Evina Westbrook's journey underway | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Evina Westbrook's journey underway

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
If I ever attempted to dribble 2 basketballs at the same time, I’m fairly certain I would end up hitting myself in the face with one of them, or even worse, hitting myself in another more painful place.... :confused:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

While it is good to hear from Evina, it's pretty presumptuous of someone to entitle her video UConn Basketball Star when she hasn't played a game and, let's face it, she's going to be in catch up mode for a time.

Last edited:

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
While it is good to hear from Evina, it's pretty presumptuous of someone to entitle her video UConn Basketball Star when she hasn't played a game and, let's face it, she's going to be in catch up mode for a time.
Not like she said she plans to win four championships...Brash and confident can be good. Now she will have an opp to back it up.

Reaction Score
I lurk but don’t post. But I felt the need to say, I have watched Evina’s games at Tennessee. She is a special talent and up to this point received no real coaching in college. I am excited to see what she can do with Geno and CD’s guidance.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
With the attention that UConn women's bball gets, if you are a husky you are a star.....

I know the phenomenon of which you speak. Evelyn, our grad "big" transfers and suddenly she's on someone's list of Top 5 Rising Stars; but it is someone else saying it - not the kid. And before I get all jumped on, let me repeat my delight to have Evina decide to get WNBA ready at UConn. That is Evina's tape and I'm simply remarking that it's not a good look to call yourself a star of a team you haven't played a minute for.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I know the phenomenon of which you speak. Evelyn, our grad "big" transfers and suddenly she's on someone's list of Top 5 Rising Stars; but it is someone else saying it - not the kid. And before I get all jumped on, let me repeat my delight to have Evina decide to get WNBA ready at UConn. That is Evina's tape and I'm simply remarking that it's not a good look to call yourself a star of a team you haven't played a minute for.
There's no evidence that Evina is the one who titled this video.

Reaction Score
Evina is already a star. She will be a shining star at UCONN. No doubt in my mind. This kid can flat out play. Under the tutelage of UCONN coaching, she will be a 1st team AA. Already is, and, will continue to be, the best player on UCONN.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Evina is already a star.
How so?

She will be a shining star at UCONN. No doubt in my mind. This kid can flat out play. Under the tutelage of UCONN coaching, she will be a 1st team AA.
That would be nice.

Already is, and, will continue to be, the best player on UCONN.
Hmmm, no so sure about that. One she hasn't even played a game, or even practiced with UCONN. Two, Dangerfield, Williams, Walker.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I wonder a little bit about how she'll adapt to become a UConn player. That said better judges than I about what it takes to be successful here have already decided that she's a good fit. I'm not going to worry about it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Love that she sounds hungry, confident, and really wants to win. The fact that she wants to be coached up, and is willing to be challenged by the staff are also all positives for me, it’s to bad she didn’t have 4 years at UConn instead of 2.

Reaction Score
Evina is already a star. She will be a shining star at UCONN. No doubt in my mind. This kid can flat out play. Under the tutelage of UCONN coaching, she will be a 1st team AA. Already is, and, will continue to be, the best player on UCONN.

Dangerfield is the best player on the current team.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I lurk but don’t post. But I felt the need to say, I have watched Evina’s games at Tennessee. She is a special talent and up to this point received no real coaching in college. I am excited to see what she can do with Geno and CD’s guidance.

That was the most significant takeaway for me — that she seemed to be dying for an intense program where the coaching would really push her and develop her. That, and her goal to be a top 3 pick coming out :cool:

Reaction Score
I think the transition from not having tough coaches and really high expectations will be a tough transition. That’s not to say she won’t be a star, I’m just saying it will be tough. I’m going with Christyn Williams as the best player.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
speak for yourself...or for your board. LOL
I’m one of the few BY’ers rooting for KJH to return the LV’s back to the elite level of WBB. So with all the changes I’m sure your new coach is considering, wouldn’t it also be a good time to replace that nausea inducing color in favor of something more subtle like flaming pink, sea foam green or periwinkle purple? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Respectfully disagree.
Dangerfield is one of the best point guards in the country if not the best. Right now I would consider her the best player on the team. ONO and Williams time will come!

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
wouldn’t it also be a good time to replace that nausea inducing color in favor of something more subtle like flaming pink, sea foam green or periwinkle purple? :rolleyes:

There are more than a few reasonable-to-decent oranges out there. Think Syracuse or Princeton. Then, there is the nausea induced affront to visual well being worn in Knoxville.

image.png

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

Now this is just high grade trolling. Oh, and, you over reached. Come on, you know you did. That last sentence just pure ....hmmm, what word can I get by Nan and JS? There isn't an appropriate word that will survive ... but you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom