Ezi Magbegor

Discussion in 'UConn Women's Basketball' started by RockyMTblue2, Jan 26, 2018.

1. jonson

jonson Oregonian

The Ducks have two: Annelie Maley, a 6'2" freshman; and Morgan Yaeger, a 5'9" sophomore guard, who has been out all year with a back injury and likely will redshirt.

2. Charliebball

Charliebball

Will do!!!!

oldude likes this.
  3. Go/huskies

Go/huskies

I wonder if Ezi will make the Jordan Brand Classic game, and play if she is picked.

jaundicedeye, JordyG and CocoHusky like this.
  4. CocoHusky

CocoHusky

That would be a good look for both Ezi and UCONN since Maya is the host.

jaundicedeye, Go/huskies and JordyG like this.
  5. JordyG

JordyG

I'm there no matter what. But man, that would be the sweetest icing.

6. cohenzone

cohenzone Old Member

We were in an Asian country recently. At lunch one day there in a restaurant were several very tall guys with Australia T-shirt’s. I talked with one of them. They were basically the Australian national/Olympic team on an Asian tour. I don’t know how it works for Australian women players, seems the same, but he said the men rarely play in college if they are good enough to turn pro out of high school.

7. MilfordHusky

MilfordHusky Voice of Reason

What's the date, my friend?

JordyG likes this.
  8. JordyG

JordyG

I'll let you know. The dates haven't been announced yet.

MilfordHusky likes this.
  9. LasVegasYank

LasVegasYank Never pay retail for anything.

If she doesn't come to UConn, it won't be the end of the world. Head bangHead bangHead bangHead bang

pacific 44 likes this.
  10. HoopsFan21

HoopsFan21

Isn't Kristy Wallace for Baylor from Australia?

11. Ozzie1986

Ozzie1986

Yes, Wallace is an Aussie.
    About 75 Australian women in NCAA D1 basketball.

jaundicedeye likes this.
  12. CocoHusky

CocoHusky

why.gif

13. RockyMTblue2

RockyMTblue2 Don't Look Up!

Relax, @CocoHusky You will like this interview and game photage of Ezi as Rookie of the Year. Photage! I like it.

JordyG, Go/huskies and CocoHusky like this.
  14. stamfordhusky

stamfordhusky

There is some truth to that, but many of the top Australian players did play college ball - mostly in the U.S. Among those who played for U.S. colleges are Andrew Bogut, Ben Simmons, Patty Mills, Matt Dellavedova, Luc Longley, Andrew Gaze, and Cameron Baarstow. And a number of others, such as Daniel Kickert and Brook Motum, were stars at U.S. colleges before returning to play pro ball in Australia. St. Mary's currently has six Australians on their roster, and they have had at least one - often more - on the roster for 18 consecutive years.

I don't count Kyrie Irving, but he was born in Australia and is a citizen of that country.

jaundicedeye and CocoHusky like this.
  15. Charliebball

Charliebball

hey careful there Kyrie is a West Orange NJ kid.....been there since he was two....

16. eebmg

eebmg

I don't know. Around the 2 minute mark, Ezi blows by our Ono.

17. PAHuskeyFan

PAHuskeyFan

and I believe Geno and CD will find a marvelous way to blend the 2 Talents so that they play together... a rather formidable 4 / 5 combination, with perhaps Danger, Meg, and CW...at least to start... would love to see that!!!!

CocoHusky and jaundicedeye like this.
  18. DEpup

DEpup

That could be quite a line up after KLS, Pheesa, and Z graduate.

jaundicedeye likes this.
  19. stamfordhusky

stamfordhusky

Yep. That's why I said I didn't count him as Australian - even though he was born in Australia and is a citizen of that country. Obviously he has opted to play for the U.S. when it comes to international competition.

mag 7 and Charliebball like this.
  20. PAHuskeyFan

PAHuskeyFan

Yep... that's what I was going for.
    Next season, the bench gets deeper and more ready to contribute with Kyla, Touly, Molly, MC, Lexi all with another season/summer of work (Meg presumably 5th starter) ...and the new freshmen coming in with such high accolades and likely to contribute in year one.

21. pacific 44

pacific 44

There are quite a few videos where Ono blows by Ezi also.They will make for some great practice battles during their four years as teammates.

Go/huskies, jaundicedeye and oldude like this.
  22. HopJim

HopJim

While I don't speculate on who will/will not become a Huskie, enjoy reading other's conversations. Often humorous. Coco-keep in mind that for every new player, there are likely 10 that either UConn passes on or passes on UConn. Reality is that most negative posts are right not because of any unique knowledge but because Geno has limited numbers of scholarships. Doesn't seem to be an issue - Geno seems to be doing OK :).

CocoHusky likes this.
  23. HopJim

HopJim

Worked in Australia for several years and impression is that if players feel they can be top player they will go to college for professional growth and PR purposes. If focused on local pro league, simply stay in country or in some cases go to second tier leagues elsewhere. In any case, not sure comparing men and women's pro leagues is accurate.

24. CocoHusky

CocoHusky

Agreed. This particular post though was a pointed good natured poke at @Charliebball who was of the believe that Ezi is not even coming to America much less UCONN. I enjoyed @Charliebball equally good natured response. Now if we can only get him off that gloom and doom scenario about "overuse" of the UCONN starters he'll be much happier. Head bang

JAMBall and JordyG like this.
  25. Charliebball

Charliebball

yes it's really, really difficult to figure out what a recruit is going to do, mostly because they themselves don't know for sure.....still it's fun for some of us to do detective work....I think we have a very good idea about who UConn is looking at right now but the current recruits seem to be doing a lot of traveling from school to school making it particularly difficult to get a grip on who they are leaning towards......as for my particular overuse phobia......unfortunately prescription drugs and therapy don't seem to be helping...according to my shrink, the doom and gloom will lift with thirty seconds to go in the NC game with UConn up by fifteen points...of course once that game is over I'll start worrying about any medical treatments/surgeries that might be needed before next season....it's tough being me..;)

JAMBall, JordyG and CocoHusky like this.