Excellent Football Meeting | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Excellent Football Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
For what it is worth I also attended the focus group meeting on Thursday as one of a small number of invited guests. Although I do not know which one of the other guests was chief I do have a pretty good idea. I can tell you that Chief gave an accurate report on the topics discussed and on information that was divulged to us. You should appreciate getting info from him because you certainly would not get it from me.
I have a couple of question about this focus group meeting to steer away from the pissing match:
What was the make up of the focus group; % of students, age and gender breakdown, distribution from around the state, donors vs non-donors, etc.?
Who was running it? Was it an internal AD process or did they bring in someone from outside skilled in this type of process?

Reaction Score
Bottom line... @Chief00 ...your key points about season tickets and start times are weak...if you are going to start a thread with "scoop" you gotta do better than this. We expect more. Don't disappoint us.
This is all i was saying. I don't know that I lobbed any personal insults like @CL82 is implying. If there is an important or interesting tidbit that can be shared great if not why seek attention?

Reaction Score
What casual fans want to know is if Chief hung out with Drummond after the meeting? Conf__med

Reaction Score
So you knew the games were going to be at 1:00 and 3:30?
You also knew half of seasons tickets did not get scanned in 2019?
True, the truly exciting stuff that we hope to make real is still under wraps as it’s being developed and fine tuned.
But, that’s not unlike my experience in business.
Chief if the fans don't want to listen to your posts why don't they just skip reading it?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This is all i was saying. I don't know that I lobbed any personal insults like @CL82 is implying. If there is an important or interesting tidbit that can be shared great if not why seek attention?
If you read the post and don’t find anything interesting in it, move onto the next one. The rest of us really don’t need to know if it was disappointing to you. Isn’t that even worse “attention seeking“ since it isn’t even trying to offer additional information? That’s not aimed at you specifically, just a general comment.

C

Chief00

Chief if the fans don't want to listen to your posts why don't they just skip reading it?
You are on to something - As Stephen Covey says “you can’t talk your way out of something you behaved yourself into.” Thats what these dudes do on every one of my posts. They talk how much they hate it and how the thread should be banned - but their behavior is reading them.

Reaction Score
Uh Chief...you had a small slip there....it was almost jarring to hear you reference "my posts"....and not "Chief's posts" in that last post.

As method acting preaches...you have to stay in character. LOL

CL82

Reaction Score
Uh Chief...you had a small slip there....it was almost jarring to hear you reference "my posts"....and not "Chief's posts" in that last post.

Again, as a guest on the board, probably best not to attack well-established posters. It’s an Internet etiquette thing.

Reaction Score
There are Duke-sniffing refs in the ACC who go apoplectic if there is a hand check or slight body touch to the annointed conference team of royalty. They whistle and gyrate and look for the camera. TV Ted is among the worst. He becomes the game.

I would like Buddy as a ref I think. He understands a gentle elbow (and can give the same)...

C

Chief00

My refers to Chief - and that’s fine

Reaction Score
My refers to Chief - and that’s fine

Sure it is...it is normal english usage..."my" refers to oneself in the first person. That is the way most people communicate.

I was kidding you about your slip up in not using your usual third person reference to self...That's all.

Last edited:

CL82

Reaction Score
Oh quit sniveling...a gentle tease without any malice at all.

Hardly an attack.

You come running out to the end of your chain snarling and slobbering.
Lol, I love your strategic use of the reply function. It seems like when you want to take a swipe at someone you are inclined to do it behind their back. Interesting. Kind of goes back to the character issues we discussed earlier.

Reaction Score
Lol, I love your strategic use of the reply function. It seems like when you want to take a swipe at someone you are inclined to do it behind their back. Interesting. Kind of goes back to the character issues we discussed earlier.
For someone who professes a want for less clutter on this board you do an awful lot of cluttering.

Reaction Score
If you read the post and don’t find anything interesting in it, move onto the next one. The rest of us really don’t need to know if it was disappointing to you. Isn’t that even worse “attention seeking“ since it isn’t even trying to offer additional information? That’s not aimed at you specifically, just a general comment.
Fair enough, likewise, if my post is not to YOUR liking, move on to the next one.

C

Chief00

Whether it’s students, alumni, anyone... the games themselves can’t be wretched to watch. Different set of issues there.

For students... it’s 2020, they need reliable in-stadium internet for messaging and social media. The inside of the stadium needs to be a party that they want to attend and socialize at. Tricky, since they have other options with fewer restrictions without having to get on a bus.

Also, bribery. At the start of each 4th quarter, Chief should have a $1k giveaway.

There has been no improvement in cellular or internet infrastructure, if anyone notices any improvement the last few years its due to less users. Another example of CRDA’s poor management and our tax dollars going to their bloated salaries not improvements.

Reaction Score
Disagree. The tendency of a few posters to act like mean middle school girls, however, made the board and readable for a while. Don’t like the guy? Don’t read his posts, but let the rest of us make our own decisions. Acting like toddlers having a tantrum and crapping up every thread the guy posing is what makes the board unreadable.

That’s your 3rd post in a row saying the exact same thing. Ironic that you’ve appointed yourself the one to tell everyone what’s relevant, thread worthy, postable no?

Reaction Score

Wow. 4th post in a row with nothing new to add

Reaction Score
I have a couple of question about this focus group meeting to steer away from the pissing match:
What was the make up of the focus group; % of students, age and gender breakdown, distribution from around the state, donors vs non-donors, etc.?
Who was running it? Was it an internal AD process or did they bring in someone from outside skilled in this type of process?
Now I wish I had gone. To your question, A week or so before the Houston hoop game I recd an invitation to the focus group to talk about the football experience. Being a relative nobody (a season tix holder and donor, although not a significant one), I assumed it went out to a large swath since the email started with to : “Husky Football Donors and Season Ticket Holders”. It was from the foundation.
As an aside, and at the risk of adding to the ridiculousness of this thread... if I went to that event, and posted about it using the initial language, I would absolutely know I was being “artful” in my attempt to present this as something it was not.

C

Chief00

Wow. 4th post in a row with nothing new to add
The problem is @billybud unwittingly argues against himself. He spends countless posts arguing that he shouldn’t be reading what he reads and elects to write further about what he shouldn’t be reading. The dogs aren’t eating the dog food and his ratio of messages to likes is about 5 to 2. Not getting a good reception. @CL82 isn’t defended me as much as sending billybud a lifeline from hanging himself as a poster and saving other posters from reading his nonsense.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA