OT: - Favorite Cover's of Classic or Iconic Songs | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT: Favorite Cover's of Classic or Iconic Songs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Eva Cassidy covering "Over The Rainbow" from, well you know. Written by Harold Arlen and Yip Harburg for Judy.

It's a different take. Done live. But after you've heard it a couple times, you'll probably come to same conclusion as me that this is the way it always should have been sung.

I've always loved her cover, but then I heard IZ (RIP to both) and I think we've got a tie. Judy,Eva and IZ...pretty good trio? Others, too, have honored this timeless tune.

Last edited:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Alien Ant Farm does Michael Jackson. With many nods to Michael, in the video.

Smooth Criminal

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
My Chemical Romance did a cover of this song, but I like this version better. This is "Common People" by Pulp. It was voted best "Britpop" song ever.

The Pimps - Common People

Reaction Score
Already been a couple versions on here, but this is my favorite. The history on this song goes way back.

Lion Sleeps Tonight (Mbube) - Ladysmith Black Mabazo / Mint Juleps

The Tokens' version​

Reaction Score
!0,000 maniacs have done a number of covers over the years and they always do a good job with them. This is another song that a lot of acts have covered. Roxy Music's More Than This. The video is pretty cool, too.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score

‘Me and Bobby McGee’ by Janis Joplin​

So far we are on the same wave length. First two songs that came into my mind were RESPECT and Me and Bobby McGEE. I'm luv'in it!
Oops! Different wave length for Gipsy Kings - Hotel California. :);)

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
I see we are ready playing fast and loose with the terms "classic" and "iconic". :cool:
Also most are terrible covers when compared to the originals like Gipsy Kings - Hotel California. :D;)

Reaction Score
Saw this live when Sugarland, Little Big Town and Jake where on their National tour back in 08. Can't remember if it was in Reno or Southern California. I saw Sugarland live 3 times, so I don't know where I was at when it was performed.
Fun fact: Karen Fairchild and I have been in love for years. She doesn't know that, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom