ESPN (+) preview - it gets worse... | Page 4 | The Boneyard

ESPN (+) preview - it gets worse...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I am absolutely hoping to be proven wrong but it’s going to be hilarious to watch people realize we still suck about 5 minutes into the Fresno game on 8/28
The ultimate hedge

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
This season brings a chance to play for a bowl game and play in front of fans. It also bring with it an opportunity to upset a P5 school. Very much different than last year.

What bowl game?

Reaction Score
I think if a lot of folks saw Edsall the first go round at UConn they might have a little better feeling about where we're headed. BUT, if you only go by numbers/stats, you won't think so. It's apparent in this entire thread that the latter seems to be the case.

Edsall's style might be boring (a lot of folks got bored with him the 1st go round), however, it's extremely effective ... for us... It may have worked out (eventually) in Maryland, but the sense of urgency to be good at a P5 school doesn't give you the alotted time to get things done with his style of coaching/building a football team/legacy.

it may again be a little boring for some, but, as long as the scoreboard shows what we need to see (Ws) we as UConn Football fans should embrace that, when it happens.

At the FBS level, that's actually who we are...

Get the lunchpales out and do work Huskies....
He coached 56 games for the Twerps, that's plenty of time. 22-34. Some schools actually want to win more games than they lose.

Reaction Score
"In order to claim improvement from last year, UConn will need to beat Holy Cross, Yale and UMass, and put up strong performances against a few other opponents."

If that counts as improvement, then the bar is set very low indeed.

Reaction Score
"In order to claim improvement from last year, UConn will need to beat Holy Cross, Yale and UMass, and put up strong performances against a few other opponents."

If that counts as improvement, then the bar is set very low indeed.
Totally agree. If we can’t beat UMass after a year of “getting better” in the gym then I don’t know what the next step is. Losing to Holy Crap or Yale would also be embarrassing. Will be waiting for the “well we haven’t played in a real game in a long time” excuse/quote. Beat those three programs and will see what happens with the rest

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I’m saying the cancellation was about the protocols not the protocols not being a bout safety
And the protocols were in place for safety. So ultimately a cancellation due to the protocols was a cancellation for safety.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom