Favorite Holloween Candy or | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Favorite Holloween Candy or

Reaction Score
Thanks to all those that contributed to the thread. I have given out all my treats for this thread! :) Appreciate the smiles.

Goodnight! Be safe and go fill up those sleeping bags with goodies and baseball cards! :)

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Have you never seen one of these?

View attachment 47627
Can't say that I have.

While they'd be well within their right, I suppose my neighbors thought it'd be in bad taste (which it is) to proselytize through children merely seeking a sugar high.

Reaction Score
Halloween is just weird now. I know in the town i grew up in they close off one street and give all the homeowners money to buy a ton of candy and all the kids trick or treat on that one street.

They cancelled Halloween tonight in the Chicago suburbs because we got an inch of snow, rescheduled Saturday between 5-7. When I was a kid it was all about buying shaving cream burning the top and poking a hole with a safety pin to get the best stream of shaving cream going. We would walk all over town getting in shaving cream and egg fights, the candy was always secondary.

I feel badly for kids now

Reaction Score
Choosing from the bowl option gets you street cred.
Wow, good to know some street cred is earned despite not realizing the hand out method actually existed.

+ Reese’s, nestle/Hershey bars with nuts, m&ms, Snickers

- Almond Joy & any coconut, butterfingers, taffy/chewy stuff

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Forgot $100,000 bars. Those are solid.

So far lots of kids we don’t know. Higher volume than usual. Also kids wanting two things even though my wife is handing out full sized candy bars. Come on you greedy little monsters.

Friend outside Orlando posted her annual video. She has someone at her door, in a continuous line, for three hours straight. A couple thousand kids. It’s insane.

Reaction Score
Can't say that I have.

While they'd be well within their right, I suppose my neighbors thought it'd be in bad taste (which it is) to proselytize through children merely seeking a sugar high.

The worst part is they'd sneak it in your bag, cupped against some Reese's. Then you'd get home, dump your bag out and it'd be laying there amongst your take. Total propaganda.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The worst part is they'd sneak it in your bag, cupped against some Reese's. Then you'd get home, dump your bag out and it'd be laying there amongst your take. Total propaganda.

I've never actually egged a house, but I'd think that would be a primary target.

Reaction Score
If you don't want to get stuck with the left over candy just put it all out in a bowl on the porch & like magic it will disappear.

I did that last year toward the end as I was tired of getting up. A kid just dumped the whole bowl in his bag.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I egged houses. When someone gave us apples? We'd whip them right back against their house.

One time, we all whizzed in a coffee can, leaned it against the front door and rang the doorbell. Glad they didn't have video doorbells then.
I shudder to think about the stuff we did as kids. So much of it was so insanely dangerous and destructive by today’s standards.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Very chilly in my part of Florida tonight. In the mid 40's with wind chills in the 30's. It was high 70's at lunch time.

Halloween quantity has been severely dampened and I'm just hanging out a handful to each kid .

Mrs Diesel got Skittles and Skittles in green, M&M's and Peanut M&M's, mini Snickers, dots, Reese's and mini Reese's.

After working concession stand for HS football game, teens today are all about the sugar candies so I'm giving teens Skittles and Dots.

I care deeply about littlins choking so little kids get the M&M's

My generosity and scheming should leave max quantity of Reeses and Snickers for me.

As of 7:45, this what remains to hand out.

IMG_20191031_194307642~2.jpg

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Some old traditions are so bizarre, I can't imagine egging someone's house because they didn't give me candy.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Faves: As a kid I loved Mounds and Life Savers.

Hated: Sweet Tarts and Butterfingers

When I finally hung up the Unkown Comic bag in my mid-20s, my faves were still Mounds. And Mike & Ikes.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
When living in Meriden I loved the looks on the kid's faces when they said their thing and I would hold up a rather large bowl of chocolate pudding. Priceless.

Reaction Score
Very chilly in my part of Florida tonight. In the mid 40's with wind chills in the 30's. It was high 70's at lunch time.

Halloween quantity has been severely dampened and I'm just hanging out a handful to each kid .

Mrs Diesel got Skittles and Skittles in green, M&M's and Peanut M&M's, mini Snickers, dots, Reese's and mini Reese's.

After working concession stand for HS football game, teens today are all about the sugar candies so I'm giving teens Skittles and Dots.

I care deeply about littlins choking so little kids get the M&M's

My generosity and scheming should leave max quantity of Reeses and Snickers for me.

As of 7:45, this what remains to hand out.

View attachment 47633
WOW!!!!!!!! Nice!

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
...Least favorite. Anyone remember Necco Wafers. The worst....
I don't get the hate. There was a store near me that sold the all brown wafers. Oh, mommy!!!!!

Around 2002 I bit a wafer and broke a toof. I have avoided them for the most part since.

Reaction Score
Some old traditions are so bizarre, I can't imagine egging someone's house because they didn't give me candy.
Egging a house was rare and only reserved for the few known jerks It was mostly about getting in skirmishes with the kids around your age and protecting yourself from the older kids.

Kids spending all their free time holed up in their bedrooms gaming is weird to us older folks...we were basically never home outside of dinner time. It was riding our bikes snd playing in the woods for hours, when we got a bit older it was playing ball on the courts all day and always getting into some trouble...Think I was a part of the last generation that did all this stuff and I'm thankful for it, I think we had it way better.

Now if there is any trick or treating it's a set window of time deemed by the town, trunk or treat where kids just go to the school parking lot and parents hand out candy from the trunk of their car. Next it will be parents going to Walmart and handing their kids a $20 to pay for their favorite candy.

Reaction Score
I shudder to think about the stuff we did as kids. So much of it was so insanely dangerous and destructive by today’s standards.
By a few too many of today’s helicopter standards, most parents in my childhood neighborhood would have been ostracized after allowing us to trick or treat some years in rain, sleet, and even snow.

Heavy rain forecasts, some social media fear mongering, and calls to postpone until tomorrow or Saturday aside, we had a pretty good turnout tonight. Despite some rain drops, it was great to see most kids and their non-snowflake parents out enjoying themselves. No reported child abuse charges to boot! :cool:

Reaction Score
Egging a house was rare and only reserved for the few known jerks It was mostly about getting in skirmishes with the kids around your age and protecting yourself from the older kids.

Kids spending all their free time holed up in their bedrooms gaming is weird to us older folks...we were basically never home outside of dinner time. It was riding our bikes snd playing in the woods for hours, when we got a bit older it was playing ball on the courts all day and always getting into some trouble...Think I was a part of the last generation that did all this stuff and I'm thankful for it, I think we had it way better.

Now if there is any trick or treating it's a set window of time deemed by the town, trunk or treat where kids just go to the school parking lot and parents hand out candy from the trunk of their car. Next it will be parents going to Walmart and handing their kids a $20 to pay for their favorite candy.

Things escalated pretty fast in my old neighborhood back in the day on Halloween. I was hardly the tough guy. While many were going out as pirates and emulating characters in the movie Warriors... I had a homemade costume. I was a crayon. We are talking 80's here.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom