February 2020 UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

February 2020 UConn Recruiting Thread

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I'm curious as to your meaning in your last sentence. As you saying she will announce before November or will take the rare path of deciding even later than November?
The latter, Azzi may not announce during the early signing period in November and wait until April or later as Sabrina Ionescu did.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
So where is Fudd going to go where she gets to play Bueckers a lot.
Uhm... the Fudd driveway?
Colarado at USA basketball?
Bueckers Family vacation every summer?
The Bueckers driveway in Minnesota?
With a personal trainer in DC?
With a personal trainer in Minnesota?
During the 2021-22 regular season at UCONN?
At the Final Four Minneapolis, Minnesota in '22?
During the 2022-23 regular season on the road?
At the Final Four Dallas, Texas in '23?
…..
These two kids live over 1000 miles apart now and they still manage to see and play each other a lot. They might have to go to separate colleges just to get a break from each other.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Long Beach area girls athlete of the week:

Name:
Rayah Marshall

Noteworthy: Marshall was the key figure as the Knights wrapped up a perfect San Gabriel Valley League campaign with victories over Downey and Dominguez. Marshall scored 25 points, grabbed seven rebounds, made five steals and dished off four assists against Downey, and tallied 16 points with 11 rebounds and six steals against Dominguez. Lynwood (21-5) begins group play in the CIF-SS Open Division playoffs Saturday at Sierra Canyon.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
EQibOr4XUAA1qIp

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Mir doing Mir things Tuesday like sliding on the floor, getting up, and leaping tall buildings to snatch rebounds:

When I saw Mir last week, she was on the floor about 3 times. But she was in the air a lot more. High in the air.

Geno talked about "kids who go get rebounds." This is Exhibit A.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I went to watch Azzi tonight. St. John's lost to Elizabeth Seton by 50-42. Azzi does not have nearly the supporting cast this year as she had last year with Malu Tschitenge and Carly Rivera. I believe that Azzi scored more than half of SJC's points. She looked good and moved well. I was disappointed, though, that she didn't try to take over the game. She made some 3-pointers, several pull-up jumpers, and at least one spinning layup with her left hand. Her shooting was good, but about average by her standards. I'm glad to see her playing again!

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
2/11

Ashlon Jackon scored 11 points in her return from injury

Shay Bollin: 16 points, 10 rebounds, 3 assists, 4 steals

Reaction Score
…..
These two kids live over 1000 miles apart now and they still manage to see and play each other a lot. They might have to go to separate colleges just to get a break from each other.

I don't believe they get to play each other a lot, whatever "a lot" means. As a matter of fact it's likely been nearly a year.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Long Beach area girls athlete of the week:

Name:
Rayah Marshall

Noteworthy: Marshall was the key figure as the Knights wrapped up a perfect San Gabriel Valley League campaign with victories over Downey and Dominguez. Marshall scored 25 points, grabbed seven rebounds, made five steals and dished off four assists against Downey, and tallied 16 points with 11 rebounds and six steals against Dominguez. Lynwood (21-5) begins group play in the CIF-SS Open Division playoffs Saturday at Sierra Canyon.

I like that your are still keeping hope alive for my girl coming to UCONN. :D

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I don't believe they get to play each other a lot, whatever "a lot" means. As a matter of fact it's likely been nearly a year.
It's been a year because Azzi has been injured. A lot means exactly that. Eg. Azzi was practically a lock to make the U19 team this summer=missed opportunity. There was also the video of both of them with Chloe. Paige also got the cover of slam magazine-first HS girl ever. That cover would have likely gone to Azzi as the reining HS Girls Naismith winner. If slam had any marketing sense they would have put both on the cover. Paige was at Azzi first game HS back from injury in DC. Again for kids that live over 1000 miles apart they are together a lot.

Last edited:

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
…..

Paige was at Azzi first game HS back from injury in DC. Again for kids that live over 1000 miles apart they are together a lot.

Of course, Paige and Azzi could see each other when their respective collegiate teams play each other once a year in a nationally televised home and home series on ESPN. Say, in early December (during the regular season).
:D ;)

Oh, we Irish fans need to aim high!

On a somewhat serious note, I'm late to this particular part of the Azzi saga, but where has she/her mind trust indicated they might pull a late announcement, a la Sabrina? If so, this development could mean schools in the Fudd Crusade would/should cover themselves with getting other shooting guards. Of course, UConn has already done that. ND, with MM now announcing she'll expend her roster, is certainly showing mutual interest with several other top off guards.

Reaction Score
I went to watch Azzi tonight. St. John's lost to Elizabeth Seton by 50-42. Azzi does not have nearly the supporting cast this year as she had last year with Malu Tschitenge and Carly Rivera. I believe that Azzi scored more than half of SJC's points. She looked good and moved well. I was disappointed, though, that she didn't try to take over the game. She made some 3-pointers, several pull-up jumpers, and at least one spinning layup with her left hand. Her shooting was good, but about average by her standards. I'm glad to see her playing again!

I also attended the game with Milford Husky. It was my first time watching Azzi Fudd in person. While she has deep 3-pt range, her mid-range game is more impressive to me. Her handle allows her to get into the lane repeatedly and she can both create and get off her shot with ease. There is an economy in her movement. No excessive dribbling or wasted movement - just enough to beat her defender. I would love to see our current players do the same. I agree with MilfordHusky regarding "not taking over the game." She chose to pass to teammates [who failed to convert or turned the ball over] when she should have been the focal point of the offense.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I think Mil although she is back playing after her injury it's still going to take the rest of the season for her to come back to full Knifing form.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom