Ezi Magbegor and Assorted Topic Drifts | Page 20 | The Boneyard

Ezi Magbegor and Assorted Topic Drifts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
the first day of practice next season
This sounds right to me. It's a long way from Australia to Storrs, and a long time from now until the start of practice next year. I'll believe this kid is coming when she starts practice (not when she gets here, which, as we recall with EDD, is a different thing). I'll believe she's all that when I see how she stacks up against solid college talent.

Okay, she's an athlete. Let's see if she's a basketball player as defined by Geno, whose opinion is the only one that counts.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
So is Ezi. She lived there until her family moved to Australia when she was 6.
Yes, Ezi is originally from N.Z., but has been in Australia for some time and plays on their national team.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
This sounds right to me. It's a long way from Australia to Storrs, and a long time from now until the start of practice next year. I'll believe this kid is coming when she starts practice (not when she gets here, which, as we recall with EDD, is a different thing). I'll believe she's all that when I see how she stacks up against solid college talent.

Okay, she's an athlete. Let's see if she's a basketball player as defined by Geno, whose opinion is the only one that counts.
I watched her play in the FIBA games and she was one of the best players on the court. In fact I was hoping then that UCONN would be interested in her.

Reaction Score
and now for something totally different............if you are a retiring basketball player in New Zealand look what you might get:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
and now for something totally different..if you are a retiring basketball player in New Zealand look what you might get:

giphy.gif

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
and now for something totally different..if you are a retiring basketball player in New Zealand look what you might get:

There rugby team scares everyone before every game with that!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
There rugby team scares everyone before every game with that!
That would be the New Zealand All-Blacks, which is not meant to be politically incorrect. It is the color of their uniforms.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Is there any corroboration that Magbegor is joining Connecticut? Kind of strange silence regarding a high-profile international player. ESPN? Anyone? Hope it's true.

If only we can start a thread about this

Do we really have a shot with Brink, given that she's right there in Oregon and a hometown girl for the up-and-coming Oregon program? Is that realistic? Not disputing that we want her to come to Connecticut.

This is a picture of Cameron in Geno's office. She is coming to UCONN.
Cameron and Geno.jpg

clip_image001.jpg

What would the effect on recruiting bigs be if we ended up with two post players- Magbegor and Nelson-Ododa next year? Would Boston or Amihere want to come if our front court were already set, so to speak? I doubt that it would have an effect on Brunelle's thinking, since she could be a KLS-style forward/guard.

Next year is already here. Ezi and ONO will be suiting up for UCONN this fall. Don’t see both Boston and Amihere coming to UCONN with Ezi and ONO both on board. Brunelle is no KLS, if she decides to come to UCONN great. Editorial comment: This poster also once opined that KLS was no KML and was glad to be proven wrong. Personally, I’d rather have Haley Jones at UCONN ahead of Brunelle Note: See prior editorial comment.
The UCONN 2019 recruiting class needs to be larger (3-5) and impactful because UCONN will be losing 2 AA (potentially 3) to graduation in 2018.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Many years ago, I used to play for a pretty good rugby club in NYC called the Old Blue. We used to wear the same all black uniforms as the All-Blacks. Unfortunately, we never learned to do the Maori warrior dance.

Reaction Score
Many years ago, I used to play for a pretty good rugby club in NYC called the Old Blue. We used to wear the same all black uniforms as the All-Blacks. Unfortunately, we never learned to do the Maori warrior dance.

I'm practicing the dance in my college rugby jersey right now!!!!..........:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Ezi is a very impressive, polished and well spoken young lady for sure who appears, like CW, to be looking to be "Legendary."
Would love to see Ezi commit to UConn but have not viewed any videos of her playing at "Legendary" level. I know she plays in a pro league but appears currently to be a good, not great player, against good, not great opposition. Anyone have evidence of superior skills?

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Would love to see Ezi commit to UConn but have not viewed any videos of her playing at "Legendary" level. I know she plays in a pro league but appears currently to be a good, not great player, against good, not great opposition. Anyone have evidence of superior skills?
Well, Geno and staff recruited her. Good enough for me. Head bang :rolleyes:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
In this game from 2016 FIBA U17 Ezi is matched up against ONO and was the tournament MVP.

Reaction Score
You can watch international basketball in the youth categories where she is playing against players in her age group that we are aware of and what jumps out at you is athleticism. Look what combining athleticism and the coaching staff did for Gabby.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

Brondello calls her the future of the Opals and she coached Seattle and now coaches the Opals, the Aussie nat'l team. She was MVP of FEMA U-17s last summer and there is olenty of stuff on it, including video in this thread. She has as much a chance of being "legendary" as CW.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
wow..... this one almost gets out of hand

There is a documentary on Netflix about a teenage preparing to be asked to a Blacks camp/try out I believe. Saw it a while back, but they keep weeding their inventory. Very well done, taking you inside the Maori culture and how the pride drives the Blacks. Gotta split, but if I find it later today I'll pass on more info.

Postscript: That documentary is gone. There is one about Samoa and other pacific island nations getting into Int'l Rugby which looks interesting. "Pacific Warriors".

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
So you're "Deep Throat"?
You have to look at the whole picture and also add in some creative body language. Over Cameron's sholder are the NC trophies and Geno just got done telling her that his office can clearly be extended across the hall to make room for more trophies especially since Kevin's office is currently unoccupied. Also if you look out the window that is the Huskies Wall of honor and you can clearly make out Bria Hartley's name and number. That pitch was easy also: Brink #42 will some day be on that wall. She is coming to UCONN it is her destiny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom