Evina Westbrook to transfer | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Evina Westbrook to transfer

Reaction Score
Has anyone heard of any visits Evina may have planned to any schools? Or know of a list of schools she is considering?

Reaction Score
Has anyone heard of any visits Evina may have planned to any schools? Or know of a list of schools she is considering?
My question is are there schools that would not consider her a viable transfer? I believe more schools are in that group than those who would consider her as a transfer candidate.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Megan Walker has a photo of Westbrook on her Instagram feed today. I don't know if the two are just friends but that seems awfully coincidental.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
There is a rumor with a few of the recruiting services that Westbrook will end up at UConn. I find it hard to believe, but if she did and was eligible to play right away, it would be a huge help for Crystal. She wouldn't need to play as many minutes as she did this year. Another benefit is Paige Bueckers wouldn't have to be the starting PG from Day one. It would enable Geno to play a Senior, while Paige gets significant minutes and then be the starting PG the following year. Westbrook is talented and would be a huge help next year if she didn't have to sit out.

Reaction Score
There is a rumor with a few of the recruiting services that Westbrook will end up at UConn.

Names please or I don't believe it.

So far, Clay Kallam has one post saying Westbrook had some interest in UConn. But no comment on if UConn had any interest back.
Who else?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Megan Walker has a photo of Westbrook on her Instagram feed today. I don't know if the two are just friends but that seems awfully coincidental.
double cross your fingers....

Reaction Score

So far, Clay Kallam has one post saying Westbrook had some interest in UConn. But no comment on if UConn had any interest back.
Who else?
is there a reason Uconn may not be interested in her, isn't she eligible for immediate play??? (question not statement)

Reaction Score
There is a rumor with a few of the recruiting services that Westbrook will end up at UConn. I find it hard to believe, but if she did and was eligible to play right away, it would be a huge help for Crystal. She wouldn't need to play as many minutes as she did this year. Another benefit is Paige Bueckers wouldn't have to be the starting PG from Day one. It would enable Geno to play a Senior, while Paige gets significant minutes and then be the starting PG the following year. Westbrook is talented and would be a huge help next year if she didn't have to sit out.
Why is it hard to believe? (question not argument)

Reaction Score
My question is are there schools that would not consider her a viable transfer? I believe more schools are in that group than those who would consider her as a transfer candidate.
Call me dumb, but I don't understand this---is a NOT missing

Reaction Score

Who else?
Last night Clay said UConn is interested in Westbrook, and if she can get legal help, she should get a wavier.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
A couple of reasons. UConn wasn't on her final list of schools that she was considering. Thought she might be more interested in returning closer to her home, since from most accounts she's very close to her family. The final reason is if she comes to UConn, she most likely wouldn't be a starter. Crystal is the starting PG, the position that Westbrook plays.

A starting lineup of Crystal, Megan, Christyn, Ono and Westbrook would win a lot of games, but they would severely tested against the better teams that have size. UConn next year needs a PF/Center that excels at rebounding and defense. IMO the primary reasons they lost the ND game was due to Rebounding and Second Chance points that ND got. Hopefully Geno/Chris will be able to solve that problem before next season starts.

Why is it hard to believe? (question not argument)

Reaction Score
A couple of reasons. UConn wasn't on her final list of schools that she was considering. Thought she might be more interested in returning closer to her home, since from most accounts she's very close to her family. The final reason is if she comes to UConn, she most likely wouldn't be a starter. Crystal is the starting PG, the position that Westbrook plays.

A starting lineup of Crystal, Megan, Christyn, Ono and Westbrook would win a lot of games, but they would severely tested against the better teams that have size. UConn next year needs a PF/Center that excels at rebounding and defense. IMO the primary reasons they lost the ND game was due to Rebounding and Second Chance points that ND got. Hopefully Geno/Chris will be able to solve that problem before next season starts.
Thanks

Reaction Score
If taking Westbrook does not stop any of the players UConn wants, I believe they should take her.
If she is anywhere near Danger in "game". That would be big for Geno. Danger needs someone to spell her. She put in too many minutes last year. What that may seem good the wear and tear on legs, knees, hips, feet is continuious. A uconn Ortho at half time of one of the AAC games said with kids who put in a lot of minutes: it is not IF they will be injured, it is when they will be.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
The final reason is if she comes to UConn, she most likely wouldn't be a starter. Crystal is the starting PG, the position that Westbrook plays.

Assuming immediate eligibility, she wouldn't be starting at PG at either Oregon or Oregon St. either.

Reaction Score
As has been stated previously, I don't think that Geno and CD would want a player on the team that publically disparaged her previous coach, no matter how much she was badgered with the question. Some things should just not be said outloud.

Reaction Score
If I’m not mistaken, Westbrook would be eligible for the 2020 draft, I wonder if she would pull a Z, play for one year then leave. Of course if she doesn’t get a wavier then none of this would matter.

Reaction Score
Call me dumb, but I don't understand this---is a NOT missing
What I was trying to say are there teams that would not consider adding her to their team because of the “baggage” associated with her and her mother? What teams does she just not fit? Those squads that have chemistry that she might disrupt. To me this is not an obvious grab her type player; Anriel Howard was, IMHO, a grab her type player and I understand Geno passed on her, why would he consider a player with Westbrook’s history?

Reaction Score
What I was trying to say are there teams that would not consider adding her to their team because of the “baggage” associated with her and her mother? What teams does she just not fit? Those squads that have chemistry that she might disrupt. To me this is not an obvious grab her type player; Anriel Howard was, IMHO, a grab her type player and I understand Geno passed on her, why would he consider a player with Westbrook’s history?
Geno does not take kindly to interfering parents. So, if she is as you say and Mom is into her business as you say--Geno, I think would pass.

Reaction Score
Geno does not take kindly to interfering parents. So, if she is as you say and Mom is into her business as you say--Geno, I think would pass.
Well, her mother is very over-involved, and that is a known fact, seemingly universally among WBB boards. It’s been posted here, on Mississippi State, Oregon State, Tennessee, etc. At this point, Geno doesn’t seem to be passing. Perhaps he is evolving with the game, something Chiney mentioned needs to happen with some of the older coaches (specifically Hatchell).

Reaction Score
Well, her mother is very over-involved, and that is a known fact, seemingly universally among WBB boards. It’s been posted here, on Mississippi State, Oregon State, Tennessee, etc. At this point, Geno doesn’t seem to be passing. Perhaps he is evolving with the game, something Chiney mentioned needs to happen with some of the older coaches (specifically Hatchell).
Geno must believe team chemistry will not suffer with her addition. We know different environment can enhance player satisfaction, for example AEH apparently did not fit the UConn chemistry but at MSST she not only fit but apparently enhanced team chemistry. Here hoping Geno’s magic works with Westbrook. It may have been more Holly than Westbrook that messed up UT team chemistry.

Reaction Score
If I’m not mistaken, Westbrook would be eligible for the 2020 draft, I wonder if she would pull a Z, play for one year then leave. Of course if she doesn’t get a wavier then none of this would matter.
She would definitely help the team during the current season, whether or not she enters the WNBA draft in 2020. From a basketball development standpoint, she would probably be wise to stay through her entire college basketball eligibility.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom