Excellent Football Meeting | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Excellent Football Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
CL82...

I am an intelligent poster who is quite civil....

And I can call it as I see it...

And Chief...yeah, I did know about the discepancy between sold tickets and actual seats filled...The Courant reported 10,032 actually in attendance for 21,000 tickets sold.

Reaction Score
And UConn responded to reporters that it was not scanned ticket data that had to be reported to the NCAA to document the 15,000 minimum requirement.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Good question - First game is on Thursday night, most frequent times for home games going forward are Saturday 1pm and 3:30pm. TV contract to be finalize soon.
A question intended to mock you is a good one?

Whatever floats your boat, I suppose.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
CL82...

I am an intelligent poster who is quite civil....

And I can call it as I see it...

And Chief...yeah, I did know about the discepancy between sold tickets and actual seats filled...The Courant reported 10,032 actually in attendance for 21,000 tickets sold.
I don’t know, Billy seemed kind of snarky on that post to me. I know when I am visiting opposing teams boards that’s an attitude I try to avoid. That’s just me though, Billy can do what he wants.

Reaction Score
And Billy does.

And yep, snarky responses often beget the same.

And Billy thinks that this 3rd person shtick is kinda neat...Oh where have you been charming Billy?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
LOL, one day some of the geniuses in this thread will figure out how that they don’t have to read posts and threads from posters they don’t like or don’t find credible. Maybe someday they’ll even figure out how to use the ignore feature. In the meantime, I guess the rest of us will have to continue to listen to them whine. One wonders why it is so important to them.
"Ignore" is boring.

Reading responses to less than credible posts is entertaining.

CL82

Reaction Score
"Ignore" is boring.

Reading responses to less than credible posts is entertaining.
Debatable. It can be when people are actually being funny, when they’re just whining… not so much.

Ironically enough, a lot of the people complaining in this thread have confirmed that a meeting happened, be that the points chief made were accurate. Kind of hard to be too critical about that. It’s pretty much the definition of credible.

Reaction Score
When I went to college, "question authority" was the Boomer mantra...to question something, often is to be skeptical and that is a good thing. When someone offers you an idea or thought, it's good to ask where that idea comes from, to consider the evidence.

Yes...there was a meeting.

Yes, we learned from that meeting that scanned tickets are one half of allocated (but, we all knew that, right?, I did).

And, a kernel which was new was that games would be scheduled in early slots.

CL82

Reaction Score
When I went to college, "question authority" was the Boomer mantra...to question something, often is to be skeptical and that is a good thing. When someone offers you an idea or thought, it's good to ask where that idea comes from, to consider the evidence.

Yes, we learned from that meeting that scanned tickets are one half of allocated (but, we all knew that, right?, I did).

Don’t disagree, but that’s different than Billy, who is a guest on the board, using the third person about himself to be snarky. When I was growing up guests were well mannered. Perhaps Billy feels differently.

Reaction Score
The board is like a group of guys at a bar talking...and if a guy on the next stool over chooses a weird shtick like Chief does, he should expect a little ribbing. That's the "guy etiquette".

Sooo...Chief probably doesn't mind my mirroring of his weird third person use...that's the nature of boards and barstools.

And I don't mind if he occasionally mirrors my sometime use of awkward references and allegories.

Reaction Score
Of course...a board is different in that you don't have to account for the fact that the guy you are ribbing goes 275, has scarred eyebrows and a pig mean look.

I have learned to be discerning.....the hard way.

CL82

Reaction Score
The board is like a group of guys at a bar talking...and if a guy on the next stool over chooses a weird shtick like Chief does, he should expect a little ribbing. That's the "guy etiquette".

Sooo...Chief probably doesn't mind my mirroring of his weird third person use...that's the nature of boards and barstools.

And I don't mind if he occasionally mirrors my sometime use of awkward references and allegories.
And if Billy he’s kind of jerky as a guest, he should expect to be called out on it. It’s kind of a “guy etiquette” thing.

Reaction Score
I don't mind...I get it that you have been Chief's second in these ongoing discussions...

But...I am no guest. I am a member of this board. Yes...I am not a UConn fan...and no...I am not an opponent's fan

I am a sports fan and have discussed UConn sports for some years on this board...I am not negative.

But, Chief is a big boy on the playground....if he wants to run his shtick, he should expect a little parody...We are of the SNL generation.

And I don't call people names.

C

Chief00

A question intended to mock you is a good one?

Whatever floats your boat, I suppose.

I try to avoid the Coronavirus like negativity of a small group of disgruntled posters on this forum. So whatever their cynical motivations are, they are basically irrelevant to me. I don’t say that to diminish them - I am just happy and trying to accomplish things in real life. Whatever games they play on their keyboards - aren’t really worth much effort to try to decipher from what I have seen.

C

Chief00

There's a difference between having an impression and receiving the data to validate the impression. The season tickets scan numbers is the later. The game times is also useful information and being independent we can plan more than 2 weeks in advance.

But, the planning underway for next season is extensive. There is recognition that dramatic change is needed. Trying my best to contribute - the biggest headwind to overcome is CRDA. I recognize that they have supporters here and even perhaps employees on this forum. I will be blunt, that organization is a drag on UConn and an impediment to the type of progress we need to make.
At a Big East game tonight

Reaction Score
So you knew the games were going to be at 1:00 and 3:30?
You also knew half of seasons tickets did not get scanned in 2019?
True, the truly exciting stuff that we hope to make real is still under wraps as it’s being developed and fine tuned.
But, that’s not unlike my experience in business.
One thing. And I am NOT poking fun or arguing or mocking you in any way. The season ticket issue is not even a slight surprise. Just from watching the games, that makes perfect sense. How much are student tickets? Need to figure out a way to get them there.

Reaction Score
LOL, one day some of the geniuses in this thread will figure out how that they don’t have to read posts and threads from posters they don’t like or don’t find credible. Maybe someday they’ll even figure out how to use the ignore feature. In the meantime, I guess the rest of us will have to continue to listen to them whine. One wonders why it is so important to them.

chief doesn’t need you to be a fluffer for him to keep posting his fan fiction.

C

Chief00

One thing. And I am NOT poking fun or arguing or mocking you in any way. The season ticket issue is not even a slight surprise. Just from watching the games, that makes perfect sense. How much are student tickets? Need to figure out a way to get them there.
Student tickets are $0. But, many dollars are allocated in the University Fee to athletics. This fee is charged to all students.
There are some good ideas being thrown around to help student attendance. The first thing that needs to change is the mindset. UConn needs to consider them as current and future customers. Forcing them to do something won’t work - they need to want to do it.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
There's a difference between having an impression and receiving the data to validate the impression. The season tickets scan numbers is the later. The game times is also useful information and being independent we can plan more than 2 weeks in advance.

But, the planning underway for next season is extensive. There is recognition that dramatic change is needed. Trying my best to contribute - the biggest headwind to overcome is CRDA. I recognize that they have supporters here and even perhaps employees on this forum. I will be blunt, that organization is a drag on UConn and an impediment to the type of progress we need to make.
At a Big East game tonight
Agree on CRDA.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Student tickets are $0. But, many dollars are allocated in the University Fee to athletics. This fee is charged to all students.
There are some good ideas being thrown around to help student attendance. The first thing that needs to change is the mindset. UConn needs to consider them as current and future customers. Forcing them to do something won’t work - they need to want to do it.
So how do you make them want it? I’m all for straight bribery but that only goes so far.

Reaction Score
Chief...The Courant has published the scan numbers vs "allocated ticket" numbers....it has been in the public realm a year.

To look at some scanned numbers vs allocated ticket numbers by individual game and the season...scroll through link...

It is no new information that scanned butts in seats are half of sold/allocated tickets.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Had an excellent meeting, looking forward to next steps and a bright future. A sobering statistic is that half of season ticket holders tickets weren’t scanned at the average game last season.

Lots of work to do but it’s doable.
I have season tickets and did not attend a game last year. Part of that was related to vacation and then a nasty travel schedule, but the majority of it was the L's. I'm not driving almost 2 hours to watch us get embarrassed.

C

Chief00

So how do you make them want it? I’m all for straight bribery but that only goes so far.
Several ideas have been discussed - let’s see where it goes.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Several ideas have been discussed - let’s see where it goes.
Whether it’s students, alumni, anyone... the games themselves can’t be wretched to watch. Different set of issues there.

For students... it’s 2020, they need reliable in-stadium internet for messaging and social media. The inside of the stadium needs to be a party that they want to attend and socialize at. Tricky, since they have other options with fewer restrictions without having to get on a bus.

Also, bribery. At the start of each 4th quarter, Chief should have a $1k giveaway.

CL82

Reaction Score
chief doesn’t need you to be a fluffer for him to keep posting his fan fiction.
no, no he does not, but if the mean girls are going to resurrect the act that was ruining the site they can expect me to comment on it. Sorry, not sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom