Fagnano it is | Page 19 | The Boneyard

Fagnano it is

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, I appear to have been right. I have to wonder what Fagnano showed in camp, other than being Nick C.s right hand man, to earn the job over two incumbents.
More than that, I am wondering what happened at camp that would produce a team no unready to take the field on both sides of the Ball.

Fagano did not look even close to fitting the part. Cale Millen looked better.

Reaction Score
And Roberson got more and better offers and was rated higher. Let's see what he can do with a full game.
U think he is gonna get that? I thought so too, but after hearing about the post game comments I now have my doubts.

After seeing the stats I thought it was obvious who is gonna start against FIU. As a matter of fact I thought it was obvious that ZT has also moved up to #2.

FIU is the perfect game to get TR the snaps he will need before Duke. But if they send JR out there I think a lot of fans will just get turned off and leave.

Reaction Score
It was pretty clear to me that the team does not trust Fagnano’s ability one iota. The entire offense just had terrible body language from the drop, almost like they were defeated before the freaking kickoff. The team just does not believe in him, from my perspective and that’s a really bad fact if he’s your QB1.

I don’t know why Mora named JF starter in the first place. Presumably for ‘reasons’. Fine, he‘s the head coach. But he also has to be smart enough to understand that Fagnano has demonstrated that he simply does not have the skills to compete at the FBS level, and from here on out it HAS to be Roberson or Turner. And that’s non-negotiable.

UCONN wants to emphasize the run game and that’s cool. But no running game ever survives without the realistically sustainable threat of a pass option to discourage the front seven from cheating up on the LOS.

Reaction Score
I'm a basketball guy, but criticizing a coach's personnel decisions is a silly thing to do 90% of the time in my experience. We just don't have the information to make that call. Mora has been in every practice evaluating these guys with his, what, 35 years of coaching experience?

And fans who saw a few tweets from 3 open practices and a spring game think they have enough information to criticize. Good grief.

You were saying…

Reaction Score
This is where you should have stopped.

The media who watched plenty of practices were surprised at the selection.

It also appears that the team was too.

Let’s hope TR stays healthy and remains under center. There should be no confusion or controversy.

Are you trying to be a tool? Or just it just come naturally.

Reaction Score
Saturday: "We will probably announce Monday"
Monday: "We will actually announce Wednesday"
Wednesday: "Practice cancelled, we will not be announcing QB1 today"
Also Wednesday: "Just kidding, here is a press release of the QB1!"

That is exactly what NOT to do in PR 101.

So you were right. Although while it appeared to be an awkward PR situation it sounds like there was some indecision and maybe conflict within the team that prevented this announcement from being made as planned.

Reaction Score
Are you trying to be a tool? Or just it just come naturally.

Oh nice.

I’m not wrong,

Tell me in what universe TR looked worse than Fagnano.

I think Charlton wanted Fagnano but Mora did not. There is lots to unpack and be critical of here.

Reaction Score
This is where you should have stopped.

The media who watched plenty of practices were surprised at the selection.

It also appears that the team was too.

Let’s hope TR stays healthy and remains under center. There should be no confusion or controversy.
The media weren’t surprised.

They were shocked.

Reaction Score
It was pretty clear to me that the team does not trust Fagnano’s ability one iota. The entire offense just had terrible body language from the drop, almost like they were defeated before the freaking kickoff. The team just does not believe in him, from my perspective and that’s a really bad fact if he’s your QB1.

I don’t know why Mora named JF starter in the first place. Presumably for ‘reasons’. Fine, he‘s the head coach. But he also has to be smart enough to understand that Fagnano has demonstrated that he simply does not have the skills to compete at the FBS level, and from here on out it HAS to be Roberson or Turner. And that’s non-negotiable.

UCONN wants to emphasize the run game and that’s cool. But no running game ever survives without the realistically sustainable threat of a pass option to discourage the front seven from cheating up on the LOS.
The press conference did not indicate that Jim Mora had understood anything. He said TRs play was basically empty play and that JF played alright and defended him.

Reaction Score
Agreed. Hopefully, he was just trying to protect all involved. It came off as a little clueless.
I agree. It sounded the same last year with ZT when he played ok or poorly or very poorly Mora found a silver lining. Sometimes when it smells bad and there are a lot of flys around you have to admit it was a turd.

Reaction Score
The press conference did not indicate that Jim Mora had understood anything. He said TRs play was basically empty play and that JF played alright and defended him.
Yeah I read that quote and thought it completely tone deaf and frankly ignorant, kinda like LBJ saying we were winning in Vietnam.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom