Evina and Held post game incident | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Evina and Held post game incident

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Cmon now. Held was visibly surprised, Nika was expecting it and didn’t flinch after. If a non UConn player did that, you wouldn’t be celebrating it..
Nika wasn't even looking at her she was going to the celebration and Held is the one that initiated the bump. Held had a different look on her face when she realized that Momma E saw the whole thing and was walking over to her, NOT Nika.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Nika wasn't even looking at her she was going to the celebration and Held is the one that initiated the bump. Held had a different look on her face when she realized that Momma E saw the whole thing and was walking over to her, NOT Nika.
Okay @CocoHusky what did I say that you didn't like? If you watch the tape Nika's not looking at Held when the bump was initiated and Held did have a different look when she saw E. coming over to get in between the two?

Reaction Score
Late in the nd game it appeared there was deliberate attempt to be extra physical against Paige. That may be a strategy for teams to get her off her games. When that occurs we need a chippy (enforcer) type such as CD2.
That will be a strategy to get her off the court.

Reaction Score
From that video it looks like both of them knew exactly what they were doing. We are Nika just keeps on walking Held plays the woe is me I didn’t know that was happening but if you look at her shoulder she is definitely preparing for the hit. So both are at fault.

#1florida

Midwest Husky
Reaction Score
Cmon now. Held was visibly surprised, Nika was expecting it and didn’t flinch after. If a non UConn player did that, you wouldn’t be celebrating it..
Better check the video again. Held walked directly at Nika, no surprise to her.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Better check the video again. Held walked directly at Nika, no surprise to her.
100% agree. Both players squared their shoulders, neither gave an inch. If Held were on our team, we'd be like "good for her". But she's not. We have Nika, so "good for her".

Side note - Meghan said several times during the broadcast that DePaul was super physical with Nika. Bravo to her for not going back at them, picking up a bunch of fouls during the game, and causing her to be benched. I think Nika knew very well how physical DePaul was with her and she saw a chance to give it back, neither backing down, with no refs to blow the whistle.

Personally I'm thrilled Nika has that attitude. And BTW, Held's pearl clutch astonishment was hysterical given she didn't move her shoulder an inch to avoid the contact. She did exactly what Nika did, but acted like she was in innocent bystander with her mock outrage.

Reaction Score
IMHO Held was clearly walking right through the UConn team’s space looking for trouble. Nika was actually moving away from her with indifference. Held gets no academy award from me for her “reaction”.

At that point Held was pissed and Nika was proud. Nika had nothing to prove but gave no ground.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Thanks for the Slomo. Glad that E was there to have Nika's back.
I agree with JellyBean. Rewatching the Slomo... IMO Lexie
does the intial contact ( after a "normal" Nika shout out ) and
Moma " E" seems to catch Lexi's attention = I see Lexi's
eyes redirect / focus on Moma " E" ( as if Evina said something
to get her attention!.). The next UCONN vs DePaul game
will be more than a game= But... just win, ladies! Be cool... let them
do the fouling and allow your superior play to speak volumes!

Reaction Score
I smart player doesn't go looking for trouble but doesn't back down if it happens.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Nika was smart and kept walking away. Held looked like she wanted to escalate it until E started to quickly walk in her direction. Don't think you really want to mess with Momma E.
I disagree - Nika wasn’t smart at all. She lets her emotions get the better of her sometimes. She may get herself chucked out of a game one day and that could potentially hurt the team.

Emotion, yes, but control it.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
I disagree - Nika wasn’t smart at all. She lets her emotions get the better of her sometimes. She may get herself chucked out of a game one day and that could potentially hurt the team.

Emotion, yes, but control it.
Based on what? Has she ever mouthed off to a official, never that I've seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom