February 2020 UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

February 2020 UConn Recruiting Thread

Reaction Score
I'd like to hear the reasoning of those who see Fudd waiting till next November to verbal.

Reaction Score
Keep in mind Geno can't be in two places at the same time. The Night that Geno was in DC watching Azzi, a member of the staff was in Cali looking at Iriafen.
Point taken and Geno closes so as soon as I see him interacting with her than I'll be happily ready to change my prediction.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'd like to hear the reasoning of those who see Fudd waiting till next November to verbal.
Azzi says she’s a terrible decision maker. In today’s ESPN.com article on Paige, Katie Barnes writes, [Azzi] has no plans to [commit] anytime soon.”

Reaction Score
Azzi says she’s a terrible decision maker. In today’s ESPN.com article on Paige, Katie Barnes writes, [Azzi] has no plans to [commit] anytime soon.”

I remember that both Tuck and Stevens stated just before the NCAA's that they had no plans to enter the draft.
I also read that Fudd says it is just as much fun to play against Bueckers as with her. That would be persuasive if they played against each other 2, 3 or 4 times a year, but unless UConn gets into a P-5 conference that isn't likely. Her choice is to play with Bueckers and scimmage/practice with/against her every day for 4 years, or to play against her in a real game once a year, maybe twice. As I see it they will be able to compete against each other often as pros. The opportunity to play and practice together extensively is only available in college.

Reaction Score
I remember that both Tuck and Stevens stated just before the NCAA's that they had no plans to enter the draft.
I also read that Fudd says it is just as much fun to play against Bueckers as with her. That would be persuasive if they played against each other 2, 3 or 4 times a year, but unless UConn gets into a P-5 conference that isn't likely. Her choice is to play with Bueckers and scimmage/practice with/against her every day for 4 years, or to play against her in a real game once a year, maybe twice. As I see it they will be able to compete against each other often as pros. The opportunity to play and practice together extensively is only available in college.
Hey Azzi, you could do both at UConn: play with her in games, and against her in practice.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
And those who say she's in the bag for UConn have short memories.
Agreed! Azzi lives only about 10 miles from me, and I’m one of her biggest fans, but I’m less than certain that she’s coming to UConn. I think it would be the best place for her, but it’s Azzi’s decision, not mine. Let’s not assume anything.

Reaction Score
Are other coaches still going to Azzi's games like Geno is? I have read about him attending such games but it seems like a while since I saw reporting on other coaches at her games.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Daily News Girls Athlete of the Week: Kiki Iriafen, Harvard-Westlake

Noteworthy: Iriafen helped the Wolverines win the Mission League championship outright with victories over Chaminade and Marlborough. Against Chaminade, the 6-foot-3 junior tallied 20 points and 18 rebounds before contributing 27 points and 13 rebounds against Marlborough.

Reaction Score
Daily News Girls Athlete of the Week: Kiki Iriafen, Harvard-Westlake

Noteworthy: Iriafen helped the Wolverines win the Mission League championship outright with victories over Chaminade and Marlborough. Against Chaminade, the 6-foot-3 junior tallied 20 points and 18 rebounds before contributing 27 points and 13 rebounds against Marlborough.

I’m gonna take a ride over to LA and have a talk with her. ;)

Reaction Score
Agreed! Azzi lives only about 10 miles from me, and I’m one of her biggest fans, but I’m less than certain that she’s coming to UConn. I think it would be the best place for her, but it’s Azzi’s decision, not mine. Let’s not assume anything.

Azzi clearly likes the competition playing against Paige as well so if anything there is a better chance that she will not come to Uconn than coming to Uconn. People talk like the new Big East will provide competition for Uconn, but in reality, it won't.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Are other coaches still going to Azzi's games like Geno is? I have read about him attending such games but it seems like a while since I saw reporting on other coaches at her games.
Good question! I saw Azzi once in her freshman season, 6 or 7 times last year, and once (DNP) this year. The only head coach I've seen whom I recognized was Sue Semrau during Azzi's freshman season.

Reaction Score
Does Azzi even have a top 5-10 list? Any word on official visits? Where has she make unofficial visits to? Why so little info about all the schools recruiting her. You'd think there'd be dozens of coaches at all her games. She's made only one unofficial visit (i know of) since the beginning of her junior season (school year); to UConn with her parent/s. Besides that, not a peep from any recruiting site, coach, or from her camp. It's strangely quiet for a highly publicized top recruit in all of HS, with only about 9 months til November.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Does Azzi even have a top 5-10 list? Any word on official visits? Where has she make unofficial visits to? Why so little info about all the schools recruiting her. You'd think there'd be dozens of coaches at all her games. She's made only one unofficial visit (i know of) since the beginning of her junior season (school year); to UConn with her parent/s. Besides that, not a peep from any recruiting site, coach, or from her camp. It's strangely quiet for a highly publicized top recruit in all of HS, with only about 9 months til November.

Notre Dame, Maryland, and South Carolina are seen as the primary contenders other than UConn. Stanford's name was once bandied about but I haven't heard anything about them in a while.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
No.
She cannot start official visits until about a week after the final 4 is over.
She has made unofficial visits to South Carolina, UCONN 4x ,Maryland, & ND 2x
There is plenty of information regarding coaches recruiting basically any school that wants to win.
She has been to UCONN twice since the start of her Junior year.
She may not announce in November either.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
No.
She cannot start official visits until about a week after the final 4 is over.
She has made unofficial visits to South Carolina, UCONN 4x ,Maryland, & ND 2x
There is plenty of information regarding coaches recruiting basically any school that wants to win.
She has been to UCONN twice since the start of her Junior year.
She may not announce in November either.
I'm curious as to your meaning in your last sentence. As you saying she will announce before November or will take the rare path of deciding even later than November?

Reactions: THC
Reaction Score
Azzi clearly likes the competition playing against Paige as well so if anything there is a better chance that she will not come to Uconn than coming to Uconn. People talk like the new Big East will provide competition for Uconn, but in reality, it won't.

So where is Fudd going to go where she gets to play Bueckers a lot.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom