OT: - Favorite Cover's of Classic or Iconic Songs | Page 12 | The Boneyard

OT: Favorite Cover's of Classic or Iconic Songs

Status
Not open for further replies.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I see we have some instrumentals, so those are fair game. Latvian guitarist, she has a number of clips of classical pieces. Some she's by herself with some piped in accompaniment, others like this she has some friends. The other guitar player Victor I think is her teacher/coach, although she seems to have pretty much mastered the instrument so not sure what else he can teach her. Again, hard to pick one, but this is a lot of fun.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I'll probably think of more later, but just a few more. I was saving some from You Tubers who do mostly if not all covers.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
This song was a mega hit. I didn't understand why, I thought it was a bit dull. This cover spices it up quite a bit.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Forgot about this one. Another classical piece. Several cool versions of this floating around. I'm not sure where the lyrics came from.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Okay, last one for now. Metallica covered by the preeminent Mongolian folk metal band.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I haven't managed to get all the way thru this thread, so not sure how many Beatles covers have already been done. I'll add a few.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Janis did so many great covers. I also considered her magnificent covers of "Ball and Chain" and "Summertime", but this performance of the Rodgers and Hart classic "Little Girl Blue" (perhaps made most famous by the great Nina Simone) have special resonance with me.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
The ultimate cover of a classic, from the Julliard trained Neil Sedaka. Chopin would be proud.

Reaction Score
I didn’t read all the suggestions, so this one might have already been listed. “Don’t Think Twice It’s Alright” as covered by Eric Clapton. He turned it into a great blues song with a fantastic guitar riff.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
David Byrne covering the Talking Head's version of Al Green's song. with the incomparable Christine Wheeler.

Take Me To The River

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Bridge Over Troubled Waters has been covered by quite a few. I won't call this my favorite, but it is distinctive. I think she's omitted the third verse. It's somewhat gospelish in sections. Love the energy.

Reaction Score
One of the craziest covers ever.

Gail Farrell and Dick Dale from Lawrence Welk show covering Brewer and Shipley's "One Toke Over the Line".

This approaches surrealistic territory. Rolling Stone named the song the sixth-best stoner song of all time. And Welk apparently had no concept. (Although one critic suggested that accordianist Myron Florin's coughing during the introduction may have been him holding back a few laughs.) See ‘One Toke Over the Line’ on ‘Lawrence Welk’—Huh? - Best Classic Bands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom