Favorite UCONN moment | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Favorite UCONN moment

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score
I'll never forget this:

My first vivid UConn memory was this. Sitting in my bunk bed watching from my room then hearing my parents go insane when the shot went in.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Jalen's full court buzzer beater. I almost had a heart attack
Jalen's buzzer-beater, Vital's free throws vs. Syracuse & obviously Boat's 3-pointer vs. Cincy were three outstanding moments from an otherwise disappointing last few years.

Reaction Score
This moment has to be one of everyone's favorite. In a year where you never thought UConn could get over the hump of Pittsburgh. They did, and the rest is history! #cardiackemba

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
Man i dont even know where to start. I was 10 when Tate hit the shot. My parents were sitting on the floor at the foot of my bed. I was hiding under a blanket on the right side peeking out from underneath.

Uconn basketball is ingrained in my persona. I havent missed watching or listening to a game in over 10 years. Maybe 15. Maybe 20. The hair on my arms is standing straight up watching these videos and i get chills. I remember them all.

Sitting in the student section listening to coach say "we kicked some and broke some hearts" are words that will ring in my ears for life.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Not gonna lie, this is up there for me:

hc-rod-sellers-christian-laettner-video-20150303

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Sitting in the brand new Gampel Pavilion on Opening Day (or was it Night?). I think we played St. John's? Don't remember many details, just the feeling that it was a super cool place and so dazzling & bright. Back then our seats were so close I could smell the players' sweat. Ah, the good ol' days.

It was St. John's. I was there with the "Golden Ticket" pass for the student seats under the basket, even though I had recently graduated. Need to thank my sister again for getting me that student sticker.

I can't list just one.
  • The Shot. I was at Champions in Hartford, in the basement watching, it was shoulder to shoulder packed. Had gone out the night before and we ran in to some of the Clemson guys at The Russian Lady.
  • The NIT championship. We burned lots of stuff in the Jungle Quad and the cops let it go. Wild celebration as the first time we ever won anything.
  • 1999 Title. The game itself was our best title game. Amazing to take down Duke, and especially the performance Moore put on. It's bittersweet though. I was in CA and effectively alone, having broken up with my longtime GF. Had no college hoops fans to share it with. I was back in New England before 1999 came to a close.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I think Ricky's game in the 99 championship if you can call it a moment, would be my favorite. When he took over offensively in the first half, it just lit me up. Then in the 2nd half, THE STOP was a moment more meaningful to me than THE SHOT. But if I have to take that game and isolate "one shining moment" from it, it's right here...
cryingdukewomen.jpg

Am I a bad man for liking this picture so much?

Reaction Score
In no particular order.

-I will never forget that ball bouncing around the rim for what seemed like hours (no, just a second or so) before RIP somehow got the ball after it was tapped back to him, hitting a fall away 12 footer.

-That ´99 win over the Zags.

-That Kemba ankle breaker vs. Pitt. Need I say more?
-But just the entire 11 game journey. How can you pick just one moment? It was all amazing.

-That comeback to take down Duke in 2004.

Those are a few that come to mind.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Either the entire 2011 postseason, or 2014 be MSU at MSG was an electric environment unlike anything I've experienced live at a major venue.

Reaction Score
The moment that second Harrison corner 3 in the 2014 national championship bounced off the back rim. That's when I knew it was over. That was the best moment of my life so far. In Gampel with all my best friends and 10000 colleagues screaming as loud as we could, watching the team and school we cared so much about cap an incredible run with a national championship, one year removed from a nonsense ban. I didn't even see the end of the game for a few days, just immediately ran outside Gampel to a light drizzle, a DJ, some fireworks and a wonderful, liquor-heavy celebration. Wouldn't trade that night for the world

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
A word on "The Shot". For those who didn't see the game, the play itself was merely remarkable. But I've seen many amazing plays and shots over the years. The context is important. If it is available, I'd encourage you to watch the whole game. It was an incredible game, with the highest highs, and lowest lows. A 19 point UConn lead at half. 17 seconds to go, UConn still up by two, and turns it over. Clemson makes a 3 to go up one for the first time since we can even remember. But that's not the Shot yet...oh no. Tate misses a shot and Scotty fouls the rebounder. He misses the 1-1, Burrell the rebound and calls time. 1.0 left. Now...we get the Shot. You have to understand the level of despair here. We had blown a 19 point halftime lead. We had even just blown our lead of two points and possession with 17 seconds left. UConn fans are as low as they can be when that pass was thrown over Elden Campbell.

Then the remaining context: that game sends us on to face Duke in the Meadowlands. Laetner, Hurley, Thomas Hill, and a one point overtime loss.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
It was St. John's. I was there with the "Golden Ticket" pass for the student seats under the basket, even though I had recently graduated. Need to thank my sister again for getting me that student sticker.

I can't list just one.
  • The Shot. I was at Champions in Hartford, in the basement watching, it was shoulder to shoulder packed. Had gone out the night before and we ran in to some of the Clemson guys at The Russian Lady.
  • The NIT championship. We burned lots of stuff in the Jungle Quad and the cops let it go. Wild celebration as the first time we ever won anything.
  • 1999 Title. The game itself was our best title game. Amazing to take down Duke, and especially the performance Moore put on. It's bittersweet though. I was in CA and effectively alone, having broken up with my longtime GF. Had no college hoops fans to share it with. I was back in New England before 1999 came to a close.

Correction to this. It was the weekend before we ran into the Clemson guys when they were playing in the first and second round in Hartford.

Reaction Score
Watching Trajon Langdon trip just after half court. First time I injured myself because of a UConn game.

This is mine as well.

"The Shot" always ticked me off because it never should have been needed. We were up damn near 20 points at one time. I always felt Big Jim was at his worst when coaching a big lead. But no one was better in back's against the wall" situation.

Reaction Score
1. Tate George
2. Coming back trailing Georgetown by 10 with 4 minutes left in Big East Tourney. Ray hit the winner.
3 Rip beating Washington early in the tourney

Reaction Score
Right up there(after 77-74) is beating Cuse and Georgetown back to back in the Dream Season.

We kicked the door down and took our seat at the head of the table. The rest is History.

The HCC was beyond loud for those 2 games. The place literally shook.

Hear hear CC

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
Favorite moment I was at: Shabazz 35-foot game winner at Villanova.

Favorite moment overall: Kemba stepback at MSG.

Reaction Score
Either the entire 2011 postseason, or 2014 be MSU at MSG was an electric environment unlike anything I've experienced live at a major venue.

That was one of my favorite games. Quite exciting!

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
This should be a project for one of the many video gurus we have here to put all these fantastic moments into a single video. If this already exists please point me to it! :)

Reaction Score

I was a student and was in Gampel watchparty for the Florida and Kentucky games in 2014, when we were down 16-4 it was real quiet in there, then the 11-0 run. Gampel was shaking everyone was going absolutley nuts.

Also, on monday night when Boatright dribbled out the clock with 8 seconds left will be a moment i never forget, again the place was shaking it was pandemonium in Gampel

Went from total doubt to total confidence in less than 2 minutes, after that run I had a feeling the game was going to be ours, and it sure was

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom