Ezi Magbegor | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Ezi Magbegor

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
As you should.

giphy.gif
And we all know how all of that ended don't we?

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score

If UCONN could pull a Texas or Baylor and successfully recruit 4 or 5 >6'4" posts, it would be great. At least two should pan out. Getting only one is getting iffy. Not many sure things like Stewart.

Reaction Score
England and basketball??? The next kid from England who plays top notch D1 Hoop with be the first...they tend to use their feet more...:rolleyes:
This is destiny..Jon Samuelson played professionally in England. KLS mom is from England. So in a pinch, one could say UConn has a player with English DNA.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
This is destiny..Jon Samuelson played professionally in England. KLS mom is from England. So in a pinch, one could say UConn has a player with English DNA.
Ok, I will sort of agree as KLS is my fav...but you know my point!!!! :)

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
England and basketball??? The next kid from England who plays top notch D1 Hoop with be the first...they tend to use their feet more...:rolleyes:

Men's not women's hoops, but Matthew Bryan-Amaning (Washington) and John Amaechi (Vandy and Penn St.) were both better than average college players who had pro careers. What do I win?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
If UCONN could pull a Texas or Baylor and successfully recruit 4 or 5 >6'4" posts, it would be great. At least two should pan out. Getting only one is getting iffy. Not many sure things like Stewart.

I so wanna agree ... but truth is, and those southern conferences don't get this, unless atypical, archityple big is really, really, really good .... she just gets in the way in the modern game. Put two of them together, and have at least one be more athletic, well yeah, you can work with that. But it is a rare thing.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Maybe she'll be Thunderstruck. Heaven knows It's A Long Way To The Top. Hope the team can Shoot To Thrill. She can look up on the walls and see Who Made Who.
I am in awe :)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
A couple of canolis with the Auriemmas and she's ours. Hopefully that game against USF looks a lot like some of the ones from last season rather than a low energy clunker.
We have Nonna, and they don’t. :D

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
I so wanna agree ... but truth is, and those southern conferences don't get this, unless atypical, archityple big is really, really, really good .... she just gets in the way in the modern game. Put two of them together, and have at least one be more athletic, well yeah, you can work with that. But it is a rare thing.

Almost got Collier and Ono. That would have made me most happy!

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Magbegor left Australia on Thursday to visit the University of California, Los Angeles, and the University of Connecticut, just days after returning from an Australian Opals camp in Italy.

Capitals coach Paul Goriss says he is "crossing every part of my entire body" in the hope the WNBL rookie of the year returns to Canberra next season.

"When [Magbegor] comes back she'll make a decision on whether she chooses to go to USA college or stays and plays WNBL," Goriss said.

"I am crossing every part of my entire body [in the hope she stays]. I spoke to her before she left and she's got to do what she needs to do.

"Obviously I think the WNBL is a better fit for her after her season and for the Opals, but it's her choice and her decision. She's got to decide what's best for her future.

Magbegor did her Commonwealth Games chances no harm at the camp with Goriss saying she was "fantastic" in maintaining the fearless approach she took into her rookie WNBL season.

"She went in there with little expectation as the rookie or the 18-year-old," Goriss said.

"One of the girls made the comment, I think it was Jenna O'Hea, that Ezi was the best person at practice for the first two days, she stood out.

WNBL: Canberra Capitals rising star Eziyoda Magbegor weighing up her future

Reaction Score
Magbegor left Australia on Thursday to visit the University of California, Los Angeles, and the University of Connecticut, just days after returning from an Australian Opals camp in Italy.

Capitals coach Paul Goriss says he is "crossing every part of my entire body" in the hope the WNBL rookie of the year returns to Canberra next season.

"When [Magbegor] comes back she'll make a decision on whether she chooses to go to USA college or stays and plays WNBL," Goriss said.

"I am crossing every part of my entire body [in the hope she stays]. I spoke to her before she left and she's got to do what she needs to do.

"Obviously I think the WNBL is a better fit for her after her season and for the Opals, but it's her choice and her decision. She's got to decide what's best for her future.

Magbegor did her Commonwealth Games chances no harm at the camp with Goriss saying she was "fantastic" in maintaining the fearless approach she took into her rookie WNBL season.

"She went in there with little expectation as the rookie or the 18-year-old," Goriss said.

"One of the girls made the comment, I think it was Jenna O'Hea, that Ezi was the best person at practice for the first two days, she stood out.

WNBL: Canberra Capitals rising star Eziyoda Magbegor weighing up her future
I got two things from your post. First, it seems that based on the upcoming visits, she's down to two US colleges: UCLA and Uconn. Second, "she's got to do what she needs to do" indicates she's strongly considering coming to the U.S. for college. There is certainly hope she'll come to Uconn.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom