Fagnano it is | Page 20 | The Boneyard

Fagnano it is

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
When was the last time we've had an OC that was good and called plays that were pass heavy? This includes our current OC....I think we are finding our constant here.....every time a new OC comes in we hear about this modern spread and all this hogwash. Yet every season we avg 150 (a total guess) passing yards a game.....that's a complete joke in today's CFB. This has been the constant since Diaco was hired......you can't tell me we haven't had a single QB since the early 2010's that isn't capable of putting up big numbers and yet still struggle to have a dominant pass game?
Rhett lashlee, it hurt when he left after 1 season. He was the first OC we’ve had in a long time that I was excited about

ZOOCONN

Reaction Score
Charlton should get a lot of credit for our ground attack. It's easily the best approach to running the ball we have ever had. We are at least running a state-of-the-art style offense, something we have hardly ever been able to say. Play calling is questionable but the style of offense is sound. Saturday will be a good litmus test for Charlton and Fagnano, no lack of talent excuses against Georgia State.
What are your thoughts now?

ZOOCONN

Reaction Score
The media weren’t surprised.

They were shocked.
A few of them came out last night and reiterated what they thought threw camp. “The consensus from those who watched camp thought TR was the guy and I’ll leave it at that.”

ZOOCONN

Reaction Score
Yeah I read that quote and thought it completely tone deaf and frankly ignorant, kinda like LBJ saying we were winning in Vietnam.
Go watch his interview, it’s on YouTube because I came away feeling the same after reading those quotes but seeing the video gives it context and that’s not how he came across. I was actually relieved when I watched it cuz I was pretty pissed at his response when I read it. He actually came after JF a little bit “when the offense isn’t effective it all comes back to the QB” and “ya know there were plays out there where he didn’t see the open guys that I saw, that we all saw” and in regards to TR he did say they were empty yards but he said “ I’m not gonna take away from what he did, he did great, he went out there and competed and gave us some energy.” He said that at that point GST had changed their defense which changed how much they were able to do but he still got the job done.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
None of our QBs are good. Figure out which one you can get positive production from and commit to running the ball.

While were at it, lets fix this thing where people can just run up the middle against us untouched.

And if it's not to much trouble, find someone who can catch punts.

Enjoy next week if you can.

Reaction Score
None of our QBs are good. Figure out which one you can get positive production from and commit to running the ball.

While were at it, lets fix this thing where people can just run up the middle against us untouched.

And if it's not to much trouble, find someone who can catch punts.

Enjoy next week if you can.
I don’t know that all 3 are not good. Clearly Fagnano is what he is. A middle of the road FCS quarterback. In some ways he reminds me of the guy Edsall brought in from West Florida(?). Really good D2 quarterback. But we aren’t playing D2 football. He was way over his head. That was Fagnano. Roberson has looked pretty decent in limited opportunities and Zion made some plays.Not saying either one is Tom Brady but both are better than Fagnano I believe.

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
It was more about Mora not really putting weight in stats. He is not a stats guy.
The only stat that matters is 0-2 for wins & losses. UConn should be at 1-1, and from last season’s performance 2-0 was a distinct possibility. If they can roll off three straight wins, that would change the narrative.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I really didn't think Mora would sign off on a nepo pick. It's a bad look for him.
Morris seems like a guy who will trust the people under him. He also seems like a guy who doesn't have a huge tolerance for those whose actions repeatedly don't justify trust trust. I think Charlton's leash will be getting progressively shorter.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
I am absolutely shocked to be honest. I really hope to be pleasantly surprised but his stats against FBS teams last year (48% completion against BC, 44% against UNM) with 2 TDs and 3 INT are really not good. QB of a 2-9 FCS team is going to come up to FBS and lead us to success? I will wait and see.
Sheep Thumbs GIF

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
I follow Maine closely - Fagnano was a huge loss and he is going to be good for us (UConn). He had zero time against BC and UNM so I wouldn’t put stock in those numbers.

He is a steady, consistent presence and he doesn’t force throws. He will be an average FBS QB IMHO, which is a huge step forward in the last decade of UConn football. I get he has to prove himself but I’ll stick my neck out and say he will do just that.
1.5 games in and he may never see the field again. Heck of an eye for talent you have there Purp.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Heard that Fagnano injured his right arm. That is the justification for a change. With luck this is a Tom Brady moment
I wonder if our crack reporters will push Mora for an answer on this. I won't hold my breath.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
1.5 games in and he may never see the field again. Heck of an eye for talent you have there Purp.
I’ll own my words and hope for a redemption arc.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I don't want to completely derail the game week thread, but why did Mora's gut tell him to pick Fagnano?

We already know Charlton talked about Roberson's ability to throw the ball and now Mora is talking about all the intangibles a QB should bring to the huddle and locker room.

“Ta’Quan came in and he absolutely gave us a spark,” Mora said.
Later, he added, “I love the energy he brings, the passion he plays with, the intensity that he plays with. I think you see it in the way he moves around out there. I think he’s commanding... has tremendous arm strength [and] the ability to keep plays alive.”

Reaction Score
I don't want to completely derail the game week thread, but why did Mora's gut tell him to pick Fagnano?

We already know Charlton talked about Roberson's ability to throw the ball and now Mora is talking about all the intangibles a QB should bring to the huddle and locker room.

“Ta’Quan came in and he absolutely gave us a spark,” Mora said.
Later, he added, “I love the energy he brings, the passion he plays with, the intensity that he plays with. I think you see it in the way he moves around out there. I think he’s commanding... has tremendous arm strength [and] the ability to keep plays alive.”

Main guess was he was familiar with the system; but also reports were he threw no int in practice, but ima assume that is because he played it safe and probably was conservative. When you see the way Mora talks about Roberson extending plays and what not and brings the spark, it’s something that Joe F does not have

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom