favorite hot sauce | The Boneyard

favorite hot sauce

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
this is my all around go to.

But I have about 40-50 at my house I use at different times for different things.

But my all purpose non specialty default that I use on pretty much everything daily is this:

1117-01__68271.1537671036.jpg

Reaction Score
I used to be a Frank's person, thought I've generally moved to Cholula now. Still filter in Frank's and Chipotle Tabasco every once in a while.
The Chipotle Tabasco doesn't have any right to be as good as it is. It's my favorite condiment. I'll put it on anything.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Cholula is my all-around, all-purpose go-to hot sauce. I recently got turned on to Huckle's Late Harvest Jalapeno Hot Sauce in Baltimore and brought some back with me, but I drained it quickly and can't find it up here. That was pretty perfect for my tastes though. For spicing up Asian food I use Sriracha.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Cholula is just hot enough not to make me regret it. Off topic, but Mr. Mustard Hot is the balls.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Cholula and El Yucateco.

Lately, I’ve been experimenting with different varieties of peri-peri and harissa as well.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Frank's or Cholula are my favorites.

Used to be into Dave's Insanity Sauce and some others. But the old taste buds have changed over the years.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Where in Mexico City did you live? I'm going back this winter.

First month out of the Presidente in Polanco. Then an apartment on Rio Ebro in Cuauhetmoc, about 5 blocks from El Angel and the US Embassy. Long time ago though (93-94) so much of what I used to do/like probably isn't around anymore.

Reaction Score
First month out of the Presidente in Polanco. Then an apartment on Rio Ebro in Cuauhetmoc, about 5 blocks from El Angel and the US Embassy. Long time ago though (93-94) so much of what I used to do/like probably isn't around anymore.
Went to Teotihuacan last time, looking for an overnight somewhere outside the city this time. You ever been to Puebla City, Cuernavaca or Tlaxcala?

Reaction Score
I like a lot of different hot sauces. I tend to either love or hate a hot sauce. I prefer something with flavor, not just heat. Underrated, in my opinion, is TraderJoe's hot sauces (habenero (very hot) and jalapeno (tabascoish, but not as thin)). I also like the frequently mentioned Cholula and El Yucateco which they have at my local mediocre Mexican joint.

The key for me is to have different sauces for different cuisine. I love Sriracha on Asian inspired dishes and grilled meat, but not Mexican. Similarly, I love a smokey (chipotle, or I have a chocolate habanero that is like hot mole), but not on Asian foods. I think mustard-based hot sauces have more potential than has been developed.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I don’t care much about hot sauce, but Franks is the correct answer to the non-existent question.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom