Ezi Magbegor and Assorted Topic Drifts | Page 22 | The Boneyard

Ezi Magbegor and Assorted Topic Drifts

Status
Not open for further replies.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
[QUOTE="RockyMTblue2,

ROCK - Wow -- that video was really something VERY special. Thank you. Does anyone know who won?? Score?[/QUOTE]
New Zealand won 62-13.

Reaction Score
This is a picture of Cameron in Geno's office. She is coming to UCONN.
View attachment 29403
clip_image001.jpg

Next year is already here. Ezi and ONO will be suiting up for UCONN this fall. Don’t see both Boston and Amihere coming to UCONN with Ezi and ONO both on board. Brunelle is no KLS, if she decides to come to UCONN great. Editorial comment: This poster also once opined that KLS was no KML and was glad to be proven wrong. Personally, I’d rather have Haley Jones at UCONN ahead of Brunelle Note: See prior editorial comment.
The UCONN 2019 recruiting class needs to be larger (3-5) and impactful because UCONN will be losing 2 AA (potentially 3) to graduation in 2018.

I don't recall the post. But I will say that KLS is perhaps the most dramatically improved player I've ever seen at Connecticut. She was a stationary three-point pusher when she arrived. And missed a lot early on. Now she is a tremendous multi-dimensional player with inside skills, defensive skills, tremendous passing ability, and unrelenting intensity, not to mention the best outside shot in the nation. I don't believe I've seen an excellent player come to UConn and improve so incredibly as has she. She is far beyond what KML ever was, though KML was a brilliant outside shooter- one of the best ever.

Never thought KLS would find herself on the cusp of possibly being chosen NPOY. Breathtaking!

So just to follow up, has there been an actual announcement anywhere on Magbegor? Was it just the comment by a fellow player in an Aussie paper, or did her team make an announcement? Sorry for being slow on the uptake!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Another advantage for tall pitchers is they have longer levers to put the ball in motion. That it takes more time on average to put longer levers into motion does not matter since the small amount of additional time it takes to deliver a pitch is not of concern.

When I have a minor arm injury (as now) I play tennis with a different racquet which generates less vibration on off-center hits. It's also an inch longer than my regular racquet. That additional length makes a significant difference in the racquet head speed I can generate on serves and gives me a more penetrating serve. However, I'm a serve-and-volley player and the additional reach doesn't quite compensate for the additional moment it takes to get the racquet in place to volley hard-hit balls accurately.
Correct, all correct. With pitchers it's all about release point and where the batter picks up the ball. With such a high release point hitters feel as if the ball is rolling downhill toward them. I however have seen smaller pitchers whose release point is so difficult to pick up that although they get to plate at only about 86 to 87 mph, to the batter it looks more like 100. Tall pitchers also seem to put more action on the ball. One of their disadvantages is because they generally don't have compact motions base runners get larger leads and have more success stealing bases. Tall pitchers also generally have slower motions to first.

In tennis the best players toss and meet the ball on serve the same way every time. Serve then becomes about years of repetition. I've seen players that generate incredible racquet speed, but because of the inconsistency of their toss and placement could never get their best serve in play. I've also seen players that generate far less racquet speed, but because of their short, consistent toss the ball gets on top of the player very quickly. I've always felt for those high toss servers on a windy day.

Last edited:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
[QUOTE="RockyMTblue2,

ROCK - Wow -- that video was really something VERY special. Thank you. Does anyone know who won?? Score?[/QUOTE]
One guy online said the French should have done their Can-Can dance in response. FOTFLOL.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Amihere!
BTW, I’m hearing that Laeticia likes Kia Nurse and UConn. I don’t know if she has an offer or not. Some people think she would be redundant if we got Ezi, but I want both. Catchings played with Holdsclaw. Geno will figure it out.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Compare and contrast:

My family lived in N Zed for two years
if you were a sports fan, options were limited
Rugby in the winter
Cricket in the summer
and to a lessor extent, that absolutely miserable perversion of woman's BB
known as net-ball (pronounced nit-ball).

As our interest in Rugby expanded; especially with regard the National All-Black team, our knowledge of the Haka increased; indeed, our kids were taught to perform it in school.

A fearful and stimulating outcry.

Reaction Score
And the Band played on.
Sounds like an HBO movie title...

Hard to believe that after 2 days, no one can find out squat.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
BTW, I’m hearing that Laeticia likes Kia Nurse and UConn. I don’t know if she has an offer or not. Some people think she would be redundant if we got Ezi, but I want both. Catchings played with Holdsclaw. Geno will figure it out.
I’m like you. You can never have enough talent. I would also remind everyone that when UConn played in Toronto for Kia’s homecoming game, Geno confirmed that the Huskies were recruiting a couple Canadian players. That statement, plus the fact that UConn is one of the schools listed on Amihere’s Hoopgurlz profile lead me to believe there is a strong interest there.

Reaction Score
I know Belibi is a dunker. Who is Kuier?

Awak Kuier 6'6 from Finland, born 2001.
She 2 hand dunked it at the basketball without borders camp. You don't see her very often because Finland is a division B team in Europe. Averaged 17 points, 12 rebounds, 5 blocks at last years u16 euros DivB.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Awak Kuier 6'6 from Finland, born 2001.
She 2 hand dunked it at the basketball without borders camp. You don't see her very often because Finland is a division B team in Europe. Averaged 17 points, 12 rebounds, 5 blocks at last years u16 euros DivB.
Thanks!

Reaction Score
most exciting future recruit: 2 x (44,6) chromosomes about to be fertilized from two professional basketball players. I think she starts in 2037 ahead of the 2 x (44,6) chromosome egg fertilized yesterday from one professional basketball player and one professional backgammon player. Just sayin'....

Reaction Score
So, obviously the team can't do a "road trip game" to the land down under for Ezi's senior year, will they travel there in the summer instead of to Europe? It will be winter, though...

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Not to be picky, ok, maybe I am being picky, but isn't there a thread or two on potential UConn recruits? I was just wondering because this Ezi thread has swerved into a thread about quite a few other potential UConn recruits or kids that the poster thinks that UConn should be recruiting.

I know there is no news on Ezi, and probably won't be any news until April 11, but sheesh, this thread is up to 22 pages and just keeps growing with stuff not pertaining to Ezi. Maybe a thread can be created for each of the already, and soon to be, mentioned kids that may or may not be interested in committing to UConn this year or in a future year????? I do come here to see stuff about Ezi (I know, there will be no news before April 11, but even so...) but have to wade through post after post that is about these other kids.

Reaction Score
I agree. after I accumulate my first million, I'm going for redundancy. Actually these kids are similar in a number of ways but not redundant. Amihere, I think, is much more a leaper. She has hops like Gabby. She not only dunks, but dunks with ease. Ezi may have more polished skills, footwork, etc. They are redundant like two different Shakespeare sonnets. Geno will be able to suffer through it.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
So, obviously the team can't do a "road trip game" to the land down under for Ezi's senior year, will they travel there in the summer instead of to Europe? It will be winter, though...
images

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
will it be 40,000 views before we hear something definite? 50,000?
Not to be picky, ok, maybe I am being picky, but isn't there a thread or two on potential UConn recruits? I was just wondering because this Ezi thread has swerved into a thread about quite a few other potential UConn recruits or kids that the poster thinks that UConn should be recruiting.

I know there is no news on Ezi, and probably won't be any news until April 11, but sheesh, this thread is up to 22 pages and just keeps growing with stuff not pertaining to Ezi. Maybe a thread can be created for each of the already, and soon to be, mentioned kids that may or may not be interested in committing to UConn this year or in a future year????? I do come here to see stuff about Ezi (I know, there will be no news before April 11, but even so...) but have to wade through post after post that is about these other kids.
Sound like you want the BY threads to stay on topic in this case talk about Ezi...
2-Best-Of-Luck-Meme.jpg

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I take it Mr. Helmers has not e-mailed or tweeted back to anyone seeking clarification....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom