ESPN (+) preview - it gets worse... | The Boneyard

ESPN (+) preview - it gets worse...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
It's paywalled content, so i won't cut/paste the whole thing, but the money shot is below:

Projected record: 3-9

• Likely wins*: None
  • Relative toss-ups: Holy Cross (60%), at UMass (50%), Yale (39%), MTSU (37%)
  • Likely losses: at Vanderbilt (24%), Wyoming (15%), Houston (11%), at Fresno State (9%), at Army (8%), Purdue (5%), at UCF (2%), at Clemson (0%)

Ugh. Mind you, even Bill Connelly will tell you that ranking us, minus a season last year, is impossible, but this is sobering.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It's paywalled content, so i won't cut/paste the whole thing, but the money shot is below:

Ugh. Mind you, even Bill Connelly will tell you that ranking us, minus a season last year, is impossible, but this is sobering.
After a bunch of abysmal years, we took a year off. I don’t know how anyone can evaluate us anymore honestly than this. I’m hopeful that we may make a jump, but as they say you are with your record says you are.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
1622551656371.png

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Let's see, are we even going to be on ESPN outside maybe the ACC Network for Clemson? Probably not- so why should they boost us up- it's what ESPN does- it hypes in properties and buries what isn't theirs. This is garbage and click bait.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Uh Army has been very very good lately

Don't care, 8% is 8%. If they said 38%, then I'd be more likely to consider it.

They a claiming the line should be about
+1100. Does anyone take Army at -1100?

No, they don't. Guy puts bullsnot metrics from 2 years ago into a self made algorithm and doesn't have enough sense to question ridiculous output lacks credibility altogether, let alone is some expert.

Reaction Score
Let's see, are we even going to be on ESPN outside maybe the ACC Network for Clemson? Probably not- so why should they boost us up- it's what ESPN does- it hypes in properties and buries what isn't theirs. This is garbage and click bait.

Yes Bill Connolly, one of the most (only?) universally respected reporters in the CFB biz, is writing cheap click bait for the mouse

Reaction Score
You guys, it’s ok to go into the season hopeful! That’s what being a fan is about.

But there’s no reason to be delusional about the state of the program; it is bad.

Thinking we have talent on par with teams like Vandy or Fresno State is insane.

Reaction Score
The dumbest move ever, supported by many drama queens on the BY, was canceling the season. Complaining now about a lack of respect is priceless. The only cure for that stupidity is getting back on the field start battling

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
The dumbest move ever, supported by many drama queens on the BY, was canceling the season. Complaining now about a lack of respect is priceless. The only cure for that stupidity is getting back on the field start battling

Show us our proposed schedule from last year, in that case. We'll wait for you to get to 12.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Show us our proposed schedule from last year, in that case. We'll wait for you to get to 12.

Nearly all of FBS and FCS were able to figure it out and play some form of a season. Not sure what point you are trying to make.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Nearly all of FBS and FCS were able to figure it out and play some form of a season. Not sure what point you are trying to make.

Nearly all of FBS and FCS play in conferences, which dictate their scheduling. Even Notre Dame, who can normally pick their schedule from a hat, joined a conference. We burnt the bridge to our only likely lifeboat for scheduling in the AAC, so what else was there?

We had the majority of our games go up in smoke in a matter of weeks. Aside from a massively shortened season (like UMass), or joining a conference (likely a pipe dream), we didn't have a better alternative.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
I am absolutely hoping to be proven wrong but it’s going to be hilarious to watch people realize we still suck about 5 minutes into the Fresno game on 8/28

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
I love it. These goobers write articles based on 100% speculation. That sets the bar low for our performance and gets some bulletin board material. I am confident we will be much more competitive this year based on the skills of the players and additional preparation time. This is going to be the best season we've had in a while.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I am absolutely hoping to be proven wrong but it’s going to be hilarious to watch people realize we still suck about 5 minutes into the Fresno game on 8/28
Yup. If we get out of the first quarter and the score is closer than 28-0 it’ll be a miracle.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score

Cancellation or the below - pick 1. Explain why.
1622555567788.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA