Evina Westbrook to transfer | The Boneyard

Evina Westbrook to transfer

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
This was posted in another thread but I thought it was worthy of its own thread. According to Volnation she's entered her name in the transfer portal which means she can come back if she'd like to, but if she leaves it'll be a massive loss for Tennessee. Whoever lands Evina is getting an outstanding player.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Miss St. Is the place for her.

That would actually be a great spot for her IMO. One of Evina's biggest flaws has been decision making, and Vic does an excellent job of training his PGs to make good decisions. Better decision making would help her draft stock immensely.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
This was posted in another thread but I thought it was worthy of its own thread. According to Volnation she's entered her name in the transfer portal which means she can come back if she'd like to, but if she leaves it'll be a massive loss for Tennessee. Whoever lands Evina is getting an outstanding player.
I find it bizarre that no one has reported this outside of VolNation, if it's true. Maybe it just takes some time...

Reaction Score
6FE97290-67DB-46C5-B250-D7612C39366E.jpeg

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I wonder where Allison Utterback will end up
She's a 5'4" sophomore guard who averaged 3.8 ppg at a D-2 school. She's that diamond in the rough that someone's looking for!

Reaction Score
I expect at least another transfer or two out of Tennessee before its all said and done. With the wrong hire, maybe even more.

A couple of schools are about to rake in some talented kids, maybe they can finally get good guidance....

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
She's a 5'4" sophomore guard who averaged 3.8 ppg at a D-2 school. She's that diamond in the rough that someone's looking for!

Now imma have to actually see where she ends up :D

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Concerning the Oregon schools.... from what Ive seen of Westbrooks (not too many games) seems like more of an Oregon player than Oregon State.

Reaction Score
Westbrook to Oregon? She can tell the NCAA she loves Muffet McGraw and get the waiver to play immediately
I believe ND was one of her final choices. So it wouldn’t surprise me if she gets a waiver and is playing next season in an ND jersey

Reaction Score
Concerning the Oregon schools.... from what Ive seen of Westbrooks (not too many games) seems like more of an Oregon player than Oregon State.
Oregon State will desperately need guards. Like Mikayla Pivec did this season, I think she would benefit playing at the 2, spending more energy on scoring than running the offense. Oregon State was a finalist, Oregon was not out of HS. Will be interesting. She and Balogun are two pretty elite guards to be transferring.

Reaction Score
Evina is a very smart young lady and a natural leader. My take is that she entered the portal to find out what other teams might offer her. Then, when Tennessee names a new head coach Evina will be in a informed position for deciding to stay or go. Evina is very level-headed. It’s unlikely she will make an emotional decision about her future. I think she will wait until she can talk to her new coach. Then she will be in a position to weigh the merits of staying vs. the opportunities offered her by other schools. She may, indeed, transfer, but it will be based on what she thinks is best for her future.

Reaction Score
I wonder where Allison Utterback will end up
I mean, she’s from Greenwood, Indiana. Isn’t Notre Dame looking for a PG? I’m sure Muffet would want to submit a waiver for the fun of it even though she won’t need to. Perhaps Purdue or Indiana also?

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
I mean, she’s from Greenwood, Indiana. Isn’t Notre Dame looking for a PG? I’m sure Muffet would want to submit a waiver for the fun of it even though she won’t need to. Perhaps Purdue or Indiana also?

I actually think this wasn't sarcasm. Compared to the other posts about that girl.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I have seen Evian play in person and 12+ times on tv and while she has talent, she is not a point guard and has an “edge” and a questionable attitude that would not fit UConn nor Oregon. Could that be harnessed maybe, but my experience in coaching is attitude is the hardest aspect to change, especially if the player has a “hovering parent” as is the case with Evina. For me, it’s a hard pass...

Reaction Score
Yeah, but she still just seems more like an Oregon player than an Oregon State player. I have no facts mind you, and I also ignore that Oregon State not Oregon was in her final 3 (maybe final 2) before committing to Tennessee.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom