Fall non-UConn recruiting thread | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Fall non-UConn recruiting thread

Reaction Score
"One of the top programs in the country" kind of narrows it down some but zero clue.
My guess would be Kitts who is rumored to have placed a silent verbal to the Ville awhile back but has seemed particularly high on SC lately.

Reaction Score
My guess would be Kitts who is rumored to have placed a silent verbal to the Ville awhile back but has seemed particularly high on SC lately.
Can't be her. They call her out as 'uncommitted'

Reaction Score
Can't be her. They call her out as 'uncommitted'
Actually I can believe it, the ball out media has been running the story of Kitts committing and decommitting for a while now despite the fact she has never officially announced her decision to begin with. Dumb journalism but they do anything for the clicks and the website they run looks like a major scam.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
November as in next month ? Woah , Im anticipating guesstimating those 3 schools are Arizona , UCLA , South Carolina or Duke as a replaceable 3rd. Duke has real shot here i think . #Triad * Eye balls *
Juju Watkins was just on Cameron Brink’s instagram story with a lot of the other Stanford players. Seems Stanford is 1/3 schools she’s considering.

Reaction Score
Is BallOut a legitimate source or rumor monger fishing for clicks?
They sound somewhat reliable based on what some posters have noted. They definitely want clicks based on their paywall set up.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Juju Watkins was just on Cameron Brink’s instagram story with a lot of the other Stanford players. Seems Stanford is 1/3 schools she’s considering.
Juju visited Stanford this weekend and attended the open practice. Hopefully a good sign given how little time is left before decision day...

Reaction Score
Juju visited Stanford this weekend and attended the open practice. Hopefully a good sign given how little time is left before decision day...
SCar and Stanford have gotten OVs. I assume SoCal and UCLA HAVE HAD HER ON CAMPUS SEVERAL TIMES for, at least, unofficial visits. Arizona has been mentioned but I don’t know anything about visits.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Three?
Purportedly the three she's definitely OV'd were USC, SCAR and Stanford. But everyone thinks Arizona is among her top targets. If UCLA is among her finalists, both she and the school have been quieter than church mice about it.

Reaction Score
Purportedly the three she's definitely OV'd were USC, SCAR and Stanford. But everyone thinks Arizona is among her top targets. If UCLA is among her finalists, both she and the school have been quieter than church mice about it.
Yeah. The post here FORCED me to go read the CardBoard.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
BallOut is a mixed bag. I subscribed briefly but canceled. It's expensive (about $20/month) and the information was sometimes accurate and sometimes not. Some of the so-called inside information was available elsewhere on the internet. Overall, not worth the $$. I would bet most of the subscribers are Tennessee fans. The guy who runs the WCBB side of things seems to favor the Ladyvols, though he's probably pandering to the majority of his subscribers. I think Tennessee subscribers received a discount.

That said, I am a bit bothered by the tweet about the de-commitment. He's asking fans to part with $20 to learn information that will eventually become public. It's a free market but marketing your service on the whims of 17 year-old kids is, well, something.

Reaction Score
BallOut is a mixed bag. I subscribed briefly but canceled. It's expensive (about $20/month) and the information was sometimes accurate and sometimes not. Some of the so-called inside information was available elsewhere on the internet. Overall, not worth the $$. I would bet most of the subscribers are Tennessee fans. The guy who runs the WCBB side of things seems to favor the Ladyvols, though he's probably pandering to the majority of his subscribers. I think Tennessee subscribers received a discount.

That said, I am a bit bothered by the tweet about the de-commitment. He's asking fans to part with $20 to learn information that will eventually become public. It's a free market but marketing your service on the whims of 17 year-old kids is, well, something.
Do you get your two sawbucks back if it doesn’t happen?

CompSci87

Stanford fan
Reaction Score
Juju Watkins was at Stanford this weekend with her family. They attended the WBB open intrasquad scrimmage, and some fans organized a "Juju come to Stanford" cheer for her.

CompSci87

Stanford fan
Reaction Score
Three?
There was one recent story that said she'd narrowed her list to three but that she wouldn't say who. An ESPN story that came out later gave a list of four: USC, Stanford, Arizona, South Carolina.

Reaction Score

My purple panthers :cool:

@triaddukefan, congrats to you, and best wishes to this young lady as she finishes up high school, and then transfers her talent and skills to High Point. I remember how happy you were when they played in the 20-21 NCAAs. The players were disciplined, and followed their game plan to a “T”. And although it wasn’t a close game, they did manage to make some 3-pointers (their specialty) against UCONN, which rightfully excited their coaching staff and bench.

Reaction Score

Out of curiosity I wonder if you or any other posters have any paid recruiting or women's basketball related sites that do seem like a good value. It seems to me that most of the recruiting ones are too expensive for most hard core fans. The target audience is apparently media, players, coaches etc that have more of a direct vested interest. I do subscribe to Her Hoops Stats for $20 and think it is worthwhile for statistical analysis of women's college basketball and the WNBA, but I have not subscribed to other women's basketball sites.

Reaction Score
Out of curiosity I wonder if you or any other posters have any paid recruiting or women's basketball related sites that do seem like a good value. It seems to me that most of the recruiting ones are too expensive for most hard core fans. The target audience is apparently media, players, coaches etc that have more of a direct vested interest. I do subscribe to Her Hoops Stats for $20 and think it is worthwhile for statistical analysis of women's college basketball and the WNBA, but I have not subscribed to other women's basketball sites.
I subscribe to my schools site but it is for more than just recruiting. I am respectful to not post premium content here or anywhere else. However most recruiting information is going to get out sooner rather than later regardless. I have yet to see any sites that offer that much of a difference.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
@triaddukefan, congrats to you, and best wishes to this young lady as she finishes up high school, and then transfers her talent and skills to High Point. I remember how happy you were when they played in the 20-21 NCAAs. The players were disciplined, and followed their game plan to a “T”. And although it wasn’t a close game, they did manage to make some 3-pointers (their specialty) against UCONN, which rightfully excited their coaching staff and bench.

81% of the players that played in that game are still on the roster. If Skylar Curran (the 2021 conference player of the year who missed last season with a ACL tear) returns to form, this should be the best season in Panther history.

Concerning this recruit, she certainly fits the type of player that Coach Banbury seeks out. Just about everyone on this year's roster is between 5'11 and 6'1 with 3 point range. This year's roster has 12 guards, 1 forward, and 1 center :confused:

Reaction Score
Delaney Thomas and Hannah Hidalgo were at Duke this weekend
I could see Thomas at Duke. She and Jadyn Donovan are good friends and have played together on AAU and the USA team. Thomas would have to get a lot stronger and faster if she wants to see time on the floor.

Reaction Score
81% of the players that played in that game are still on the roster. If Skylar Curran (the 2021 conference player of the year who missed last season with a ACL tear) returns to form, this should be the best season in Panther history.

Concerning this recruit, she certainly fits the type of player that Coach Banbury seeks out. Just about everyone on this year's roster is between 5'11 and 6'1 with 3 point range. This year's roster has 12 guards, 1 forward, and 1 center :confused:
Wow! With the abundance of guards, some of them will have to help out with the 4 and 5 spots. Best wishes to your team.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score

Woah...

This has to be a punch in the gut to Texas A&M's Joni Taylor. Mom having been a former swimmer at A&M was not enough to keep Wagner in state (despite having been verbally committed to in-state schools like Baylor and Texas at one time).

Reaction Score
This has to be a punch in the gut to Texas A&M's Joni Taylor. Mom having been a former swimmer at A&M was not enough to keep Wagner in state (despite having been verbally committed to in-state schools like Baylor and Texas at one time).
Agree. That can’t be a good sign as it is a complete reversal of what was previously thought of her wanting to stay close to home.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom