OT: - Favorite Cover's of Classic or Iconic Songs | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Favorite Cover's of Classic or Iconic Songs

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
@MSGRET inspiring me to bring out the big guns. Jennifer Nettles and Karen Fairchild on the same stage. This song, "Life in a Northern Town" is superb.

Saw this live when Sugarland, Little Big Town and Jake where on their National tour back in 08. Can't remember if it was in Reno or Southern California. I saw Sugarland live 3 times, so I don't know where I was at when it was performed.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Ellie Greenwich was a songwriting contemporary of Carole King. They both put out hit after hit from the Brill Building. She finally put out an album of recordings of her own songs. I especially like this version.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
The song "You Belong To Me" was first recorded by Jo Stafford in 1952. It was quickly followed by versions from Sue Thompson, Patti Page and others. In 1962, The Duprees recorded a hit Doo Wop version. I like this Patsy Cline version, backed by The Jordanaires.

Reaction Score
In 2017 The Warning was the opening act for the Mother Of All Rock Festival in Monterrey, MX.
They did a promo before the festival where they played short sections of songs from the headline artists: Aerosmith, Tesla, Alice Cooper, Def Leppard, and Motley Crue.
Kickstart My Heart from the Crue shot in their practice space

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Steppenwolf doing a Muddy Waters/Willie Dixon classic. The Allman Brothers did a really good very different version a year or two later.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
True, but the question was, which do you prefer? Some people don't like alternate versions, some do. How about you, or others?
For the most part, I prefer an alternate take. If you're gonna do something that's already been done, make it your own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom