Excellent Football Meeting | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Excellent Football Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I was invited to one last year. It was just before the 11/11/18 UMKC basketball game at Gampel. It was about 25 or so season ticket holders. AD Dave spoke to the group (basically thanking for support) and then fielded questions. I specifically asked him about the defense and he said he had 100% confidence in Crocker - who was then fired about 5 weeks later. So, take whatever is said at these “meetings” with a grain of salt.
I have a couple of question about this focus group meeting to steer away from the pissing match:
What was the make up of the focus group; % of students, age and gender breakdown, distribution from around the state, donors vs non-donors, etc.?
Who was running it? Was it an internal AD process or did they bring in someone from outside skilled in this type of process?
Now I wish I had gone. To your question, A week or so before the Houston hoop game I recd an invitation to the focus group to talk about the football experience. Being a relative nobody (a season tix holder and donor, although not a significant one), I assumed it went out to a large swath since the email started with to : “Husky Football Donors and Season Ticket Holders”. It was from the foundation.
As an aside, and at the risk of adding to the ridiculousness of this thread... if I went to that event, and posted about it using the initial language, I would absolutely know I was being “artful” in my attempt to present this as something it was not.

C

Chief00

1. Chief gets invited to a focus group.
2. Starts thread about begging the AD to contact him
3. Goes to focus group but acts like he got a meeting and pretends to be an insider
4. Gets exposed

Yup

LOL - You are assuming things are mutually exclusive and there not. What have you been invited to? Read your posts saying I wasn’t invited to a meeting and I was making everything up. You sound like a fool now tryng to cover your tracks regarding wording semantics games. The meeting I attended had 3-4 University representatives including an Assistant AD and about 10-12 fans/boosters. It was a productive and excellent meeting but just a starting point to a lot of necessary work. They are also getting input from student leaders.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
LOL - You are assuming things are mutually exclusive and there not. What have you been invited to? Read your posts saying I wasn’t invited to a meeting and I was making everything up. You sound like a fool now tryng to cover your tracks regarding wording semantics games. The meeting I attended had 3-4 University representatives including an Assistant AD and about 10-12 fans/boosters. It was a productive and excellent meeting but just a starting point to a lot of necessary work. They are also getting input from student leaders.

No tracks to cover because I’m not the one pretending to be some sort of insider.

So when will you delete this thread to cover your own tracks.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Hey medic, if you want to go to his house and egg it, have at it. I really don’t care one way or the other. But this nonsense crapping up the board made it nearly unreadable the last time the mean girls got into their schtick. My motives are entirely selfish. I like reading The Boneyard and I don’t want a half dozen posters who selfishly decide to crap it up because they don’t like an individual poster.

Some people can't help themselves as they have become just miserable, no matter what.
I wouldn't block anyone, but I give less credence to some than others, that is for sure.

What I heard is the team is much more in unison than it has been since Edsall has come back. Say what you will, but that was part of the issue the past couple of years, and hopefully that will be a issue in the past.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I will add this. The bullcrap attacking those you don't believe or attacking others for a differing opinion is getting old. Stop acting like children and just enjoy the board for what it is. If you don't like what a individual is posting, just skip it. It is as simple as that. The rest is just chest pounding or an old fashion pissing contest

Reaction Score
There are some good ideas being thrown around to help student attendance. The first thing that needs to change is the mindset. UConn needs to consider them as current and future customers. Forcing them to do something won’t work - they need to want to do it.
i say you go the A-Team rout with Mr. T.
Drug their ass, throw them in van or a helicopter and the next thing they know they're in the student section as the opening kickoff is going on.

C

Chief00

i say you go the A-Team rout with Mr. T.
Drug their ass, throw them in van or a helicopter and the next thing they know they're in the student section as the opening kickoff is going on.
LOL - That’s why there’s a suggestion box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69