ESPN on Precious Achiuwa | Page 5 | The Boneyard

ESPN on Precious Achiuwa

Reaction Score
I’m remaining optimistic that we will land one of our remaining main targets Precious,Wahab and Mitchell. Maybe Kofi if he is having second thoughts as reported ?? Yes, Hurley got a late start recruiting “UCONN” to many HS players but the familiarity between Hurley and the players was already there. Throw in relationships that Moore, Young, Hunter and Brown also had in place makes for a great recruiting foundation for the UConn brand. The pitch to the recruits isn’t “help us rebuild “ its “ be part of anothe NC “. The players know the UConn name and they know that UConn is synonymous with championships ,especially in their life span. Hurley is a top notch recruiter that has landed 3 top notch recruits in a matter of months. I’m sure Gaffney, Bouknight and Akok are also doing their part in the recruiting process.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
How many athletic 7 footers with shot-blocking ability and good boxout technique are still on the market? Hell, how many of those are there on the whole in any given year?

I believe AD is available next year? Assuming he opts out. If I have a say, that's my vote right there.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I’m remaining optimistic that we will land one of our remaining main targets Precious,Wahab and Mitchell. Maybe Kofi if he is having second thoughts as reported ?? Yes, Hurley got a late start recruiting “UCONN” to many HS players but the familiarity between Hurley and the players was already there. Throw in relationships that Moore, Young, Hunter and Brown also had in place makes for a great recruiting foundation for the UConn brand. The pitch to the recruits isn’t “help us rebuild “ its “ be part of anothe NC “. The players know the UConn name and they know that UConn is synonymous with championships ,especially in their life span. Hurley is a top notch recruiter that has landed 3 top notch recruits in a matter of months. I’m sure Gaffney, Bouknight and Akok are also doing their part in the recruiting process.

He wasn't recruiting the same guys to URI tho. A couple maybe. None of those bigs.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Chief has a life, but will respond to myself nevertheless. What I heard before the game was overall our recruiting is going just fine and what you read about certain guys may not be entirely true. For strategic reasons, Chief won’t go further.

that made me chuckle.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom