February recruiting thread | The Boneyard

February recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
UConn recruiting only. Non-recruiting topics will be deleted.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
How is life at No. 1 for Jaloni Cambridge?

Offers have arrived from all the top programs — Baylor, Connecticut, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee and LSU, among others — but Cambridge doesn’t have a list of leaders. She has visited the likes of LSU, North Carolina, Texas, Baylor, Louisville, Florida and Kentucky since the fall, and two weeks ago visited the campus of defending national champion South Carolina.

There are more trips to come.

Years ago, the top choice for elite national recruits was Connecticut. The Huskies were the most dominant and visible NCAA women’s program, Tennessee had fallen slightly and South Carolina hadn’t made its ascent yet. UConn is still relevant but four different teams have won the NCAA title since 2017.

So who do recruits view as the top programs these days?

Personally, Cambridge doesn’t mind the underdogs.
“For sure,” she said. “I’m not saying I’m not rooting for people who aren’t already at the top. Anything can happen in any sport. I just like the underdogs because it shows that any team can do something. I’ll go to whoever needs me.

“I’m just taking it slow. I’m in no rush. It’s cool to be able to talk to (schools). It’s not about basketball, I’m big on relationships. Getting to know that coach outside of basketball helps me see people differently.”

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
How is life at No. 1 for Jaloni Cambridge?

Offers have arrived from all the top programs — Baylor, Connecticut, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee and LSU, among others — but Cambridge doesn’t have a list of leaders. She has visited the likes of LSU, North Carolina, Texas, Baylor, Louisville, Florida and Kentucky since the fall, and two weeks ago visited the campus of defending national champion South Carolina.

There are more trips to come.

Years ago, the top choice for elite national recruits was Connecticut. The Huskies were the most dominant and visible NCAA women’s program, Tennessee had fallen slightly and South Carolina hadn’t made its ascent yet. UConn is still relevant but four different teams have won the NCAA title since 2017.

So who do recruits view as the top programs these days?

Personally, Cambridge doesn’t mind the underdogs.
“For sure,” she said. “I’m not saying I’m not rooting for people who aren’t already at the top. Anything can happen in any sport. I just like the underdogs because it shows that any team can do something. I’ll go to whoever needs me.

“I’m just taking it slow. I’m in no rush. It’s cool to be able to talk to (schools). It’s not about basketball, I’m big on relationships. Getting to know that coach outside of basketball helps me see people differently.”

Nice article but hear me out. LSU! Mulkey hasn't won a championship at that school. Williams and Cambridge are close enough that I think it's on final list of schools and an early lead. Just my 2 cents tho.

Reaction Score
But is UConn on her “short” list
I hope you wished Sarah " Happy Birthday" this past week! She was born February 3, 2006, in
Spain. Sarah has citizenship with SPAIN so Sarah will have something in
common with our European and African players! (Mom and Dad played Pro
ball in Europe for years). By the way, Sarah is 190cm tall = 6' 2". Her Mom, Allison
Feaster (Harvard class of 1998) works for the BOSTON CELTICS. Mom is Vice President / player development and
organizational growth. I will have to check for any formal " short list " for Sarah herself but I
have heard of North Carolina, North Carolina State (Dad's school, Danny Strong), and a vague rumor of
Harvard. My "Tall" short list includes" Tilda Trygger 198 cm, (2024) born February 12, 2006, (Sweden), Clara Da Silva, 198 cm (2024)
she was born May 31, 2006 (Portugal)., Oliva Vukosa, 193 cm of Croatian descent 6'4" now at
Christ the King H.S. on Long Island (Sue Bird's old school?). (2026)? From Lativa we have the "short"
Raina Tomasicka, 5 ' 11" (2005) playing for TTT RIGA. Raina played in the FIBA U 18 games and
averaged 17.9 ppg and attended the NBA CAMP " basketball without borders" (like Jana El Afry and
Nika Muhl). Cheers. Z

Reaction Score
I hope you wished Sarah " Happy Birthday" this past week! She was born February 3, 2006, in
ball in Europe for years). By the way, Sarah is 190cm tall = 6' 2". Her Mom, Allison
Feaster (Harvard class of 1998) works for the BOSTON CELTICS. Mom is Vice President / player development and
organizational growth. I will have to check for any formal " short list " for Sarah herself but I
have heard of North Carolina, North Carolina State (Dad's school, Danny Strong), and a vague rumor of
Harvard. My "Tall" short list includes" Tilda Trygger 198 cm, (2024) born February 12, 2006, (Sweden), Clara Da Silva, 198 cm (2024)
she was born May 31, 2006 (Portugal)., Oliva Vukosa, 193 cm of Croatian descent 6'4" now at
Christ the King H.S. on Long Island (Sue Bird's old school?). (2026)? From Lativa we have the "short"
Raina Tomasicka, 5 ' 11" (2005) playing for TTT RIGA. Raina played in the FIBA U 18 games and
averaged 17.9 ppg and attended the NBA CAMP " basketball without borders" (like Jana El Afry and
Nika Muhl). Cheers. Z
I found a "short" list for Sarah at SB LIVE from November 10, 2022. The author reported that
schools showing " interest" included North Carolina, UCONN, Clemson, and "others" and that
North Carolina State had already offered Sarah a scholarship when she was 15 yoa. NC State H.C. " Wes" is
reportedly a friend of Danny Strong, but Mr. Strong reported that the "decision" was up to Sarah!
GOOD FATHER!

Reaction Score
Nika Muhl). Cheers. Z
Good point on her birthplace. Assuming that the next CBA does not change any rules, she could decide against college and leave the country before the 2026 Draft and be picked in it instead of having to wait.

Tomasicka is playing for Trutnov in the Czech Republic this season.

Reaction Score
Good point on her birthplace. Assuming that the next CBA does not change any rules, she could decide against college and leave the country before the 2026 Draft and be picked in it instead of having to wait.

Tomasicka is playing for Trutnov in the Czech Republic this season.
Thanks for the Raina information. 5' 11". I am interested particularly in "Height" in addition to
Sarah's 6' 2". There are other Cardoso types out there: Kyei and
that 6'9" lady from the current Oregon and Oregon State WBB squads.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Thanks for the Raina information. 5' 11". I am interested particularly in "Height" in addition to
Sarah's 6' 2". There are other Cardoso types out there: Kyei and
that 6'9" lady from the current Oregon and Oregon State WBB squads.
Height isn’t everything. Remember that 6-10 kid, Suzy Bendegue, that played for Georgetown?

Exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline