Feb 5th Metrics | The Boneyard

Feb 5th Metrics

Reaction Score
The computers definitely love us and those wins over Alabama and Iowa State will be huge as long as we can take care of business. I saw on NET we moved from 8th to 7th after yesterdays win. Big week coming for our Huskies. I hope the XL Center is nice and LOUD Tuesday night. I will be there +3. !!!!!

Reaction Score
If we just hadn’t collapsed against St Johns and Seton Hall we would be 20-4, ranked in the top 10, with a legit shot at the 1 seed in the East. 18-6 is still a very good record, it just seems extremely disappointing after the start we had.

If we only lose 2 more games the rest of the way, we control our own destiny for a 3 seed. Winning the BET would get us there.

Reaction Score
If we just hadn’t collapsed against St Johns and Seton Hall we would be 20-4, ranked in the top 10, with a legit shot at the 1 seed in the East. 18-6 is still a very good record, it just seems extremely disappointing after the start we had.

If we only lose 2 more games the rest of the way, we control our own destiny for a 3 seed. Winning the BET would get us there.
Maybe even an outside shot of a 2. But I agree 3 is most likely the best scenario.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I really only care about the Carlisle/Squam beta rankings. Most accurate by far to date.

caw

Reaction Score
If the NCAAT was tomorrow I don't think UConn gets a three seed, but UConn would be solidly in the tournament. NET will probably be a fantastic indicator of who gets in the tournament, but I don't think seeding will be based solely on NET, or any computer metric.

If the NCAAT was tomorrow UConn is probably a 4-5 seed IMO. UConn's OOC looks really good. I think UConn could actually get a NCAAT seed than BET seed depending how they play the last 7 games and in the BET.

Reaction Score
If the NCAAT was tomorrow I don't think UConn gets a three seed, but UConn would be solidly in the tournament. NET will probably be a fantastic indicator of who gets in the tournament, but I don't think seeding will be based solely on NET, or any computer metric.

If the NCAAT was tomorrow UConn is probably a 4-5 seed IMO. UConn's OOC looks really good. I think UConn could actually get a NCAAT seed than BET seed depending how they play the last 7 games and in the BET.
If you actually look at other resumes you’d have a hard time finding 10-12 teams that deserve to be ahead of us

Reaction Score
If you actually look at other resumes you’d have a hard time finding 10-12 teams that deserve to be ahead of us
WAB and SOR are the two most commonly used resume rankings. We're 19th and 16th respectively, which as he said puts us on the 4/5 line.

Reaction Score
WAB and SOR are the two most commonly used resume rankings. We're 19th and 16th respectively, which as he said puts us on the 4/5 line.
Most commonly used rankings by the committee for seeding?

Reaction Score
Maybe even an outside shot of a 2. But I agree 3 is most likely the best scenario.
We’ll need to do some work to get to the 3 line but it’s possible. Every season is different but I quickly checked last year’s 3 seeds—they all had between 7 and 9 losses. All were ranked between 6 and 19 in the final AP poll. For some reason, historical NET rankings aren’t easy to find.

I think If we went 2-1 in the big 3 remaining games, won every other regular season game, and got to the BET final we could snag a 3. But anything short of that, probably not. Road games @ St John’s and @ Nova will be tricky too lol

Reaction Score

Yeah that St. John’s loss killed us but we didn’t deserve it. Can’t lose at home as a 15 point fave. The real killer was the seton hall game. We should of won that one. But yea, take those 2 games out and we are prolly top 10 still. Wasn’t impressed by yesterdays win at all. But a dub is a dub at least we showed we can win a close game

Reaction Score
To get to the 3 lines I think the only remaining regular season game we can lose is at Creighton. Then we have to at least make the semis in the BET.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Are you familiar with Creighton?
The top 4 teams are Xavier, PC, Marquette and Creighton
UConn should have at least a 4-4 record in these 8 games
What are the chances???????

Secure Dog

Blue Collar = Blue Blood
Reaction Score
I came back to this board for the first time in probably a decade this year. I thought there would be reason to read what the fans were saying. 14-0 seems like it never happened. Watching this team that team struggling to beat a one win conference team showed me all I needed to know. We are the same team we have been the last two years. We have 7 games left in the regular season it will be hard to finish 4-3 22-9.

Reaction Score
The top 4 teams are Xavier, PC, Marquette and Creighton
UConn should have at least a 4-4 record in these 8 games
What are the chances???????
Why dwell on losses??????

Have 3 games left against against the top 4 & BE tourney so we'll see what happens.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
They already beat Creighton. They have Marquette and PC at home coming up. And at Creighton again. So there are 3 more chances to do that.
1-5 against those 3 teams would suck . And we are 0-2 vs X . It’s time to do better against league top. .500 should be realistic and not asking for too much ( 4-4 against top 4) problem is we’ve dug ourselves a big hole to even do that. It’s good two are home.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
The computers definitely love us and those wins over Alabama and Iowa State will be huge as long as we can take care of business. I saw on NET we moved from 8th to 7th after yesterdays win. Big week coming for our Huskies. I hope the XL Center is nice and LOUD Tuesday night. I will be there +3. !!!!!
Time for Hartford to show up. Tuesday is mas importante.

Reaction Score
Can’t play like yesterday and go 4-3 need better from mostly everyone. I mean 12-24 from 3 and we nipped a team that missed a lay up and a put back in the last couple minutes.

Getting closer to who they can be but for now sign me up for 4-3 I will take it and run. Depending on how many they win in the BE tourney expect a 4/5 seed.

Let’s see Tuesday is huge for so many reasons.

Reaction Score
You post a lot of good stats on here, but this is 100% false. The NCAA specifically came up with their NET Ratings 5 years ago as the primary metric for seeding. It’s not the only thing they use, but it is the first thing they look at to start placing teams in brackets. If you go to their website and read through their seeding process, the only actual metric they talk about is NET.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom