Evina and Held post game incident | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Evina and Held post game incident

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ayanna Patterson will absolutely bring it this Fall. If you watched her last August in 3X3, she is exactly that and against really tough International players.

She is an amazing talent. She bounces around like a guard and has a pretty pullup shot. Watching her HS games I see that she is going to have a time adjusting to UConn's style just because she is the center of her team's universe and the best place for the ball on offense is in her hands. I expect to see some spectacular highlight plays along with moments when she is in the paint spinning around trying to figure out where she is supposed to be just like most freshmen (and some seniors). But she will be able to do some stuff that no one else on the team can do, like touch her elbow to the rim or get called for goaltending.

Just a thought, is goaltending illegal in women's BB? Has it ever been called? And not basket interference, I mean blocking a shot above the rim on it's way down?

Reaction Score
Looking at the video and the screenshot right above this post how in the world can you say Nike started it ? Not trying to be a homer but some folks need glasses .. folks are making something out of nothing here .. DePaul was trying to bully UConn and glad our ladies stood up to it
Her name is Nika, not Nike. I don't understand how so many posters here misspell our players names over and over again. It's disrespectful!!! If you're a fan, learn how to spell their names. If you actually read what I said, you would know that I didn't say Nika started it. I said she knew it was coming and could have avoid it. We had already won the game.

Reaction Score
I guess you didn’t see her complaining about the foul calls in her first few games back. Geno must have told her to cool it because she’s been better. But bumping into the kid, or at least not avoiding the bump, is looking for trouble. It’s unnecessary.
Held and Nika are both confrontational players they don't back down. Teams need spirited players to provide adrenaline. The trick is to keep it somewhat controlled. Nika got the point last year and right now she is doing fine. As long as she is at 20-25 mins a game her fouling can be tolerated if she also has steals and is generally disruptive on defense and can pick up 8 or so opportunistic points.
Some day she will be able to tell her grandchildren about playing pg with Bueckers and Fudd at the 2-3.

Reaction Score
E is a letter. Type the name.
Why? No attack but I find it amazing how some bring their pet peeves to the yard.
'Exactly. I'm tired of this initial only crap.
There are a few here on an almost daily basis that don't know who is being spoken of, not sure how to help them. My only suggestion would be to print the initials list Nan provided at the beginning of the season. That or have her ban us that have no problem with initials. The hand full remaining will have a great forum. ;)

On to the original topic I see it as both players heading in a direction and Held making sure of contact with Nika not fazed at all. It was many moons ago but after a tourney loss Geno was asked what he had to do for a different result, his reply, "we gotta recruit tougher players!"
I like Nika and she makes me think of wanting to call her Esso as she has a tiger in her tank. :D

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Her name is Nika, not Nike. I don't understand how so many posters here misspell our players names over and over again. It's disrespectful!!! If you're a fan, learn how to spell their names. If you actually read what I said, you would know that I didn't say Nika started it. I said she knew it was coming and could have avoid it. We had already won the game.
It’s autocorrect. Nika = Nike, Evina = Evian

stupid autocorrect

Reaction Score
Rationally, I know Nan has the right take here, but projecting my younger self into this situation, I take that bump because we're probably going to see each other again. It's a "you're not getting in my head", "no, you're not getting in MY head" thing. Even though they are clearly in each other's heads at this point
I don't expect Nika to be on her best behavior all the time. She should be.. and
maturity tends to "grow" on most of us. At least it should. Lexi Held
will just have to find her own rational for the behavior.

Reaction Score
Disrespectful????? LOL It’s called autocorrect. Lighten Up Francis.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Why? No attack but I find it amazing how some bring their pet peeves to the yard.

There are a few here on an almost daily basis that don't know who is being spoken of, not sure how to help them. My only suggestion would be to print the initials list Nan provided at the beginning of the season. That or have her ban us that have no problem with initials. The hand full remaining will have a great forum. ;)

On to the original topic I see it as both players heading in a direction and Held making sure of contact with Nika not fazed at all. It was many moons ago but after a tourney loss Geno was asked what he had to do for a different result, his reply, "we gotta recruit tougher players!"
I like Nika and she makes me think of wanting to call her Esso as she has a tiger in her tank. :D
Temery is the site owner. If he says don’t do it, don’t do it

Reaction Score
It’s autocorrect. Nika = Nike, Evina = Evian

stupid autocorrect
Strange how it doesn't autocorrect for everyone, and isn't it customary to read what you plan to post before hitting the send button? :)

We all can be guilty of that, me to for sure. But spelling names correctly should be first and foremost.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Strange how it doesn't autocorrect for everyone, and isn't it customary to read what you plan to post before hitting the send button? :)

We all can be guilty of that, me to for sure. But spelling names correctly should be first and foremost.
I think it depends on what device you’re using. I’ve entered Nika and Evina into my iPad’s dictionary so those don’t autocorrect. PCs won’t either.

Patience, grasshopper

Reaction Score
It’s called auto correct sorry I’m old and have to wear glasses to read so go kick rocks .. I’m glad Nika didn’t back down and proud of her

temery

What?
Reaction Score

New visitors don't. Type the name.

People frequently arrive here because they've googled a players name, and the boneyard shows up. The more times the name is found, the higher the ranking in results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom