Ezi Magbegor | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ezi Magbegor

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Ezi is NCAA eligible because she did not collect a salary while playing in a professional league.

Ezi has aspirations to be on the Australian Olympic Team. UCONN will help her do that.

Ezi will fit rather nicely with ONO. Ezi is more 5 than 4 and ONO is more 4 than 5 so having both player on the floor at the same time will work nicely. Don't forget if things had worked per the original plan ONO would have been sharing the floor with Charli Collier anyway.
This is a matter I have been p9ndering for a while. A few years ago I read a blurb from Geno that they didn't like to recruit two of the same kind of player, that that only created problems. So I've been wondering what the difference is between Ezi and ONO. If, Coco, you're right, and I have no reason to believe otherwise, this allays my concerns a bit.

But I still want Boston.

Reaction Score
My guy tells me Ezi won't be coming to Storrs but of course I want to be proven wrong.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Still waiting to hear about Ezi. Keep in mind that she will be WNBA eligible after 3 years at UConn (if she comes) based on her age. She also is pro-eligible in her home country of Australia at any time. In addition, she should be coming from 10,000 miles away. So Ezi could leave at any time and may not be a 4-year player. But the upside is that she is possibly the best 18 year-old female player in the world.

I think that Ezi can play alongside Liv. On the other hand, if we do get Ezi, that could be a deterrent to Boston. I would argue that Aliyah shouldn’t be concerned, because Ezi would be one year ahead of her and could leave after 3 years. Though it would make Australia a tougher opponent, I would love to see Ezi at UConn.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I’ve said before that UConn should make a package offer to entice Ezi, to include a full scholarship and a decision to change the UConn mascot from a Husky to a Dingo.

So everyone needs to start practicing:

UConn!
Dingoes!
UConn!
Dingoes!
Dingoes!
UConn..Woof!

Reaction Score
I seriously doubt this. He couldn’t have played in the NBA until his class graduated and the ABA didn’t sign an undergrad until 1969 (Spencer Haywood), the year Kareem graduated. Up to that point, the only option was the Globetrotters, a route taken by Wilt during his senior season. He continued to tour with the Trots in the summers for years. There is no way that Kareem, a very serious student, would have left a first class school to play fake basketball.

You missed the point---I believed, still do, it is better to opt out early than to take a chance on getting injured if you are a significant talent--if and injury is to happen let it happen when you are being paid.
If you are a serious student--you can always go back to school.
This is as I remember it at the time. If you were playing with Lew or you knew him personally ask him --if this is your impression-???.

Reaction Score
Ezi is NCAA eligible because she did not collect a salary while playing in a professional league.

Ezi has aspirations to be on the Australian Olympic Team. UCONN will help her do that.

Ezi will fit rather nicely with ONO. Ezi is more 5 than 4 and ONO is more 4 than 5 so having both player on the floor at the same time will work nicely. Don't forget if things had worked per the original plan ONO would have been sharing the floor with Charli Collier anyway.

Excellent reply, thanks. Now all Geno has to d is---recruit her and reel her in (I hope)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I’ve said before that UConn should make a package offer to entice Ezi, to include a full scholarship and a decision to change the UConn mascot from a Husky to a Dingo.

So everyone needs to start practicing:

UConn!
Dingoes!
UConn!
Dingoes!
Dingoes!
UConn..Woof!

Somebody has to do it:

Reaction Score
I seriously doubt this. He couldn’t have played in the NBA until his class graduated and the ABA didn’t sign an undergrad until 1969 (Spencer Haywood), the year Kareem graduated. Up to that point, the only option was the Globetrotters, a route taken by Wilt during his senior season. He continued to tour with the Trots in the summers for years. There is no way that Kareem, a very serious student, would have left a first class school to play fake basketball.

Do you insinuate that I prevaricate?

Do you have the audacity to doubt my veracity?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
This is a matter I have been p9ndering for a while. A few years ago I read a blurb from Geno that they didn't like to recruit two of the same kind of player, that that only created problems. So I've been wondering what the difference is between Ezi and ONO. If, Coco, you're right, and I have no reason to believe otherwise, this allays my concerns a bit.
But I still want Boston.
No doubt, I want Boston at UCONN also. I don't think UCONN having Ezi will cost UCONN Boston.
At the start of the 2019-20 season UCONN could have 4 or 5 post players on the roster. Ezi, ONO, Boston, Irwin, & Camara-entirely manageable because 2 of the 5 will be seniors.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I've spent considerable time at the University of West GA working with the fraternity and sorority system there (yes, totally bizarre, I agree.....), but UConn has a very similar campus and feel, although yes, far away. If she has visited there and felt at home, I can see UConn feeling similar. Especially compared to other high caliber programs.... Just saying.

Hey, any straw in the wind

Reaction Score
Don't forget that Amihere from Canada is also fairly similar in skills and build as Ezi peezy and Ono.As to what Gus said about Geno and the way he doesn't like to recruit similar players,i agree in most situations,but an exception would certainly be made here. Good luck to any opponent who dreams of getting a shot off within 15 feet.Lets throw Boston in there with them.She too is a world class glass cleaner and shot blocker.

Reaction Score
No doubt, I want Boston at UCONN also. I don't think UCONN having Ezi will cost UCONN Boston.
At the start of the 2019-20 season UCONN could have 4 or 5 post players on the roster. Ezi, ONO, Boston, Irwin, & Camara-entirely manageable because 2 of the 5 will be seniors.
With Baylor, TX, etc. evolving to two BIG players in starting lineup, having talented 4's and 5's on UConn gives them more flexibility.

Reaction Score

Good assessment. Since Geno schedules a home game for all seniors, could make for an interesting UConn trip.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
magbegor is more likely to be apart of the 2024 Olympics.
I don't think she'll push out Cambage or Tolo from the centre spot in just 2 years time.
I disagree, two years at UCONN for Ezi is enough to get her a spot on the 2020 team. Look what 2 years did for Kia Nurse.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I would love to see her at UConn. But one of the implications of the pro vs. college choice is that she might try the college route but then after one or two years change her mind and go pro. I would hope that she and her parents would feel like she should get a college education; maybe I'm all wet.

Here's a question: If she were to come, how does that affect ONO?
"Splash"....:)

Reaction Score
Don't forget that Amihere from Canada is also fairly similar in skills and build as Ezi peezy and Ono.As to what Gus said about Geno and the way he doesn't like to recruit similar players,i agree in most situations,but an exception would certainly be made here. Good luck to any opponent who dreams of getting a shot off within 15 feet.Lets throw Boston in there with them.She too is a world class glass cleaner and shot blocker.

Amihere has more bounce to her game, and can dibble the ball a little better then Ezi, so she’s more of a 4 then a 5. If Uconn brings in Ezi to go along with Liv, you would think someone out of Amihere, Boston, or Sam would look elsewhere since that would give Uconn 7 players for 2 spots, not to mention they are looking at other post in the 2020 class.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom