EURO 2016 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

EURO 2016

Reaction Score
Europe? How much political nonsense and violence occurred during 2012 Poland/ Ukraine? Or, the World Cup in Germany? Maybe, just maybe more accurate facts were French (strikes, gangs teaming up with drunken ultranationalist Russkies), Russia qualifying, too much booze, some English chavs, hooligans, and other drunks yet more far more innocent Englishmen victimized by Russkie and French trash. Get the facts ...
LOL, French trash? This was strictly Russian hooligans and English. And in 2012 you had Russians and Polish clashing.

Why on earth did they let it happen? Poland under fire for letting 5,000 Russians march on Warsaw stadium (and then not dealing with the ugly violence that followed)

Reaction Score
LOL, French trash? This was strictly Russian hooligans and English. And in 2012 you had Russians and Polish clashing.

Why on earth did they let it happen? Poland under fire for letting 5,000 Russians march on Warsaw stadium (and then not dealing with the ugly violence that followed)
Fair reminder regarding the Russkies in Warsaw, but you're absolutely off the mark on French gangs not ganging up with Russkies pre match. Now, inside the stadium it was Russkies. Kind of a consistent string there with the Russkies ....

Reaction Score
Fair reminder regarding the Russkies in Warsaw, but you're absolutely off the mark on French gangs not ganging up with Russkies pre match. Now, inside the stadium it was Russkies. Kind of a consistent string there with the Russkies ....

Back to my OP, it's a shame this nonsense is going on instead of embracing a great sport.

Reaction Score
The Russians blamed the French for not putting tanks in the streets.

Reaction Score
The Russians blamed the French for not putting tanks in the streets.
Typical Russiya! ... had to like one of the Russkie football federation leaders commending the actions of their "lads". So glad to see Slovakia knock off the Russkies, 2-1.

Reaction Score
England with a huge 3 points v Wales as Sterling FINALLY converts a chance for the very late winner.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
England with a huge 3 points v Wales as Sterling FINALLY converts a chance for the very late winner.
Horse crap...was so mad Wales gave up points on that late goal!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

You made me go back to the box score because I thought I misremembered. Sterling has been terrible - it was Sturridge.

Reaction Score
FIFA and France should be worried, how are sow many fans able to smuggle in fireworks and flares?

Really poor job of security.

Reaction Score
Just when you thought maybe Spain were showing their age they dominate with great balance.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
Wales wins the group!!! Suck it England!!

Hoping Iceland can pull out a win to advance as well! I'm a little worried because they looked like they just lost the whole thing after they conceded that own goal late against Hungary and drew. I'm hoping they pull out the win and advance. That would make both the teams I am pulling for advance to the knockout round.

Reaction Score
Bale has been a beast in this tournament. England fans must be pissed he opted to play for Wales over England (he qualified for England through a grandparent).
England is playing like a group of 11 individuals who are all really good, but not a team. Their forwards have been meh, at best. Kane has been flat and uninspiring, Sterling has blown several point blank opportunities, Vardy has been decent. Walker, and then Dier, have probably been their best players to date. Interesting lineup started by Hodgson yesterday.

Would love to see Iceland get thru as well.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Bale has been a beast in this tournament. England fans must be pissed he opted to play for Wales over England (he qualified for England through a grandparent).
According to Bale, England never got in touch with him personally. Wales did.

Reaction Score
So one half of the round of 16 bracket will have Spain v Italy, and Germany, France, and England awaiting their opponents... with the possibility of being joined by Portugal and/or Belgium. That's a sick group of 8.

Reaction Score
Spain/Croatia was a great game today. Croatia had multiple scoring chances in the first half.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
According to Bale, England never got in touch with him personally. Wales did.

Considering that Northern Ireland is through to the knockout round (as one of the top 4 3rd place teams), how good would an all UK team be (including Wales and Scotland)? Pretty darned good I think.

By the way...best opening knockout match: Spain vs. Italy on Monday. Thank the Croats for that one.

Group F is crazy. All four teams still alive. Women everywhere are probably pulling for Iceland.

Reaction Score
Hungary/Portugal game was the match of the tournament.
As a Portuguese fan, I'm embarrassed at finishing 3rd in this group.
Yet SOMEHOW, Portugal has the easiest path to the final if they get their sh.it together.
Not overlooking Croatia by any means, but they avoid the 'bracket of death'
Anyways, congrats to Hungary and Iceland, they've been fun to watch

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
ICELAND!!! Pretty crazy and glad to see them finally win a game! They should have won against Hungary. This was an awesome call from Iceland TV! Enjoy!

Reaction Score
Hungary/Portugal game was the match of the tournament.
As a Portuguese fan, I'm embarrassed at finishing 3rd in this group.
Yet SOMEHOW, Portugal has the easiest path to the final if they get their sh.it together.
Not overlooking Croatia by any means, but they avoid the 'bracket of death'
Anyways, congrats to Hungary and Iceland, they've been fun to watch

Agreed. Fantastic game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA