Favorite UCONN moment | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Favorite UCONN moment

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Might as well shut this thread down. You win.

Obviously I wasn't trying to win anything. But it is my favorite memory. My whole family got involved.

My story I already shared.

My 4 year old sister got to kiss Scott Burrell's head.

And my parents got to call security thinking I had been kidnapped.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Comeback vs Dook in the National Semi-Final in 2004

I was there, Dook fans AND PLAYERS were all celebrating with 3 minutes left. I told my buddy it's way to early for the Dook team to be on the court celebrating up 8 with 3 minutes to go . As it turned out, we quickly scored 5 straight and they couldn't breath anymore

I'll never forget how I was still confident in our chances, but obviously time was running down so we were going to have to make our charge soon. When Rashad caught that pass for the open 3 in the corner, I remember saying to myself "If he hits this, we're winning this game," and of course he drilled it. Then Emeka took over. What an incredible comeback.

Reaction Score
Lotsa good ones here, real good ones, but nothing can beat 77-74. Nothing. Our first title and there was nothing else like it. The euphoria of winning it all, beating our old nemesis that the so-called experts thought was unbeatable - it was perfect. The buzz in the state was unreal - the celebration, welcome home for the team, the parade, everything. Think I watched the replay of the game or listened to the radio broadcast replay every day that summer.

By far my favorite sports day of all-time.

Reaction Score
The Shot by Tate "The Ponzi" George. Not only for the play, but the eruption on campus and the bon fire set at the Jungle afterwards. Police there and just let us do our thing, pure elation.

Reaction Score
  • Sophomore year at Diana's pool. We were enjoying the April day that actually was warm (yes guys ... Storrs used to be sunny and warm). Tony Hanson, Al Weston and others were there. One of their entourage couldn't swim ... and Stowe B played lifeguard. O ... a good morning omen. Got free tickets often the next year into the Fieldhouse.
  • 1990. Pat O'Shea's in SF watching first beating Cal by gobs. Then later watching the Tate shot. Huge fun as the hungryHusky. Endless high
  • 1992-2009 ... 17 uninterrupted years of the Big East tourney. Sitting in good seats - usually provided by grifter Priests with a PC stockbroker as conduit - watching oodles of good games. While the client slept and drooled. Favorite memory moments are Friday night wins over Nova and that long long OT against Syracuse and Taliek hitting that wish of a 40 foot heave.
  • 1999 - the Conference call the next morning listening to National partners exult over UConn Win Duke loss. I still regularly watch the last 3 minutes of that game more than any other.
  • Sitting with Dad on a Monday night watching UConn play any old BE game.

This thread NEEDS to be each of us recommitted to more passionate UConn MBB moments. Enough with the negative. Only the stairs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom