ESPN's WAY too early next year's top 25 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

ESPN's WAY too early next year's top 25

Reaction Score
N.D. at #9 is a stretch. They lose their center(and only real Big) and have 3 players in the portal. They have 1 freshman coming in and will have to hit the portal hard just to have enough players to practice.

Reaction Score
The roster already has six post players. Do you folks ever notice that when you start dreaming about the transfer portal? Besides, how much tougher can one get when Alijah is already there. My goodness gracious.

We need a low block big, with post moves, that can create her own shot and make a layup. Dorka is not that player, AE, unless she works relentlessly on that, is not that player, and Amari is more of a high-post, facilitating big.

What we have, is size, a lot of it. What we don't have, is a player with size that can compete with what SC can do in the post.

Reaction Score
N.D. at #9 is a stretch. They lose their center(and only real Big) and have 3 players in the portal. They have 1 freshman coming in and will have to hit the portal hard just to have enough players to practice.
Really? I think they are going to be very good. Miles/Citron could be the best backcourt not named Paige/Azzi.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Just imo: I think the best version of Dorka can be an elite center and be able to compete against the best.

Reaction Score
The good news to come out of last night is that you can argue that Henderson (and Saxton, to some extent but not as much since they have Cardoso) looked harder to replace than the UConn seniors.

Who's the other guard with Cooke next year for SC?
ONO is going to be tough for you guys to replace. Dorka is not on her level as a defender or a passer. Williams was also your best two-way perimeter player. Azzi can replace her point production, but not sure about her defense.

My guess is that Raven Johnson, Saniya Rivers and the freshman Talaysia Cooper will be the 3 players that will see most duties at PG for SC next season. Rivers has shown that she has really nice court vision, but her shooting was atrocious this season.

Reaction Score
Ok I don’t like being negative but what did you see from remaining bigs that would lead you to believe that they would be able to put up any real competition to SC next year. And no way can freshman bigs be counted on. Edwards and Ono battled their butts off and we’re still doubled up on rebounds. Getting a grad transfer with some experience and grit would help immensely just as Dorka did. If the younger bigs show vast improvement then Geno can share playing time which would only keep legs fresher for later in the season and tournament time. It’s a no brainer and needed
What grad transfer big you have in mind in the transfer portal?...asking for Geno.

Reaction Score
ONO is going to be tough for you guys to replace. Dorka is not on her level as a defender or a passer. Williams was also your best two-way perimeter player. Azzi can replace her point production, but not sure about her defense.

My guess is that Raven Johnson, Saniya Rivers and the freshman Talaysia Cooper will be the 3 players that will see most duties at PG for SC next season. Rivers has shown that she has really nice court vision, but her shooting was atrocious this season.
I think Azzi is going to be a great defender. Her defense really surprised me this season. I know we sucked it up last season, but a fully healthy season of Paige/Azzi could be lethal.

Reaction Score

What killed UCON this year was not having a full season with all their players. I expect for example Dorka and AE to be much better passers by the end of next season than they were at the end of this season.

The entire team should have much better cohesiveness making them all better passers. A cumulative effect.

Reaction Score
But they'll have Raven Johnson back from injury, so that will ease the loss of Henderson.

Reaction Score

Couldn’t disagree more about ONO and CW being replaced. Love them both and look forward to what they may do in the NBA, but both will beastly replace with the depth of talent coming in. Every year seniors move on. Underclassmen become more seasoned and take their place, often surpassing expectations. Caroline was forced to produce a year earlier than expected. Azzi right away. They will be better next year. With Paige, AE, Dorka and Nika, 2-3 bench players step up and we have a solid 8-9 player rotation again. I see an even better team next year…barring injury if course.

Reaction Score
Couldn’t disagree more about ONO and CW being replaced. Love them both and look forward to what they may do in the NBA, but both will beastly replace with the depth of talent coming in. Every year seniors move on. Underclassmen become more seasoned and take their place, often surpassing expectations. Caroline was forced to produce a year earlier than expected. Azzi right away. They will be better next year. With Paige, AE, Dorka and Nika, 2-3 bench players step up and we have a solid 8-9 player rotation again. I see an even better team next year…barring injury if course.
Be easily replaced… not beastly. Where did that come from.

Reaction Score
Where do you expect our three Seniors to be drafted? Given the talent there, nothing is a given for any of them making a team. (IMO) Hope I’m wrong.

Reaction Score
What grad transfer big you have in mind in the transfer portal?...asking for Geno.
Too early to say not everyone has entered
too early to say not everyone has entered the portal but how about a 6ft 3inch tough forward who shoots 50%. 6 rebounds a game . Brittney Smith out of UCF. Looked good when we played them. I am sure the BY family can come up with a few more names

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think Terp fans will disagree with that.
Other than Owusu, who is in the MD backcourt next year? Miller is good, but is a wing. Sellers impressed me, but not at an elite level. Who’s the transfer?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
But they'll have Raven Johnson back from injury, so that will ease the loss of Henderson.
Johnson was highly rated (just behind Azzi), but she’s coming off an injury and will be inexperienced. Can she get up to speed next year, while Boston is still there?

I was impressed by Rivers’ highlights, and she plays good defense and handles the ball well. But she’s an atrocious shooter. 3% from the arc. That’s not a misprint. How much can she improve her shooting and how fast?

Reaction Score
Johnson was highly rated (just behind Azzi), but she’s coming off an injury and will be inexperienced. Can she get up to speed next year, while Boston is still there?

I was impressed by Rivers’ highlights, and she plays good defense and handles the ball well. But she’s an atrocious shooter. 3% from the arc. That’s not a misprint. How much can she improve her shooting and how fast?
It’s weird. Saniya was the nation’s highest scorer as a hs senior and was the best 3 point shooter in pre-season camp. Dawn raved about her shhoter’s touch but said she needed defensive improvement. But it’s like there has been a lid on the bucket this year in games.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
It’s weird. Saniya was the nation’s highest scorer as a hs senior and was the best 3 point shooter in pre-season camp. Dawn raved about her shhoter’s touch but said she needed defensive improvement. But it’s like there has been a lid on the bucket this year in games.
Puzzling!

Reaction Score
I have some worry about off season motivation. We won this year in large part because Boston and others like our seniors were intensely driven to overcome the shortcoming of the loss to Stanford in the final four. Boston's dedication could be seen in her body.

Will we retain that motivation? Staley is a driven person, but will the team keep the same focus? There hasn'y been a repeat champ since we won our first and the TOTAL domination by UConn ended (paused?).

I expect a rematch next year with a highly motivated, more in shape, Paige and company. Azzi has all the skills but must work on speed reaction in the offseason. Paige will work her.
SC defensive intensity and domination on the glass will continue because we are a poor shooting team. Hopefully Dawn will make it a little easier and try and find the best shooter available in the portal.

Reaction Score
Other than Owusu, who is in the MD backcourt next year? Miller is good, but is a wing. Sellers impressed me, but not at an elite level. Who’s the transfer?
Do you consider Caitlyn Clark a guard. If the answer is yes, guess who guards her the majority of the time the past two years.

Reaction Score
She needs to work on that 3 ball all summer. She has WNBA level skills and problem the best athlete on the team.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Do you consider Caitlyn Clark a guard. If the answer is yes, guess who guards her the majority of the time the past two years.
Don't know. I didn't see their games.

Reaction Score
I know Henderson is gone but I'm not sure about Saxton. If Saxton comes back, I am looking for Dawn to start Amihere at the point but have Raven play the majority of minutes there. If Saxton does not come back, Amihere will just slide into her spot. Ty was able to handle the point guard duties as a freshmen, so I'm optimistic about Raven.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlueWolf25

Top Bottom