Ezi Magbegor | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Ezi Magbegor

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
I believe UCLA and Oregon were her other schools.
Both teams have Aussies in them.
The Ducks have two: Annelie Maley, a 6'2" freshman; and Morgan Yaeger, a 5'9" sophomore guard, who has been out all year with a back injury and likely will redshirt.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
We were in an Asian country recently. At lunch one day there in a restaurant were several very tall guys with Australia T-shirt’s. I talked with one of them. They were basically the Australian national/Olympic team on an Asian tour. I don’t know how it works for Australian women players, seems the same, but he said the men rarely play in college if they are good enough to turn pro out of high school.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Isn't Kristy Wallace for Baylor from Australia?
why.gif

Reaction Score
We were in an Asian country recently. At lunch one day there in a restaurant were several very tall guys with Australia T-shirt’s. I talked with one of them. They were basically the Australian national/Olympic team on an Asian tour. I don’t know how it works for Australian women players, seems the same, but he said the men rarely play in college if they are good enough to turn pro out of high school.

There is some truth to that, but many of the top Australian players did play college ball - mostly in the U.S. Among those who played for U.S. colleges are Andrew Bogut, Ben Simmons, Patty Mills, Matt Dellavedova, Luc Longley, Andrew Gaze, and Cameron Baarstow. And a number of others, such as Daniel Kickert and Brook Motum, were stars at U.S. colleges before returning to play pro ball in Australia. St. Mary's currently has six Australians on their roster, and they have had at least one - often more - on the roster for 18 consecutive years.

I don't count Kyrie Irving, but he was born in Australia and is a citizen of that country.

Reaction Score
There is some truth to that, but many of the top Australian players did play college ball - mostly in the U.S. Among those who played for U.S. colleges are Andrew Bogut, Ben Simmons, Patty Mills, Matt Dellavedova, Luc Longley, Andrew Gaze, and Cameron Baarstow. And a number of others, such as Daniel Kickert and Brook Motum, were stars at U.S. colleges before returning to play pro ball in Australia. St. Mary's currently has six Australians on their roster, and they have had at least one - often more - on the roster for 18 consecutive years.

I don't count Kyrie Irving, but he was born in Australia and is a citizen of that country.

hey careful there Kyrie is a West Orange NJ kid...............been there since he was two..............

Reaction Score
Ezi is NCAA eligible because she did not collect a salary while playing in a professional league.

Ezi has aspirations to be on the Australian Olympic Team. UCONN will help her do that.

Ezi will fit rather nicely with ONO. Ezi is more 5 than 4 and ONO is more 4 than 5 so having both player on the floor at the same time will work nicely. Don't forget if things had worked per the original plan ONO would have been sharing the floor with Charli Collier anyway.
and I believe Geno and CD will find a marvelous way to blend the 2 Talents so that they play together... a rather formidable 4 / 5 combination, with perhaps Danger, Meg, and CW...at least to start... would love to see that!!!!

Reaction Score
hey careful there Kyrie is a West Orange NJ kid.....been there since he was two....

Yep. That's why I said I didn't count him as Australian - even though he was born in Australia and is a citizen of that country. Obviously he has opted to play for the U.S. when it comes to international competition.

Reaction Score
That could be quite a line up after KLS, Pheesa, and Z graduate.
Yep... that's what I was going for.
Next season, the bench gets deeper and more ready to contribute with Kyla, Touly, Molly, MC, Lexi all with another season/summer of work (Meg presumably 5th starter) ...and the new freshmen coming in with such high accolades and likely to contribute in year one.

Reaction Score
Any of this sound familiar?
Megan Walker was going to Texas.
Christyn Williams was "scientifically" about 40 % chance of coming to UCONN.
ONO was not coming to UCONN if Charli Collier was still coming.
Ezi was an extremely long shot of coming to America.
UCONN needs to start looking at other 2019 post players like "Maori Davenport"
I am going to need you to be a tad more positive, no player has spent an entire freshmen year on UCONN's bench.
While I don't speculate on who will/will not become a Huskie, enjoy reading other's conversations. Often humorous. Coco-keep in mind that for every new player, there are likely 10 that either UConn passes on or passes on UConn. Reality is that most negative posts are right not because of any unique knowledge but because Geno has limited numbers of scholarships. Doesn't seem to be an issue - Geno seems to be doing OK :).

Reaction Score

Worked in Australia for several years and impression is that if players feel they can be top player they will go to college for professional growth and PR purposes. If focused on local pro league, simply stay in country or in some cases go to second tier leagues elsewhere. In any case, not sure comparing men and women's pro leagues is accurate.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
While I don't speculate on who will/will not become a Huskie, enjoy reading other's conversations. Often humorous. Coco-keep in mind that for every new player, there are likely 10 that either UConn passes on or passes on UConn. Reality is that most negative posts are right not because of any unique knowledge but because Geno has limited numbers of scholarships. Doesn't seem to be an issue - Geno seems to be doing OK :).
Agreed. This particular post though was a pointed good natured poke at @Charliebball who was of the believe that Ezi is not even coming to America much less UCONN. I enjoyed @Charliebball equally good natured response. Now if we can only get him off that gloom and doom scenario about "overuse" of the UCONN starters he'll be much happier. Head bang

Reaction Score
Agreed. This particular post though was a pointed good natured poke at @Charliebball who was of the believe that Ezi is not even coming to America much less UCONN. I enjoyed @Charliebball equally good natured response. Now if we can only get him off that gloom and doom scenario about "overuse" of the UCONN starters he'll be much happier. Head bang

yes it's really, really difficult to figure out what a recruit is going to do, mostly because they themselves don't know for sure...............still it's fun for some of us to do detective work..............I think we have a very good idea about who UConn is looking at right now but the current recruits seem to be doing a lot of traveling from school to school making it particularly difficult to get a grip on who they are leaning towards................as for my particular overuse phobia................unfortunately prescription drugs and therapy don't seem to be helping..................according to my shrink, the doom and gloom will lift with thirty seconds to go in the NC game with UConn up by fifteen points.............of course once that game is over I'll start worrying about any medical treatments/surgeries that might be needed before next season.........it's tough being me............;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom