Evina -WNBA? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Evina -WNBA?

Reaction Score
IMO Evinas knee is still a problem and may need to have another MRI to check it out. She has slowed down from her Freshman year and it shows against the quicker teams. It's so stupid to have these players have to decide so quickly. I can see her as a future Coach at this level and if she decided against the WNBA and another year here with 2 years as a grad asst. would give her a big jump in that field. Good luck with what you decide for your future! It was great to watch you play this year!

Reaction Score
"History of injuries" is an exaggeration. Evina has never missed an NCAA game due to injury.
I believe that's because she used her year off to get surgery and rehab her injured knee. Had she been granted immediate transfer status, she might have had to miss games. Coach Geno said that the NCAA's refusal to let her play was a blessing in disguise because it gave her time to have that needed surgery and rehab.

Reaction Score
I don't see where $65,000 is life changing money. I'm sure many UConn graduates will make that much
when they get out of school without the potential to lose it at any minute by injury.
It’s not. I was being facetious.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
What was that last question?
Maybe it was the second-to-last question. something like: How disheartening was it to keep making a run at the lead only to have Arizona keep answering back. CW said something like "How would you feel?" or "How do you think it felt?" or something similar.

I felt bad for her. She was obviously upset about the loss and about fouling out on a horses- excuse for a foul call. It wasn't the worst question ever asked but it rubbed her the wrong way and I'm ok with her response. She's human and was hurting. Not sure CD will be ok with it but I hope CD cuts her some slack.

Reaction Score
If Evinas knee is so bad that she maybe has a limited amount of time in basketball left, is there actually a chance that she stays for a year in order to complete further education giving her a better chance of having a really good career post WNBA?! Just trying to think about things from a different view point. But I think she does probably go in my opinion, as much as I’d love for her to stay.

Reaction Score
She won’t be contesting for playing time in the pros?
If she can’t claw out time at UConn, how will she get it in a Pro roster?

Reaction Score
I think it would help the team and her to come back. But, I would support, equally, her wanting to turn professional. I am one of a fast diminishing few who hates this obsession with starting, playing time and "garbage time". I have admired for some time how Stanford manages to have a large contingent of players-- with a number of good players sitting, but getting playing time and contributing.
Those who have the habit of pegging their hopes on every years recruit as the one(s) to get us over the top of the top might do well to think a little clearer. Ever since Nurse and Gabby, Uconn has not have a defensive guard or small forward/wing (whatever) that can neutralised a quick and aggressive guard. These guards have single-handedly reek havoc on us and have contributed to their team winning. Arizona was a repeat of ARK. a repeat of MSU, and of course ND and Stanford. Is there a solution to this in the incoming class!! Geno promised that we will be back at the Final 4 so he may know something. But since the consensus here is that we are going to shoot the lights out then why worry about defending.
Another thing I have noticed about this version of the Uconn team is how frightfully predictable their offense had become. At times it seems as if I had the game running in slow motion. If the coaches had to scale back then it worked on lesser teams, but any good coach with a defensive minded team would exploit it.

Reaction Score
Unless E is a top 8pick she should stay, any lower and she could get cut, and this is a weak draft. Next year’s draft isn’t very strong, unless any of the 2019 kids who are stars declare early, E has a better chance of going in the top 8 next year. Howard, Cunane, Smith, Austin, and Hillmon will likely be the 1st 5 player taken, Westbrook could go as high as 6th next season if she shows some consistent scoring, better defensive, and better decisions with the ball, and she could also be named an All American, and add a national championship.
I'm not sure where she goes in the draft, assuming its the 1st round, makes a material difference particularly regarding the money. Only a few thousand dollars separate the top and bottom of the money scale. More important would be the team that drafts her. With the worst teams going first, sometimes being drafted by a higher performing, well coached team has benefits.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
It's not the last question. What CW said was "I did not like that last question" during the presser to some guy from the Hartford Courant. Here is the time indexed question

Thanks for posting this clarified a lot. CW showed annoyance with the question is my take. I love it-at least I know she cares.
Honestly I wish her teammates can express similar annoyance and actually follow through and take it out on an opponent.

Reaction Score
Would love to have her back she was a steadying hand all throughout the tournament and she rebounds.
Would love to have her return for her contributions to team chemistry. Finishing baseball spring training, you read about teams keeping players (at $millions) because they're good "clubhouse presences." Evina is just that - a perfect teammate. Buying presents for everyone out of her own pocket? Just a special young woman.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom