Facey commits! | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Facey commits!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
the thing i never got with roscoe is that he never improved his legs. as result his game on o suffered. in hs his hops put him about the competition. in college those hops made him just another player. he never seemed to bulk up legs wise and gain a couple more vert inches like other players his type do. that made his js tough with a hand in his face and his put backs were blocked a good amount. he always boxed out well and did good things, but i think roscoe has to get his legs stronger at unlv if he wants to get to the next level.

Roscoe's problem is he wants to play the 3 and has no handle. Also he was a better 3pt shooter his freshman year than his sophomore year. I don't think he wanted to bulk up to be a pf.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Roscoe's problem is he wants to play the 3 and has no handle. Also he was a better 3pt shooter his freshman year than his sophomore year. I don't think he wanted to bulk up to be a pf.
im talking toe raises and calf exercises. i think he could have worked his legs out better and been a good 3. he lacked ups that rudy or stix had for example.

Reaction Score
im talking toe raises and calf exercises. i think he could have worked his legs out better and been a good 3. he lacked ups that rudy or stix had for example.

Agree

Reaction Score
Roscoe couldnt play the three cause he could not dribble not cause he wasn't athletic enough.

Kentan Facey is not a 3 i dont understand what you dont get? He is a 4 who could play 5 with added strength.

Reaction Score
Roscoe could play the three cause he could not dribble not cause he wasn't athletic enough.

Kentan Facey is not a 3 i dont understand what you dont get? He is a 4 who could play 5 with added strength.

Agreed with Facey but he certainly looks athletic enough to guard 3's..........he's raw and has another year of HS so who knows........

Either way roscoe couldn't play the 3 offensively because he wasn't explosive enough, he had no mid-range game and part of the reason for that is he had no handle whatsoever. Did a nice job defensively against some 3's but much like AO he didn't improve at all offensively over the summer.........maybe worst, both of them!

caw

Reaction Score
Roscoe could play the three cause he could not dribble not cause he wasn't athletic enough.

I think defensively Facey may be able to play the 3, not offensively (at all). Other than that, I agree. Roscoe also had suspect passing.

Reaction Score
Not sure I like the discussion of Roscoe with Facey. Not good Karma. Can we stay focused on Facey? Roscoe is playing on the moon right now as far as I'm concerned.

Reaction Score
Not sure I like the discussion of Roscoe with Facey. Not good Karma. Can we stay focused on Facey? Roscoe is playing on the moon right now as far as I'm concerned.

Agreed DONE

U

UCONNfan1

One thing that stood out to me (well several things did but...) was that he committed without JC on campus, and after being shown around by Ollie. A great indication of how great a recruiter/leader Ollie is. No JC? No problem. And Kudos to Herbst for taking the time to discuss the 1 year ban to a potential recruit. I'm very impressed with what the staff AND administration did in landing this kid.

U

UCONNfan1

He was scheduled to take an unofficial. Dozens of kids take unofficials. He was on SJU's radar but not a priority for 2013. I already mentioned the top priorities. If SJU misses on all of them, Facey might have become more important in the spring.
Then the SJU coaching staff is more inept than i thought. Apparenlty everyone else was more impressed with his performance the past few months where he blew up.

During the month of July, he also attracted interest and offers from the likes of Florida, Florida State, Louisville, Kansas State, Indiana, Texas and others.

And that's to go along with the 11 schools he was already looking at including UCLA, Memphis, Xavier and USC. My point is, if he wasn't high on the SJU staff's list of potential recruits, it was either because they knew he was UCONN bound, or because they aren't terribly bright.

Reaction Score
Then the SJU coaching staff is more inept than i thought. Apparenlty everyone else was more impressed with his performance the past few months where he blew up.

During the month of July, he also attracted interest and offers from the likes of Florida, Florida State, Louisville, Kansas State, Indiana, Texas and others.

And that's to go along with the 11 schools he was already looking at including UCLA, Memphis, Xavier and USC. My point is, if he wasn't high on the SJU staff's list of potential recruits, it was either because they knew he was UCONN bound, or because they aren't terribly bright.

That's pretty absurd to say SJU staff is not bright because they disnt do a full-court on Facey. SJU's frontcourt is a lot further along than Uconn's right now and doesnt have the immediate need to grab Facey. The kid blew up fast and has almost no offensive game right now. SJU already has Jakarr Sampson and Orlando Sanchez at his position and both are better. As I said, I've seen him a bit IMO he has a long way to go. Hes a lot like Kamari Murphy who sju also didnt push hard for, and i think Kamari's offensive game is better at the same point. He wasn't that high on SJU's recruiting list because he's not nearly as good as the ore prospects SJU has been pursuing period for this class, period. Don't shoot the messenger here.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
That's pretty absurd to say SJU staff is not bright because they disnt do a full-court on Facey. SJU's frontcourt is a lot further along than Uconn's right now and doesnt have the immediate need to grab Facey.
If they have good players there now, wouldn't they like to take a guy that they could develop and not need to play for 2 years? You wouldn't want a raw guy to come in and start from day 1.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Enough dude. You don't have to respond to every post. You came here to try to rain on our parade so don't expect everybody to thank you for your effort. So please stop.

Thank you for your interest in UConn Basketball, three-time National Champions.

Reaction Score
Enough dude. You don't have to respond to every post. You came here to try to rain on our parade so don't expect everybody to thank you for your effort. So please stop.

Thank you for your interest in UConn Basketball, three-time National Champions.

Not trying to rain on parade. Just giving opinion. Apologies. Enjoy.

U

UCONNfan1

That's pretty absurd to say SJU staff is not bright because they disnt do a full-court on Facey. SJU's frontcourt is a lot further along than Uconn's right now and doesnt have the immediate need to grab Facey. The kid blew up fast and has almost no offensive game right now. SJU already has Jakarr Sampson and Orlando Sanchez at his position and both are better. As I said, I've seen him a bit IMO he has a long way to go. Hes a lot like Kamari Murphy who sju also didnt push hard for, and i think Kamari's offensive game is better at the same point. He wasn't that high on SJU's recruiting list because he's not nearly as good as the ore prospects SJU has been pursuing period for this class, period. Don't shoot the messenger here.
Who's shooting the messenger? UCONN has been better than SJU for years and years and that trend doesn't look to be changing any time soon. Coaches routinely miss the boat on players - JC famously so on Ryan Gomes. Frankly I couldn't care less if SJU pursued him or not. He's a great kid and has a ton of upside and he's exploded lately based on his outstanding play and motor that won't stop.

I think the point UCONN fans keep making to you is to stop being a dick, coming over here acting like we got a future bench warmer. Time will tell how good this kid is and given the crap news UCONN dealt with for 2 years, it's fantastic for fans to continue to read one good news story after another.

Frankly I have no idea why you post over here in the first place. Go sell your crazy someplace else cuz we're all full up over here.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
I was tepid on the idea of Ollie being the head coach... I mean I wouldn't have been upset about it... but with the way he recruits I'm really starting to warm up to the idea.

I wonder what rule the powers that be at the NCAA are going to make up in order to retroactively punish UConn for not getting hurt that badly in recruiting by the sanctions.

Reaction Score
The thing about Ollie is his integrity, and the fact that he is a genuine, and ethical person... Who also came from the hood.

He knows basketball, and has the nba pedigree, but the comments from recruits continue to mention the mental impact he has on them. This is the direction I'd like our program to go.

He will build the family, and do it the right way. The trophy case will fill itself

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score

Why are you here in all honesty. We get it. SJU didn't want Facey though they did offer him, so I guess they wanted him more than you like to admit.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
when sju matters again we should all go over to where ever there board is(do they have 1?) and welcome them back to college basketball.

Reaction Score
The staff deserves high marks for landing a top 100 recruit while their aging head coach is recovering from hip surgery and his return is uncertain.​

Hopefully Facey is the one who breaks the ice and we end up with a talented 2013 class.

Reaction Score
Oooooooooh, @temery is gonna have a field day with you bro. Or was it @Fishy who excoriated those bringing threads back from the dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom