Fair weather fans, please leave. | The Boneyard

Fair weather fans, please leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Amen!

I only want to read sniveling, whiny, cry baby laments from true fans!

Like me. In fact, all of you should try to be more like me.

I have a dream, a dream that is the Boneyard. And in my dream, all of you are 6'6", 250 on the internet.

Today, let's all resolve to be taller and borderline obese whenever we post. And if you don't, I will meet all of you at some random golf club in Florida for a round of vicious face punching.

Reaction Score
WWFD? That's what I ask myself before posting sniveling, whiny, cry baby laments. As a result, my life is richer now. I'm going to buy the bumper sticker and encourage all good fans to do the same.

Reaction Score
I believe we're going to win on Saturday. Yes, we are shooting horribly, I don't care. Yep, we are underachieving on the boards. We can't crack the zone. These are all fair points.

I will "be done" with the Huskies when I am dead, eating a dirt sandwich, pushing up daises to welcome the sun and the morning dew. And if possible, I may support them from beyond the grave, at least, that's what the UConn Foundation suggests I do in the many pieces of literature they send to my address.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
WWFD? That's what I ask myself before posting sniveling, whiny, cry baby laments. As a result, my life is richer now. I'm going to buy the bumper sticker and encourage all good fans to do the same.

Two words. Knuckle tattoos.

Reaction Score
Actually if its sunny I'd just as soon do something outside to help me lose the excess 2o-30lbs I'm carring on my 6'5 3/4" frame (scale said 275 after Wed's debacle). But IF its raining and miserable, I love me some Huskies, Rolling Rocks, hot wings and a 5lb bag of M&M's.

Reaction Score
People around here are spoiled little biatches. There is not a team in the country that would not love to be NCs coming into this year.
Does anyone remember anything prior to the BET last year? We looked like crap- we were playing like crap- we pretty much played our way out of the top 25.

We still have all the pieces- if the light can get turned on we have a chance to compete with anyone. If they don't get better I would love to enjoy whatever basketball moments are left this year. I have enough insane people in my work life- this is supposed to be fun and after a NC people should chill- if they can not chill they should do a whole lot of STFU before they dump on our players and coaches after every loss.

Reaction Score
People forget so soon. Last year we were 9-9. It's a work in progress.

Reaction Score
Would it be the end of the world if we don't win the BET or repeat as NCs? Sometimes people forget that we are 'only' outsiders looking in and are powerless to change things other than supporting the team come hell or high water. You don't give up on a child struggling or even a friend for that matter.

Do fans of Pitt, Depaul, Rutgers and others who have never tasted the cup of ultimate victory give up on their teams after so many years of failure? And yet they keep cheering and stay on the bandwagon. And our fans aren't can't even get past half a season!

So yes Scote, unfortunately many UConn fans are spoiled little .

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I believe we're going to win on Saturday. Yes, we are shooting horribly, I don't care. Yep, we are underachieving on the boards. We can't crack the zone. These are all fair points.

I will "be done" with the Huskies when I am dead, eating a dirt sandwich, pushing up daises to welcome the sun and the morning dew. And if possible, I may support them from beyond the grave, at least, that's what the UConn Foundation suggests I do in the many pieces of literature they send to my address.

that's what I'm talking about

RoderickSpode

7th Earl of Sidcup
Reaction Score
I always go back to the '96-'97 season for inspiration if I feel my commitment wavering -- the youth, the suspensions, the lack of stable leadership. That season I was merely 13 years old (and because of that it was my first season as a truly sentient UConn fan that we didn't make the tourney), but being a kid only made it easier to believe that the team had great things in store if I stuck it out and kept watching. Then I recall what transpired the following two seasons -- even seeing them come together in the NIT that March was a great experience. This team could definitely turn it on sooner than that group did, but even if it doesn't happen until next year I'm gonna watch every second I can and yell at the TV. There's nothing wrong with being frustrated or angry or even throwing things at your television, but to give up completely because of a losing streak makes you look infantile.

This team's time will come. Would you order a filet mignon and then bust into the kitchen while it's still cooking and berate the chef because it isn't ready? No. You sit and wait and occasionally remark to your wife, "Damn, this is taking a while." Let the magic happen.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Ugh, I hate the backlash to the backlash.

No offense to Palatine, a good poster, but the "I'm a mature fan" posts are more annoying to me than the "this team sucks" posts.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Ugh, I hate the backlash to the backlash.

No offense to Palatine, a good poster, but the "I'm a mature fan" posts are more annoying to me than the "this team sucks" posts.

Oh, duck* this.

If there is one thing I hate, it's the backlash to the backlash of the backlash.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Oh, duck* this.

If there is one thing I hate, it's the backlash to the backlash of the backlash.

Hey, I didn't start a new thread!

Excuse me, I'm going to go take some more NyQuil now.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
This season is over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
Actually if its sunny I'd just as soon do something outside to help me lose the excess 2o-30lbs I'm carring on my 6'5 3/4" frame (scale said 275 after Wed's debacle). But IF its raining and miserable, I love me some Huskies, Rolling Rocks, hot wings and a 5lb bag of M&M's.
I checked the FBMI (Fishy Body Mass Index). According to your height you need to drop 25lb

Reaction Score
this team is most likely going nowhere this season especially now with our leader indefinitely laid up. but you know what? im ok with it and will continue to support this team. i love this team and will stick with them through the good times and the bad.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I was hating the backlash to the backlash before it was a popular thing to hate.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk

H

huskymagic

I like the optimism. I also believe we will win tomorrow if Blaney sticks to Boat, Lamb, Roscoe, Oriakhi and Drummond lineup. I dont want to see any substitutions for the first 10 minutes at all especially not Napier playing at the same time as Boat as that will cause tension.

Reaction Score
I like the optimism. I also believe we will win tomorrow if Blaney sticks to Boat, Lamb, Roscoe, Oriakhi and Drummond lineup. I dont want to see any substitutions for the first 10 minutes at all especially not Napier playing at the same time as Boat as that will cause tension.

I agree even if they're down 20 no subs whatsover...........Let's not play Boat and Shabazz together at all but let's see a lot of Roscoe and Alex together because they've both been so fn good?? C'mon throwing this all oon Boat and DD makes you look silly I hope you know that?

Reaction Score
This season is over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gee . . . .I remember reading those same words last season too.

Wonder how that turned out????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22