Fall Camp 2018 Coverage - #RiseAsOne | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Fall Camp 2018 Coverage - #RiseAsOne

Reaction Score
I wouldn’t be surprised to see more heart out there this season. This team wants to turn it around
It all starts with confidence in knowing your assignments. The year 2 guys should have a much better understanding of the defense which should help a lot.

I still think 4 wins would be a good season though. Everyone saying 6 is just setting themselves up for disappointment

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
It all starts with confidence in knowing your assignments.

This. Don't try to be a hero and get caught out of position. Know your reads and be where you are supposed to be. This alone would make a big difference for us.

Reaction Score
It all starts with confidence in knowing your assignments. The year 2 guys should have a much better understanding of the defense which should help a lot.

I still think 4 wins would be a good season though. Everyone saying 6 is just setting themselves up for disappointment

So in life you should set up low enough expectations such that you don't disappoint yourself? Nah. Expect to win every game and let the chips fall where they may. I expect a bowl team. It's not like you have to go undefeated to get there, just win half the time. So, yeah I'll be disappointed if UConn doesn't get there, so what. I was disappointed in 3-9 last year, could have been 5-7 or 0-12 (based on 5 games decided by touchdown or less); would it have been better if I expected 2-10 and we overachieved.

Reaction Score
Marshé Terry and Omar Fortt should be standouts on D. The O Line will be much better as will Pindell. The fact that we've identified some pretty good depth at all positions---and are way ahead of last year's "collective confusion", should give us all some confidence. Don't be shocked if we're the surprise team of the AAC this year.

Isn't the entire basis of being the surprise team of the year that, if it happens, you are supposed to be surprised?

Reaction Score
Damn it's getting harder and harder to keep my expectations in check.
Its happening to me too, but then I’m reminded how young they will be on D. Looking forward to the UCF game with guarded anticipation.

Reaction Score
I agree

e

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
April and May must be confusing for a lot of people after all the best shape of his career stories in Spring Training.

Reaction Score
Marshé Terry and Omar Fortt should be standouts on D. The O Line will be much better as will Pindell. The fact that we've identified some pretty good depth at all positions---and are way ahead of last year's "collective confusion", should give us all some confidence. Don't be shocked if we're the surprise team of the AAC this year.

You almost had me there......I hope you are right

Reaction Score
I think we're set up to win the last five games.

It could play out something like that. I just don't see how such a young team can be expected to take on this early schedule and pull out Ws. If the talent is in fact there, it should show itself later in the season when experience takes hold and the schedule is a bit easier.

I think it's going to come down to whether we really have some young athletes on the defense. We have simply got to be able to run better from the LB positions.

Reaction Score
Isn't the entire basis of being the surprise team of the year that, if it happens, you are supposed to be surprised?
Actually it’s never surprising to the person who predicts it. I won’t be surprised. But all the pessimists, naysayers and pundits who picked us to finish near the bottom certainly will be.

Reaction Score
At some point in all this you have to be a fan. I will be there against UCF, turn my brain off a bit, and have my heart set on a win and pull for the guys. Yeah, you set yourself up for some disappointment, but it's what you do as a fan.

15-0 baby, our first football national championship!

Reaction Score
Actually it’s never surprising to the person who predicts it. I won’t be surprised. But all the pessimists, naysayers and pundits who picked us to finish near the bottom certainly will be.

We haven't had a non-losing season since 2010. With a tough schedule this year + a majority of roster spots filled by underclassmen, predicting another losing season isn't pessimism. Its realism.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
We haven't had a non-losing season since 2010. With a tough schedule this year + a majority of roster spots filled by underclassmen, predicting another losing season isn't pessimism. Its realism.
All correct. But with 15 days to go to kick off, this is when the eternal optimist peak and are allowed their glory.

Reaction Score
We haven't had a non-losing season since 2010.
“Non-losing”? That’s what half-empty folks say. Half-full folks say “We haven’t had a “winning season” since 2010. :)

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Wish we were starting off the season with an FCS opponent so we could build some momentum. UCF and Boise are going to be a bear for a young team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom