fair or foul: uconn fans heckling texas player s | Page 3 | The Boneyard

fair or foul: uconn fans heckling texas player s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Of course, not everyone can pull a prank like Yale did a few years back on Harvard getting their football fans to hold up a 'You Suck' sign at Harvard Stadium. Crass and classic.

Reaction Score
Well, I don't condone -Bomb, especially when I have my kids at the game, but Texas can't get on their high horse either. Check out this video, I especially like the part where and adult has her little girl in the pink dress on her shoulders shouting "OU SUCKS". Glass houses my friends, glass houses.

Reaction Score
Stop - ALL schools do not yell FAQ u to an opposing player - and lets say PITT does it - you want to be like PITT??

I would think UConn students could get clever when they want to heckle, tease and taunt...

Go Huskies and Represent Well!!
You are way too caught up in this. Was it puerile? Of course. Was it out of line? Perhaps. But if you did a study, duck u is not a big concern. They are out opponent. We want to intimidate them. Would our home court advantage be feared if we waved at Texas and offered them food, and then sat on our hands and said nothing the entire game?? You haven't been in college for a few years, have you? And yes, for your PITT question. They have a great home court advantage; on par with Gampel. And if "Turner can't read" and "Ridley eat a salad" aren't creative enough for you from tired hungover (yet enthusiastic) fans, then you my friend have some Shakespearean expectations for creativity.

Reaction Score
I was in the student section, this chant was going on all game.. the best one was "YOU CANT READ" directed at Myles Turner ahahah

Reaction Score
Well, I don't condone -Bomb, especially when I have my kids at the game, but Texas can't get on their high horse either. Check out this video, I especially like the part where and adult has her little girl in the pink dress on her shoulders shouting "OU SUCKS". Glass houses my friends, glass houses.

Could be worse, and this story involved adult OU and UT fans and the word castration.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/-Scrotum.html

Reaction Score
I'm not gonna be the guy who tells students they have to represent the school better or something stupid like that.

But you look like an idiot when you chant something like "you can't read", especially with everything we went through with the APR. "duck* you" is about equally lame albeit mostly harmless. Come up with something better.

Reaction Score
Don't they send death threats in Texas to their own football players when they F up? I think the UConn students look pretty lame but the soap boxes people get on...

Reaction Score
I'm not gonna be the guy who tells students they have to represent the school better or something stupid like that.

But you look like an idiot when you chant something like "you can't read", especially with everything we went through with the APR. "duck* you" is about equally lame albeit mostly harmless. Come up with something better.

They should also know who KO and the staff were recruiting at one time or another!

Reaction Score
Some of them probably knew. Would explain the targeting of Turner.

Yeah but it looks stupid if they say he can't read but we were happy to take him right? Or am I missing something? LOL

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
It's a good thing this was Texas and not the University of South Carolina. We all know what those chants would have been and that probably would have been considered foul by the vast majority of us. Although I would expect, based on everything I've observed in this thread, it would not be universal.

Is there anyone besides myself, who read this thread and came to the conclusion that the underlying basis for humanities massive cluster fluke is the result of our diversity of thinking about how the world would best function? And by extension does this support the idea that religions are not the root cause of humanities problems but rather the manifestation of this diversity of opinion?

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
It's a good thing this was Texas and not the University of South Carolina. We all know what those chants would have been and that probably would have been considered foul by the vast majority of us. Although I would expect, based on everything I've observed in this thread, it would not be universal.

Is there anyone besides myself, who read this thread and came to the conclusion that the underlying basis for humanities massive cluster fluke is the result of our diversity of thinking about how the world would best function? And by extension does this support the idea that religions are not the root cause of humanities problems but rather the manifestation of this diversity of opinion?

Thats Deep.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Thats Deep.
I'm sure most people would agree with you. From my perspective the statements I made are extraordinarily obvious. And if more people understood them along with one other sentiment I didn't express, we would have a lot less polarity in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom