Excellent Football Meeting | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Excellent Football Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Chief...The Courant has published the scan numbers vs "allocated ticket" numbers....it has been in the public realm a year.

To look at some scanned numbers vs allocated ticket numbers by individual game and the season...scroll through link...

It is no new information that scanned butts in seats are half of sold/allocated tickets.
Honestly, why does it matter to you one way or the other?

CL82

Reaction Score
I don't mind...I get it that you have been Chief's second in these ongoing discussions...

But...I am no guest. I am a member of this board. Yes...I am not a UConn fan...and no...I am not an opponent's fan

I am a sports fan and have discussed UConn sports for some years on this board...I am not negative.

But, Chief is a big boy on the playground....if he wants to run his shtick, he should expect a little parody...We are of the SNL generation.

And I don't call people names.
Fair enough, and if you want to be snarky to another poster, it’s probably fair game that you get called out on it, right?

For what it’s worth, I don’t know if calling me “chiefs second“ makes a whole lot of sense. I’m not a big fan of what happens to the board when posters start attacking other posters personally rather than discussing their posts on the merits.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Fair enough, and if you want to be snarky to another poster, it’s probably fair game that you get called out on it, right?

For what it’s worth, I don’t know if calling me “chiefs second“ makes a whole lot of sense. I’m not a big fan of what happens to the board when posters start attacking other posters personally rather than discussing their posts on the merits.
I think you left out a big point. "Being snarky" is one thing. Let's face it, we all do it one time or another. Doing it because it is one specific poster, and no other reason? That is a different level. even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Reaction Score

Come on man. Cut the crap. I don’t know what your connection to the dude is but this constant defending is off.
I now refrain from piling on Chief cause I think there may be something wrong with him.
It was nice when Fishy jumped in and squashed the nonsense. I think it’s time for that again.
And if he doesn’t, Chief, find a way to get your message across without alienating 80% of the fan base. You sound like a child.

Last edited:

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Bottom line... @Chief00 ...your key points about season tickets and start times are weak...if you are going to start a thread with "scoop" you gotta do better than this. We expect more. Don't disappoint us.

C

Chief00

Bottom line... @Chief00 ...your key points about season tickets and start times are weak...if you are going to start a thread with "scoop" you gotta do better than this. We expect more. Don't disappoint us.
Again, it’s a start of a group effort with UConn then having to deal with CRDA - so it’s premature to report on results - but wanted people to know it’s being worked on. I mentioned the season ticket scan not as a scoop but as a sobering reality of the magnitude of the problem, even with the most loyal fans.
I do like the knowledge of game times more than 2 weeks out. It helps for planning purposes and inviting casual fans.

CL82

Reaction Score
Come on man. Cut the crap. I don’t know what your connection to the dude is but this constant defending is off.
I now refrain from piling on Chief cause I think there may be something wrong with him.
It was nice when Fishy jumped in and squashed the nonsense. I think it’s time for that again.
And if he doesn’t, Chief, find a way to get your message across with our alienating 80% of the fan base. You sound like a child.
Seriously, if you can’t read a post without melting down about it, you’ve got the issue. You don’t like the guy, don’t read his posts. But if you decide to read his posts, don’t piss and moan about it on the board. It makes the board unreadable.

C

Chief00

And if he doesn’t, Chief, find a way to get your message across with our alienating 80% of the fan base. You sound like a child.

You are a certified member of the Clueless Society. Congratulations.

Reaction Score
Ummm yeah. That wasn’t a quirk. It was a feature. Chief and his minions have made this place a dump.
For what it is worth I also attended the focus group meeting on Thursday as one of a small number of invited guests. Although I do not know which one of the other guests was chief I do have a pretty good idea. I can tell you that Chief gave an accurate report on the topics discussed and on information that was divulged to us. You should appreciate getting info from him because you certainly would not get it from me.

Reaction Score
For what it is worth I also attended the focus group meeting on Thursday as one of a small number of invited guests. Although I do not know which one of the other guests was chief I do have a pretty good idea. I can tell you that Chief gave an accurate report on the topics discussed and on information that was divulged to us. You should appreciate getting info from him because you certainly would not get it from me.
Its been an extremely frustrating decade.

Reaction Score

Oh another “insider”.

Reaction Score
TruConn76...

If that is indeed so...that what was reported was accurate and thus not very much new came out of the meeting from the AD.... beyond the known attendance problem and the early game time slots...I do hope that there was some good input from the attendees.

Student and young people's attendance has declined about everywhere for fairly well discussed reasons. Programs have tried fixes, without a root cause really being identified beyond "kids these days".

The student profiles at flagship universities have been moving upwards...the middle 50% of SAT/ACT scores trends upward every class. The party life that some us once knew seems less prevalent.

Programs have tried improving cell service at stadiums, lowering concession prices....and are now working on improving the home schedules....

Some informal polling of students have come up with a bag of reasons for lower attendance.

..more out of state students with a temporary attachment to the school and none to the athletics.

..more rigourous academic life and less time to spread on their other activities

..no adrenaline in games when the team is losing

..low quality home schedule

..a desire to be together with their friends...that denotes more TV venues than stadium seats.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
So Chief didn’t set up a private meeting with the AD, he took part in a focus group. He told us that season tickets were only half scanned (which anyone with eyes could see, and was previously reported) and told us that some games (not which games) would start at 1 and 3:30... which are the most common start times. And he started multiple threads to keep himself the center or attention.

Chiefs grind is as an attention whore, and his nonsense is what makes the board suffer, not frowny faces.

CL82

Reaction Score
Ummm yeah. That wasn’t a quirk. It was a feature. Chief and his minions have made this place a dump.
Disagree. The tendency of a few posters to act like mean middle school girls, however, made the board and readable for a while. Don’t like the guy? Don’t read his posts, but let the rest of us make our own decisions. Acting like toddlers having a tantrum and crapping up every thread the guy posing is what makes the board unreadable.

Reaction Score
Clemson...who puts 80,000 in the stands..still does not fill to capacity.

They groan about the "Garden State" students not attending games...(over 500 from NJ)...but that is shorthand for the increases in out of state students...New York, Massachusetts, and Connecticut students make up over 1,000 of the student body...Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland and Delaware another 1,500. Virginia, Tennessee, and Florida another 1,000...etc

Reaction Score
Disagree. The tendency of a few posters to act like mean middle school girls, however, made the board and readable for a while. Don’t like the guy? Don’t read his posts, but let the rest of us make our own decisions. Acting like toddlers having a tantrum and crapping up every thread the guy posing is what makes the board unreadable.

As his public defender, are you being paid by the post or is it pro bono work? ;)

CL82

Reaction Score
So Chief didn’t set up a private meeting with the AD, he took part in a focus group. He told us that season tickets were only half scanned (which anyone with eyes could see, and was previously reported) and told us that some games (not which games) would start at 1 and 3:30... which are the most common start times. And he started multiple threads to keep himself the center or attention.

Chiefs grind is as an attention whore, and his nonsense is what makes the board suffer, not frowny faces.
LOL, Mike, in the end everything chief said was entirely accurate it has been confirmed both by a third-party in the chaters on the board. I’m at a loss why that would be so problematic to you. But maybe I’m wrong, show me the post where chief said he was “having a private meeting with the A.D.”

It’s so funny how the chaters keep moving the goal posts on this. In the end, everything chief said was true, it has been confirmed multiple times. I am at a loss why that makes you guys so apoplectic.

CL82

Reaction Score
As his public defender, are you being paid by the post or is it pro bono work? ;)
Hey medic, if you want to go to his house and egg it, have at it. I really don’t care one way or the other. But this nonsense crapping up the board made it nearly unreadable the last time the mean girls got into their schtick. My motives are entirely selfish. I like reading The Boneyard and I don’t want a half dozen posters who selfishly decide to crap it up because they don’t like an individual poster.

Reaction Score
Having an opinion about the value of what is offered as "insider scoop" is not crapping on a thread...Nor disliking a poster. It is a valid discussion. I commented on the lack of real new info...and provided the detailed information on scanned seats vs actual attendance...

Just what did Chief give us that CL82 ascertained was true?

1...Actual attendance is one half of scanned ? Already knew that right down to individual games...that it was one half? Yep...we knew that.

2...That game times would be slotted early...that was new info and good to know...while some may have surmised that would be so, it is now confirmed.

True, I poked fun at Chief's third person communication style in a parody...oh God...mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima ' culpa.

I believe...and this is straight up...that some people attempt to be "gatekeepers" and limit or control discussions that are not to their liking.

Someone recently posted this advice on the forgoing page:

"LOL, one day some of the geniuses in this thread will figure out how that they don’t have to read posts and threads from posters they don’t like or don’t find credible. Maybe someday they’ll even figure out how to use the ignore feature."

Not bad advice...and it can go both ways.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
LOL, one day some of the geniuses in this thread will figure out how that they don’t have to read posts and threads from posters they don’t like or don’t find credible. Maybe someday they’ll even figure out how to use the ignore feature. In the meantime, I guess the rest of us will have to continue to listen to them whine. One wonders why it is so important to them.
Keeping those boots squeaky clean.

Reaction Score
Wait a minute. He clearly said "meeting". It was a FOCUS GROUP???? Whoa, hold up. What a fraud.
So how many of US have attended meetings or focus groups where we are all given standard pretty well known information? I would say for me dozens. So the program is pretty much at the bottom and trying to do something about it. I guess instead of waiting for someone to post so you can gang up on them...do something constructive. I know this. Chief appears to like the attention...so what. He provides good updates, and yes sometimes it appears to be well known. OK...AND?

Reaction Score
And to be honest...

My thought is that if any other poster had said that "I went to a meeting and this is what I learned"...there would be little discussion beyond the two points brought up...and that discussion would be a shortish one since there is not much to discuss.

But, when Chief posts, for many, Chief becomes the story as much as the information provided. His ongoing assertions of being on the inside, of "casual fans" not understanding, etc...lead some to juxtapose what "inside information" he actually communicates alongside these assertions.

Happens on every board unless you are a well proven provider of inside information that can later be verified.

Me? I suspend disbelief when I read message boards or watch movies.

Reaction Score
You are a certified member of the Clueless Society. Congratulations.
My take on you is spot on.
I’ll bet you’re the “chief” third shift janitor at Gampel.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01