clemson, Connecticut and North Carolina State. Sarah's Dad, Danny Strong, is
reported as a "friend" of H.C. Wes Moore of NC State. Mr. Strong also mentioned that the
decision was " up to Sarah. " (as well it should be!). go Sarah! bring your 3X3 golden talents to UCONN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom