Favorite Holloween Candy or | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Favorite Holloween Candy or

Reaction Score
Things escalated pretty fast in my old neighborhood back in the day on Halloween. I had a homemade costume. I was a crayon. We are talking 80's here.
Side topic: best costumes. Back in the day (early/mid 70s) when creating and making your own costume was still the thing, 2 costume winners in a few years at the local church’s post-candy collection contest:

1. 35mm cardboard box Camera made with functional flash and lens.
2. paper mache newspaper with recent front page and ads on back.

Best all-time costumes?

Reaction Score
Things escalated pretty fast in my old neighborhood back in the day on Halloween. I was hardly the tough guy. While many were going out as pirates and emulating characters in the movie Warriors... I had a homemade costume. I was a crayon. We are talking 80's here.
None of us were really tough but it was fun to pretend we were tough, it was all pretty harmless fun. I don't understand what kids do for fun anymore. There weren'r even any trick or treaters on my street tonight.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I did that last year toward the end as I was tired of getting up. A kid just dumped the whole bowl in his bag.
I usually make a deal with some of the older kids and tell them to come back at nine and I’ll give them whatever candy I have left.

Last edited:

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
We usually get close to 50, this year only 30. Rain stopped at 5:30 and temps dropped a good 15-20 degrees with wind chill during the 6-8pm designated time. But we managed to get rid of everything. Toward the end, my deal was, "how much can you fit in one hand?"

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Best: Snickers and $100,000 candy bar ( which when I was a kid was worth a lot more)

Worst freaking Smarties

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Favorite: Zagnut, Clark, Skittles, Dots, Twizzlers, Nerds

Least Favorite: Hershey Bars/Kisses. I've never liked plain chocolate on its own.

Reaction Score
Best:

1) Reese’s
2) Reese’s Pieces
3) Reese’s Minis

Honorable Mention: Reese’s Fast Break

Worst: If they don’t have Reese’s

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Do you ever have commercial flashbacks from your childhood?
(sung to a conga like rhythm)
Try a Necco Sky Bar
It's the 4 in 1 bar
English toffee
Fudge parfait
Honey nugget
Peanut whip

These kind of scare me when they come in the morning just as I am having my coffee

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Bear in mind, my memories of trick or treating are 65 years old. A lot of the stuff that I know I would have liked wasn't even invented yet.

Loved...
Zero Bars
Reese's
Crunch/Krackle Both the same, one Nestle the other Hershey.
Boston Baked Beans (the candy, not the beans)
Necco Wafers. Just the black ones and the brown ones. Yes, I know I'm the only person in the world who ever liked these things.

Tolerated...
Plain Chocolate bars
Snickers
Milky Way
Candy Corn
Circus Peanuts
Tootsie Rolls
M&Ms
Peppermint Patties

Swapped with my next door neighbor...
3 Musketeers
Sky Bar
Chunky
M&M Peanuts (suddenly started appearing late in my trick or treat years)

Hated and couldn't pawn off on neighbor...
Almond Joy
Mounds
Anything else with Coconut

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Do you ever have commercial flashbacks from your childhood?
These kind of scare me when they come in the morning just as I am having my coffee

The box is yellow and the pops are too
Shot with sugar, through and through
Kel-lo-o-o-o-gs Sugar Corn Pops
Sugar Pops are Tops!

The scary thing is, I hated that cereal. But the stupid jingle haunts me.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
The only really bad Necco Wafers are the clove flavored ones. The rest aren't so bad.
I loved close lifesavers. Aparently, no one else did, because they were discontinued a long time ago.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Bear in mind, my memories of trick or treating are 65 years old. A lot of the stuff that I know I would have liked wasn't even invented yet.

Loved...
Zero Bars
Reese's
Crunch/Krackle Both the same, one Nestle the other Hershey.
Boston Baked Beans (the candy, not the beans)
Necco Wafers. Just the black ones and the brown ones. Yes, I know I'm the only person in the world who ever liked these things.

Tolerated...
Plain Chocolate bars
Snickers
Milky Way
Candy Corn
Circus Peanuts
Tootsie Rolls
M&Ms
Peppermint Patties

Swapped with my next door neighbor...
3 Musketeers
Sky Bar
Chunky
M&M Peanuts (suddenly started appearing late in my trick or treat years)

Hated and couldn't pawn off on neighbor...
Almond Joy
Mounds
Anything else with Coconut

So you're old enough to remember those little Mary Jane candies that stuck in every crevice in your teeth, right up there with Charleston Chews and Sugar Daddies. And of course the ultimate jaw exercise, Turkish Taffy. No wonder we had so many cavities back then.

I recall getting plenty of that stuff in the mid-60s. Also, candy bags filled with some mix of individual Fireballs, Bazooka, Bull's Eyes, jawbreakers, chocolate coins and Dum-Dums.

The one thing for me that I wouldn't ever let touch anything else in the bag were Raisinettes. I usually just dumped those on the porch or in the garden, cursing under my breath. And I'd get excited about getting the rare Chunky, unless that had raisins, which just ticked me off to no end. Why ruin a perfect block of chocolate like that? I hate raisins to this day.

And yes, you can still buy candy cigs.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
So you're old enough to remember those little Mary Jane candies that stuck in every crevice in your teeth, right up there with Charleston Chews and Sugar Daddies. And of course the ultimate jaw exercise, Turkish Taffy. No wonder we had so many cavities back then.

I recall getting plenty of that stuff in the mid-60s. Also, candy bags filled with some mix of individual Fireballs, Bazooka, Bull's Eyes, jawbreakers, chocolate coins and Dum-Dums.

The one thing for me that I wouldn't ever let touch anything else in the bag were Raisinettes. I usually just dumped those on the porch or in the garden, cursing under my breath. And I'd get excited about getting the rare Chunky, unless that had raisins, which just ticked me off to no end. Why ruin a perfect block of chocolate like that? I hate raisins to this day.

And yes, you can still buy candy cigs.
Agree with all except the raisin hate. I was an insanely picky eater as a kid but always was good with raisins. Raisinettes and Chunky with raisins all the better.

Have you ever had meatballs or braciole with raisins, like they make them in certain parts of Italy? They cook right in so you don't even know they are there texturally, but they add a very nice sweetness that complements the savory flavors and the acid in the tomato sauce.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
The box is yellow and the pops are too
Shot with sugar, through and through
Kel-lo-o-o-o-gs Sugar Corn Pops
Sugar Pops are Tops!

The scary thing is, I hated that cereal. But the stupid jingle haunts me.
"If you like peanuts
and chocolate too
Then snick snick snickers is the bar for you"

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
So I am a big time Skittles dude but damn these “zombie skittles” they hid in their little bags this year will wreck your whole day.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom