fair or foul: uconn fans heckling texas player s | Page 2 | The Boneyard

fair or foul: uconn fans heckling texas player s

Status
Not open for further replies.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
To the people who are saying this is horrible.....I'm sure you all yell great call when the ref misses a travel, correct? This happens all over the country can't say it's that big a deal. Our play on Sunday is a totally different story.

Reaction Score
I was there, an individual from our crowd yelled something at a specific Texas employee/manager/waterboy/something..amongst all the chatter and other chants, I couldn't make out what the individual said. The Texas staff member responded by turning around and flipping us off. This video is what ensued afterwards.

Not saying either of us were right or wrong, but after watching a grown man flip off a group of college students, you bet your a$ $ I joined in.

Reaction Score
I'd feel it would clearly cross the line if the chant singled players out. " Turner" or something.

"F-U Texas" is crass and not very creative, but if you're deeply offended, you could use some pearls to clutch.

That said, if this becomes a bigger deal than one Instagram page and the student section gets reprimanded, they should be creative and show up at the next game early and chant "Welcome, Yale" or "Welcome To Our Home" or something. Put it on YouTube and call it a day. And then Instead of "bullish-t" after a bad call, chant "we humbly disagree"
There actually was a duck you turner chant at one point... I camped out and was in the bottom part of the student section and that went 0-100 real quick. Turner got most of the heckling, but Ridley was subject to fat jokes, Felix to short jokes, and a few more. And I loved every minute of it. Sorry if that makes me a bad person, but it was an unbelievable experience and we wanted to do anything we could to throw off the TX players. And I'd like to think it worked, at least on Turner considering how ordinary he looked for a #2 recruit and #1 pick prospect.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
There actually was a duck you turner chant at one point... I camped out and was in the bottom part of the student section and that went 0-100 real quick. Turner got most of the heckling, but Ridley was subject to fat jokes, Felix to short jokes, and a few more. And I loved every minute of it. Sorry if that makes me a bad person, but it was an unbelievable experience and we wanted to do anything we could to throw off the TX players. And I'd like to think it worked, at least on Turner considering how ordinary he looked for a #2 recruit and #1 pick prospect.
You dont think yelling 'Turners Mom Wears Combat Boots' would throw him off his game but saying does?
Just Curious which words throw a player off his game and which dont - chants are NOT needed - but to each their own - accept the negativity it created, you caused it.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Really, I don't think this is any different at other colleges or universities. Show me a pregame video of Texas students waiting outside as UConn players walk by them as they head into their arena next year, and it would probably be pretty similar to this.

As always tcf, you nailed it.

Jeez you old grumps, relax. This is not a huge deal.
What do you expect from college kids? I'm sure this happens at all other universities. Why is this even a thread?

They came in right by the student section who was undoubtedly intoxicated and pumped for a big game. Who CARES!? That doesn't excuse them not shaking hands with our players. I personally think they left the court in a hurry because they feared a review at the end of the game.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
What do you expect from college kids? I'm sure this happens at all other universities.

I expect college kids to represent the University well in all situations.
I expect college kids to be mature on a certain level - like the non college kids at the same age level carrying weapons and protecting America's freedoms and always representing us with class.

Can you find me the video from Yale when this occured there by chance?

"They came in right by the student section who was undoubtedly intoxicated and pumped for a big game."
So it was the booze that made them do it...opinions are great as everyone has one - mine is it looks bad, you think its no big deal - so be it.

Go Huskies!!

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
I expect college kids to represent the University well in all situations.
I expect college kids to be mature on a certain level - like the non college kids at the same age level carrying weapons and protecting America's freedoms and always representing us with class.

Can you find me the video from Yale when this occured there by chance?

"They came in right by the student section who was undoubtedly intoxicated and pumped for a big game."
So it was the booze that made them do it...opinions are great as everyone has one - mine is it looks bad, you think its no big deal - so be it.

Go Huskies!!
This reads like something from the Onion but you are serious, good lord. No, Yale is too busy raping women and covering it up for this to ever happen.

Reaction Score
You dont think yelling 'Turners Mom Wears Combat Boots' would throw him off his game but saying does?
Just Curious which words throw a player off his game and which dont - chants are NOT needed - but to each their own - accept the negativity it created, you caused it.
"Turners Mom Wears Combat Boots," you must be in your 100's.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
This reads like something from the Onion but you are serious, good lord. No, Yale is too busy raping women and covering it up for this to ever happen.
You did find the commonality between Yale and UConn - good for you - but failed to prove the posters point that everyone yells Faq u to opposing BB players.
Next you will tell me everyone does it so it's ok.

Reaction Score
You did find the commonality between Yale and UConn - good for you - but failed to prove the posters point that everyone yells Faq u to opposing BB players.
Next you will tell me everyone does it so it's ok.
Next I will tell you you're a clown and your mother wears combat boots in the shower.

Reaction Score
I did hear a "you can't read" chant when (I believe) Turner was taking free throws in the first half.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Next I will tell you you're a clown and your mother wears combat boots in the shower.
Did the truth hurt your feelings superjohn and you dropped a level to name calling??
Kids...

:-(

LOL

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
The Cameron Crazies are celebrated by everyone in college basketball for their heckling. Everyone else receives a shocked and awed "why I never!" response. It's not like Army or Navy were getting off the bus and our students were chanting at them to F off (like our RU friends have).

Reaction Score
Did the truth hurt your feelings superjohn and you dropped a level to name calling??
Kids...

:-(

LOL
I was making a joke about how ridiculous it is when you say college students should tell a player his mom wears combat boots in the shower. Ttust me, I don't take you seriously old-timer.

Reaction Score
Give a couple hundred college kids (who have likely camped out for 24+ hours for a basketball game) a glimpse of the opposition and you are lucky this was the worst thing they said.

Personally chanted the same thing when they walked in in 2010... This is NOT an issue that the PC police need to regulate.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
I remember a BC game when Mickey Curley, Bill's brother, was taking it pretty bad to the point that one of his teammates put his arm around him as they walked off the court. I don't recall feeling bad for him.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
I was making a joke about how ridiculous it is when you say college students should tell a player his mom wears combat boots in the shower. Ttust me, I don't take you seriously old-timer.

SuperJohn - you are a great poster but your reading comprehension is not very good.

You added the word shower - I didnt say that.
You called me a clown - which is ok - many revert to name calling on this medium.

Would you want your kid to someday be taunted with FAQ U's as an athlete or your mother wears combat boots - its a question that doesnt need to be answered.

Lets agree to disagree - you and many others feel it is good representation of the University to yell FAQ U to a player - I dont feel the same.

Go Huskies and Represent Well!!

Reaction Score
Foul. Culture is really going downhill. Keep the to the bedroom.

Just the bedroom? What about the shower, the kitchen, the hot tub, or the movable stacks at the bottom level of Babbidge Library (unless they are gone now)?

Reaction Score
SuperJohn - you are a great poster but your reading comprehension is not very good.

You added the word shower - I didnt say that.
You called me a clown - which is ok - many revert to name calling on this medium.

Would you want your kid to someday be taunted with FAQ U's as an athlete or your mother wears combat boots - its a question that doesnt need to be answered.

Lets agree to disagree - you and many others feel it is good representation of the University to yell FAQ U to a player - I dont feel the same.

No I don't think yelling at people is a good look but I'm used to it, if you get over 100 people together with alcohol you are going to see some pretty stupid behavior, when it's over 100 college kids liquored up before a big sporting event you are going to get really dumb behavior. It makes the students look like morons but I could really care less, it's when the behavior turns to racism, demeaning women etc. where the behavior cannot be tolerated and is a huge blight on the University. I was making a joke about the mom wearing combat boots in the shower because that's an insult from the 50's and no college age kid would know what the hell you are talking about.

Reaction Score
It's just a part of big time college sports; that's all. As long as nothing is racist or s exist, I have no problem participating. All schools do it, many others probably even worse. There is no reason to act like we're any different from any other school here. We heckle, we tease, we taunt, and (usually) we win.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
It's just a part of big time college sports; that's all. As long as nothing is racist or s exist, I have no problem participating. All schools do it, many others probably even worse. There is no reason to act like we're any different from any other school here. We heckle, we tease, we taunt, and (usually) we win.

Stop - ALL schools do not yell FAQ u to an opposing player - and lets say PITT does it - you want to be like PITT??

I would think UConn students could get clever when they want to heckle, tease and taunt...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer