ESPN's WAY too early next year's top 25 | The Boneyard

ESPN's WAY too early next year's top 25

Reaction Score
The roster already has six post players. Do you folks ever notice that when you start dreaming about the transfer portal? Besides, how much tougher can one get when Alijah is already there. My goodness gracious.

Reaction Score
We’re scheduled for (preseason) ranked teams next year:
#1 SC
#4 Texas
#6 Iowa, NR Duke, NR Ore St. (2/3)
#8 Tennessee
#9 ND
#16 NC St.
#24 Creighton (conference)

Room for 2 more (I think?) out of conference (ooc) games. Who do y’all want?
-Would be nice to have Princeton, I think both teams would benefit for a mid-conference play OOC game.
-Per pre UConn-Stan presser and last series history, I believe Tara is only interested in playing UConn in a tournament, not in a series.
-Minnesota series would be good for Paige homecoming and an easy (sry) ooc game.

Reaction Score
Louisville falls to 14 what a huge dropoff, Ucla should be higher than #23 I think they can sneak top 10 but again a lot will depend on the impact Kiki makes. Oregon should not be top 25

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
The roster already has six post players. Do you folks ever notice that when you start dreaming about the transfer portal? Besides, how much tougher can one get when Alijah is already there. My goodness gracious.

Wait. You're comfortable with the inside game going into next season?

By six I assume you're counting Piath. I wish her well, but that's a lottery ticket to say the least.

There's Edwards and Juhasz, two freshmen, one who has post skills but is more of a small forward, and Deberry who has a ton to prove and is a finesse forward anyway.

Reaction Score
Every team is regrouping except SC and Standford. Clear top two teams early. I would consider us top two if we didn't lose two of our best defenders and so much unknown with Aubrey and uncertainty of Amari and Paith. Will Geno
Stay with playing the bench or go back to 6 players only.

Transfers will definitely make an impact on this early ranking list.

Glad to see that SEC isn't dominanting the top 25.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Every team is regrouping except SC and Standford. Clear top two teams early. I would consider us top two if we didn't lose two of our best defenders and so much unknown with Aubrey and uncertainty of Amari and Paith. Will Geno
Stay with playing the bench or go back to 6 players only.

Transfers will definitely make an impact on this early ranking list.

Glad to see that SEC isn't dominanting the top 25.

Losing the Hulls is huge for Stanford. Certainly enough to put them behind a healthy UConn squad, assuming UConn ever fields a healthy team.

Reaction Score
Losing the Hulls is huge for Stanford. Certainly enough to put them behind a healthy UConn squad, assuming UConn ever fields a healthy team.
I honestly thought the Hulls play was the reason they lost vs Uconn, they just looked rattled and disorganized. If I didn't know who those players were I woulda assumed they were playing their 1st final 4 game. Stanford has plenty of ammunition. They have a beast in Lauren Betts coming in and her with Brink can be a scary duo.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Hoping Geno lands a talented guard and Big from the portal.
An experienced ball-handler...would help to cushion any guard injuries.
Too many unanswered questions at this point regarding Amari and Piath.

Score of game 64-49.
Tally of rebounds 49-24...yikes! I love that Paige is very active getting rebounds but
you do not want her to be the team leader as she was last night....with 6.

Reaction Score
I honestly thought the Hulls play was the reason they lost vs Uconn, they just looked rattled and disorganized. If I didn't know who those players were I woulda assumed they were playing their 1st final 4 game. Stanford has plenty of ammunition. They have a beast in Lauren Betts coming in and her with Brink can be a scary duo.
I think the ? about Stanford is who will be the point guard

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
S.C. should be very good, as long as Boston is there. How much will they miss Henderson and Saxton? This year’s freshman class is talented, but unproven. There were rumors that Cardoso is unhappy. Will she stay?

UConn is talented, but needs a proven rebounder and depth at the guard spot. Hopefully, everyone will be healthy and improved next year. Can Amari take a sophomore leap? Geno says she will be in Storrs all summer. Can Ice and/or Ayanna provide immediate help? Help from the portal could be important.

Stanford will have weakness at the guard spot even more. Jones and Brink are excellent. I expect that Iriafen and Demetre will be improved. Will Betts be an impact player? How soon?

A number of players are taking a 5th year, including Joens and Czinano. Despite that, I think the top 3 next year are the same as this past season.

Reaction Score
S.C. should be very good, as long as Boston is there. How much will they miss Henderson and Saxton? This year’s freshman class is talented, but unproven. There were rumors that Cardoso is unhappy. Will she stay?

UConn is talented, but needs a proven rebounder and depth at the guard spot. Hopefully, everyone will be healthy and improved next year. Can Amari take a sophomore leap? Geno says she will be in Storrs all summer. Can Ice and/or Ayanna provide immediate help? Help from the portal could be important.

Stanford will have weakness at the guard spot even more. Jones and Brink are excellent. I expect that Iriafen and Demetre will be improved. Will Betts be an impact player? How soon?

A number of players are taking a 5th year, including Joens and Czinano. Despite that, I think the top 3 next year are the same as this past season.
Cardozo would have to sit out a year. She’s not leaving.

Reaction Score
Cardozo would have to sit out a year. She’s not leaving.
I expect Cardosa to get more playing time next season. Boston and Cardosa on the court together will be a handful. This season Dawn used Cardosa mostly as a backup to Boston, however she did play them together in a few games, I expect next season we may see both in a lot more games than we saw this year. SC will be really good next year, yet to be seen is will the remaining players jell as a team, I suspect they will.

Reaction Score
I think the ? about Stanford is who will be the point guard
That was the question this year for them.

Also a question mark for the Gamecocks next year. Pretty sure it will be Raven Johnson coming of the loss of her freshman year due to knee surgery. That's a pretty big question.

Reaction Score
Ok I don’t like being negative but what did you see from remaining bigs that would lead you to believe that they would be able to put up any real competition to SC next year. And no way can freshman bigs be counted on. Edwards and Ono battled their butts off and we’re still doubled up on rebounds. Getting a grad transfer with some experience and grit would help immensely just as Dorka did. If the younger bigs show vast improvement then Geno can share playing time which would only keep legs fresher for later in the season and tournament time. It’s a no brainer and needed

Reaction Score
I expect Cardosa to get more playing time next season. Boston and Cardosa on the court together will be a handful. This season Dawn used Cardosa mostly as a backup to Boston, however she did play them together in a few games, I expect next season we may see both in a lot more games than we saw this year. SC will be really good next year, yet to be seen is will the remaining players jell as a team, I suspect they will.
I have some worry about off season motivation. We won this year in large part because Boston and others like our seniors were intensely driven to overcome the shortcoming of the loss to Stanford in the final four. Boston's dedication could be seen in her body.

Will we retain that motivation? Staley is a driven person, but will the team keep the same focus? There hasn'y been a repeat champ since we won our first and the TOTAL domination by UConn ended (paused?).

I expect a rematch next year with a highly motivated, more in shape, Paige and company. Azzi has all the skills but must work on speed reaction in the offseason. Paige will work her.

Reaction Score
The good news to come out of last night is that you can argue that Henderson (and Saxton, to some extent but not as much since they have Cardoso) looked harder to replace than the UConn seniors.

Who's the other guard with Cooke next year for SC?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom