Excellent Football Meeting | The Boneyard

Excellent Football Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Had an excellent meeting, looking forward to next steps and a bright future. A sobering statistic is that half of season ticket holders tickets weren’t scanned at the average game last season.

Lots of work to do but it’s doable.
Was it mentioned that any more attractive games will be on the home slate in the coming seasons?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Had an excellent meeting, looking forward to next steps and a bright future. A sobering statistic is that half of season ticket holders tickets weren’t scanned at the average game last season.

Most of the past 3 seasons, almost all the seats around mine, and I have decent seats, were empty or occupied by people I just know aren't the season ticket owners.
But this reflects the student issue
There has to be a reason people want to come - be it a winning team and/or enough attractions, etc. to make it worth their while - at least until winning becomes the norm

Reaction Score
I'll probably be jumping on Top of the Rent season tickets. I got my new job so it's the first in a while I'll be on a 9-5 job and I'll be able to afford them for once.

This is great news. I think you posted for quite some time that you were struggling to get a “career job” after a lay-off or similar. Glad the job came through! I think your return to the Rent will coincide with a noticeable improvement on the field. Happy for you and congrats.

Reaction Score

Chief are you talking about the meeting at the practice facility yesterday before the men’s game?

C

Chief00

Most of the past 3 seasons, almost all the seats around mine, and I have decent seats, were empty or occupied by people I just know aren't the season ticket owners.
But this reflects the student issue
There has to be a reason people want to come - be it a winning team and/or enough attractions, etc. to make it worth their while - at least until winning becomes the norm
I agree the elephant in the room during my meeting was Randy‘a coaching. Quite frankly, I would have gone with Lashlee. However, for the purpose of the meeting it was not a controllable, so Chief wisely focused on other issues.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
If you mention talking about "Randy" during your "meeting" you should feel comfortable mentioning who you "met " with.

Reaction Score
Also had a good meeting on UConn football. Other participants (no Chief was not there, he was meeting with junior level administration personnel in charge of counting no shows at games) reminded me I discounted Syracuse fans that warned PP was a dud and I initially bought heavily into the Red Pants jive. I also didn't initially believe UConn had hired HCREDreamJob1.0 back to be HCRE2.0, thought was a prank but then as a loyal (and not too swift on the uptake fan) figured why not hire a coach who could get a Tight Ends coach on the cheap and see what he could do.
Year 1 of HCRE2.0 gave me pause, year 2 shocked the world of FBS football with astounding ineptness. Year 3 was a 100% increase in wins but during the meeting was reminded that 2-10 is really not that good.
Many good plans were discussed, including sending in formations from fans for 3rd and 1 yard plays. Everyone left the meeting encouraged, especially since it was agreed that HCRE2.0 contract was not to be extended unless he improved both his coaching execution and eye discipline. Someone suggested also requiring more wins but that was discounted as not a feasible goal for a coach that doesn't think winning is important.

Reaction Score
I agree the elephant in the room during my meeting was Randy‘a coaching. Quite frankly, I would have gone with Lashlee. However, for the purpose of the meeting it was not a controllable, so Chief wisely focused on other issues.
Anyone thinking Lashlee was even interested in being here has absolutely no clue. You have no more control than the football focus group recently held before a basketball game in Hartford.
Amazing you were not the moderator or at least invited. Actually a very small group of people who have already bought season tickets were. Interviewed by some of the AD staff, it was actually a good meeting. But once again the same topics were repeated.

Your troll / secret agent man tactics are getting old. You dropped the ball again. If Randy's coaching was the problem after all your braggadocio you have pooped your KC panties once again.
Stop back when you have something to bring to the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom