Fall Camp 2018 Coverage - #RiseAsOne | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Fall Camp 2018 Coverage - #RiseAsOne

Reaction Score
Anything is possible which is why the realistic range of possible wins is from 1 to 6.
You really think 1 win in within the range of realistic? It is very unusual for a FBS team win only 1 game. In 2017 one team did not win a single game and 4 won only 1 game. So using 2017 stats it is realistic that UConn in 2018 is one of the 5 worst teams (record wise) in all of FBS football? Sure hope 1 win isn't realistic.
Like lot of what I see (not so much defensive scheme last year) related to basics in player development, recruiting, attitude along with some potential talent available (more so on offense). Why put 1 win in 2018 as potentially realistic? That is just damn poor results and having only 1 win should send a giant red flag up concerning the HCRE2.0 scenario. If I were AD at UConn and HCRE2.0's team goes 1-11, (as Ricky Ricardo would have said) "you got some 'splaining to do Randy".

Reaction Score
That's an overlooked area where we'll improve. 3-5 more yards per punt will help all phases. Now if Tarbutt could just be clutch...

Reaction Score
Tarbutt. TARButt!!!TARBUTT!!! I honestly don’t get why we don’t have another kicker. Kick offs he is fine but the rest of it...

Reaction Score
Tarbutt!!!I honestly don’t get why we don’t have another kicker.
He’s been working very hard to overcome his inconsistencies. My take is we’ll see a more confident and reliable version of Tarbutt this year.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I think the players get it this year and less of the fighting the Edsall coaching style and those who had issues are gone or are buried on the bench.
I truly believe if the team is healthy they can go 6-6 and maybe 7-5. If they pull what they did the last 5 games, who knows. 3 wins maybe 4.

Reaction Score
I think the players get it this year and less of the fighting the Edsall coaching style and those who had issues are gone or are buried on the bench.
I truly believe if the team is healthy they can go 6-6 and maybe 7-5. If they pull what they did the last 5 games, who knows. 3 wins maybe 4.
If they play and they actually play as a unit they could go 6-6

Reaction Score
Man..... looking at the schedule it's hard to see more than 3 or 4 wins. But who knows, Boise lays an egg vs Troy(doesn't lose as that would be hard to fathom but really struggles) and UConn has a good showing vs UCF. Both schools have to travel to get to Boise so no advantgae as far as time to prepare. Maybe, just maybe UConn is 2-1(Rhodey at home 3rd week) on their short trip up to Syracuse with a little more swagger and a little more doubt in the Orange after they are humiliated the week before by Florida St. in the Carrier Dome. College football is a funny, unpredictable game and if the ball bounces your way at the right time....

Reaction Score
You mean the Syracuse team that beat Clemson last year in the Dome?

Reaction Score
Looking at the glass half full, 6-6 is much more probable than 1-11.

Yup. We aren't losing to URI, and even in the Pasqualoni/Diaco horror years, we never went winless in conference play.

Not happening under Edsall. 2-10 is the floor.

Reaction Score
Of course it is. About as probable as 6-6. Which is to say not very probable.

1 win is completely improbable and if it occurs HCRE2.0 should be coaching for his job in 2019. Hard to lose to Rhode Island as will be 3rd game of year so UConn should have some kinks worked out, Stonybrook is a 14 point favorite over Rhode Island this year and last years Rhode Island team lost to 375th ranked Brown. I'd give this game a very, very likely win.
So, UConn plays 11 FBS teams and it's "Of course..." within the range of probable that UConn will win ZERO of those games. Again, if that is the case, staff has a lot of 'splain'n to do.
I don't understand why after 18 months of "new and correct coaching" no wins against FBS teams could be considered in the realm of possibility, never mind in the "range" of probable. With the poorly trained, conditioned and attitude team of 2017 they won 3 games.

Reaction Score
1 win is completely improbable and if it occurs HCRE2.0 should be coaching for his job in 2019. Hard to lose to Rhode Island as will be 3rd game of year so UConn should have some kinks worked out, Stonybrook is a 14 point favorite over Rhode Island this year and last years Rhode Island team lost to 375th ranked Brown. I'd give this game a very, very likely win.
So, UConn plays 11 FBS teams and it's "Of course..." within the range of probable that UConn will win ZERO of those games. Again, if that is the case, staff has a lot of 'splain'n to do.
I don't understand why after 18 months of "new and correct coaching" no wins against FBS teams could be considered in the realm of possibility, never mind in the "range" of probable. With the poorly trained, conditioned and attitude team of 2017 they won 3 games.
We won 3 games last year by a combined 17 points. Every win was a one possession game.

It’s entirely possible that a team that’s basically starting over with freshmen and sophomores on defense doesn’t win more than 1 game.

With that being said, I don’t think that’s a likely outcome, but I can’t fathom ruling a 1 win season out entirely.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Haha, I read a couple of your posts today Bill. You are a half full kind of guy!

Reaction Score
We won 3 games last year by a combined 17 points. Every win was a one possession game.

It’s entirely possible that a team that’s basically starting over with freshmen and sophomores on defense doesn’t win more than 1 game.

With that being said, I don’t think that’s a likely outcome, but I can’t fathom ruling a 1 win season out entirely.
Exactly. Not probable but certainly not impossible.

Reaction Score
I read somewhere that 1 won is the hardest thing to accomplish in college football by a long shot. Way easier to lose all and that is very difficult too. A big part is because it is college football and kids get extra pumped or extra unfocused. As a result bad teams beat good ones and good ones lose to bad ones every year. Plus lots of teams are really close and a beak here or there could bring a different outcome.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom