Evina Westbrook to transfer | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Evina Westbrook to transfer

Reaction Score
Yeah, but she still just seems more like an Oregon player than an Oregon State player. I have no facts mind you, and I also ignore that Oregon State not Oregon was in her final 3 (maybe final 2) before committing to Tennessee.
Yeah, but that was probably because Ionescu was there at the time. She won't be there whenever Westbrook suits up. I think she'll most likely wind up at Oregon.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
I wonder where Allison Utterback will end up

Possibly Illinois State. Not far from Lewis U., which was the previous post of ISU’s current (and successful) coach Kristen Gillespie.

Reaction Score
What makes you guys think she wouldn't be eligible immediately? I thought a coaching change would be a good reason for a player to be able to play right away

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
What makes you guys think she wouldn't be eligible immediately? I thought a coaching change would be a good reason for a player to be able to play right away
A coaching change DOES NOT mean automatic eligibility for transferring players.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
How much longer until UT hires a coach? It seems like weeks have passed since Holly's departure.

Reaction Score
Evina is a very smart young lady and a natural leader. My take is that she entered the portal to find out what other teams might offer her. Then, when Tennessee names a new head coach Evina will be in a informed position for deciding to stay or go. Evina is very level-headed. It’s unlikely she will make an emotional decision about her future. I think she will wait until she can talk to her new coach. Then she will be in a position to weigh the merits of staying vs. the opportunities offered her by other schools. She may, indeed, transfer, but it will be based on what she thinks is best for her future.
Yeah and at some point Holly would have led the Vols to number 9!!!!

Reaction Score
A coaching change DOES NOT mean automatic eligibility for transferring players.
As someone very familiar with Ohio State Athletics we got Justin Fields in and because of what happened at Georgia(racial remarks) he was granted Immediate eligibility but then that made Tate Martel transferred to the U and he was granted Immediate eligibility for next year too, if I was someone in the transfer portal all I have to do is say Tate Martell Tate Martell, end of story

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
As someone very familiar with Ohio State Athletics we got Justin Fields in and because of what happened at Georgia(racial remarks) he was granted Immediate eligibility but then that made Tate Martel transferred to the U and he was granted Immediate eligibility for next year too, if I was someone in the transfer portal all I have to do is say Tate Martell Tate Martell, end of story
I 'm not familiar with Tate Martell. But it seems you would be relying on the NCAA to act the same way more than one time- I wouldn't take that bet.

Reaction Score
I 'm not familiar with Tate Martell. But it seems you would be relying on the NCAA to act the same way more than one time- I wouldn't take that bet.

And that’s when as a student athlete I would have myself a lawyer because there was no reason that Tate Martell was granted immediate eligibility for next year with his transfer to Miami from Ohio State Other than Urban Meyer retiring

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
How much longer until UT hires a coach? It seems like weeks have passed since Holly's departure.
One and a half weeks, to be exact.

Word is that the AD was doing interviews in Tampa this weekend. I suspect we'll hear something within the next 3 days.

Reaction Score
This was posted in another thread but I thought it was worthy of its own thread. According to Volnation she's entered her name in the transfer portal which means she can come back if she'd like to, but if she leaves it'll be a massive loss for Tennessee. Whoever lands Evina is getting an outstanding player.

I'm not sure how much of a loss it is if Jordan Horston sticks with Tennessee............

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I'm not sure how much of a loss it is if Jordan Horston sticks with Tennessee..

It'd be a huge loss. It's naive to expect a freshman to come in and be the savior or replace your best play maker who averages 15 points and 5 assists. Horston may be the real deal but it's never smart to count on a freshman making a big impact from the get go, especially at the PG spot.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Clay Kallam suggesting Westbrook is looking at UConn.

Personally, I don't see a match, but Kallam is a no-nonsense guy.

bballnut90

Reaction Score

Doesnt make a whole lot of sense IMO with UCONN having Bueckers and Williams there her last 2 years unless UCONN goes with a 3 guard lineup.

Reaction Score

Were any other potential landing spots listed as well?

Reaction Score
It'd be a huge loss. It's naive to expect a freshman to come in and be the savior or replace your best play maker who averages 15 points and 5 assists. Horston may be the real deal but it's never smart to count on a freshman making a big impact from the get go, especially at the PG spot.

Westbrook is quite a talent but her inconsistency almost made her appear to play like a freshman much of the time.........................Horston's game seems more college ready then most, she's rock solid in every area........................I expect her to make an immediate impact at the next level..................

Reaction Score

I can only imagine Westbrook and Reece on the same UConn team............... I think Geno would have to restock his wine cellar after the first week of practice................:rolleyes::rolleyes:

bballnut90

Reaction Score
Westbrook is quite a talent but her inconsistency almost made her appear to play like a freshman much of the time.....Horston's game seems more college ready then most, she's rock solid in every area....I expect her to make an immediate impact at the next level...

People made similar statements about Williams last year and Westbrook 2 years ago. It is extremely rare that someone comes in college ready and executes at an all-conference level. Look at the AP All American teams...almost all of the players on there had limited roles as freshmen before improving as time went on. Horston will be great, but I don't see her being an upgrade from Westbrook next year.

Reaction Score
People made similar statements about Williams last year and Westbrook 2 years ago. It is extremely rare that someone comes in college ready and executes at an all-conference level. Look at the AP All American teams...almost all of the players on there had limited roles as freshmen before improving as time went on. Horston will be great, but I don't see her being an upgrade from Westbrook next year.

as always I guess time will tell.......................BTW, freshman or not, I expect Bueckers to be a star from day one...................

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom