Facey commits! | The Boneyard

Facey commits!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yup just saw this! We have a top 100 recruit this year baby!

Reaction Score
Great news! A quality big to continue our recent tradition and also another stud from the NYC area.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Welcome to the Dog Pound, Kentan!!!

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Great news, to shut the door on ST Johns/Rutgers before they even get a chance to pitch. Next up- his teammate TS

Reaction Score
"Facey had visits scheduled for St. John's on Friday and Rutgers next week, but he decided to end his recruitment after one look at Storrs."

Uh huh...uh uhhhh...I like it!

Reaction Score
I now have no doubt saying that Terrence Samuel, teammate and good friend of Kentan, will do the same after his visit on Friday. He will COMMITT!

hungry husky

Currently Hungry
Reaction Score
I now have no doubt saying that Terrence Samuel, teammate and good friend of Kentan, will do the same after his visit on Friday. He will COMMITT!

If we can pull Samuel, Iverson, and another big guy or XRM, then things will be looking very good for a long time.

Reaction Score
This brings me back to the 70s and 80s . . .

To SJ and Rutgers [making facemask gesture] - - FACE.

Reaction Score
Very pumped to have Kentan Facey aboard, he has definitely been a riser on the national scene and seems to have a lot of upside. ? is Kentan the first Jamaican player we've ever had.

Reaction Score
Big time get for the program. Recruiting well will make for a much smoother transition when Calhoun decides to turn the program over. We all know he wouldn't leave the throne with his kingdom in shambles.

Reaction Score
If we can pull Samuel, Iverson, and another big guy or XRM, then things will be looking very good for a long time.

I completely agree with that right there. UConn will never go away!

hungry husky

Currently Hungry
Reaction Score
Big time get for the program. Recruiting well will make for a much smoother transition when Calhoun decides to turn the program over. We all know he wouldn't leave the throne with his kingdom in shambles.

This makes sense. Loading Ollie up with elite talent so there will be a smooth transition.

"He has a nonstop motor and works hard at both ends." How can you not be excited about this guy?

Reaction Score
This brings me back to the 70s and 80s . . .

To SJ and Rutgers [making facemask gesture] - - FACE.

Not to disappoint, but eve though he was scheduled for unofficial visit to SJU, he was not even 3rd in line on SJU's interest list. SJU did not pursue Facey very hard at all. Sju only has one scholarship right now, and Lavin wants Jarrell Martin or Jermaine Lawrence and after that it's Ismail Wainright. Not sure how many have seen Facey. He's improved a lot but is quite raw. He fits perfectly in the mold of guys that Calhoun has developed into excellent centers, but he has a long way to go and only recently started cracking some higher rankings. Solid recruit. Not stud at this point. Could become good under Calhoun though.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
If he's looking to improve, he is far better off with Calhoun than he is with Lavin.

We're all in agreement there.

Reaction Score
Im not sold on Samuel yet. Guess we liked Facey more than Jordan Bell.

Reaction Score
MCNPA lobs Fishy an ally oop and he slams it home... You walked into that one.

Just saying, people are throwing around the word "stud" and "elite" but Facey is not close at this point nor was SJU really recruiting Facey. Not sure what I walked into? Calhoun does a great job at developing raw talent in the post. I already gave him credit for that. Not really sure what the measure of developing talent is, but Lavin has put quite a few into the pros himself. Lavin is also has several decades less experience coaching-wise than Calhoun does. I'd expect that to be the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom