ESPN matches the deal | Page 4 | The Boneyard

ESPN matches the deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Walk away to what? This is what it is and we move on. In NBE until we are not.

I am saying the entire Big East should reject the deal and sell the rights to their games individually. There would be no conference TV contract. I bet just about every team in the league would make more money syndicating their entire home football, basketball and women's hoops schedules than they will by taking this contract.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I am saying the entire Big East should reject the deal and sell the rights to their games individually. There would be no conference TV contract. I bet just about every team in the league would make more money syndicating their entire home football, basketball and women's hoops schedules than they will by taking this contract.
I'm not sure it this correct, but I believe it is possible based upon the incredibly low number for the games.

If I were Herbst, I'd be on the phone asking SNY just what it would pay for all of our broadcast rights. If they don't pick them all up try YES, hell try CPTV. At this point I don't care about visibility because ESPN is promising no cable games.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
I'm not sure it this correct, but I believe it is possible based upon the incredibly low number for the games.

If I were Herbst, I'd be on the phone asking SNY just what it would pay for all of our broadcast rights. If they don't pick them all up try YES, hell try CPTV. At this point I don't care about visibility because ESPN is promising no cable games.
I'm not sure where everyone is hearing that this is only streaming? ESPN is going to offer us WEd Thur and Fri games and some Saturday slots. I think this is better than the 200,000 viewers that tune in to NBC sports net. All the espn3 games will wind up on SNY

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
At this point I don't care about visibility because ESPN is promising no cable games.
Where did you hear that? I would imagine that if they were only going to do non cable games the Big East would not go with ESPN

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score

I think this is it. There is no reason for us to sign away our TV rights for pennies on the dollar, nor for Cinci, USF, or UCF. We have a scheduling alliance and go each negotiate individually.

Reaction Score
All I got to say is this deal sucks. UCONN should seriously walk away from this conference even if it means go indy and put all of our other sports with the C7. Seriously, our women's tier-3 games get $1.14M. We can do much better on our own vs. being tied to bunch of CUSA schools where we got nothing in common with. If we can't get into another conference, we should just walk. Indy is not ideal but can't be worse than this.

CL82

Reaction Score
Where did you hear that? I would imagine that if they were only going to do non cable games the Big East would not go with ESPN

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
ESPN said that they weren't going match the broadcast promises of NBC but instead said they'd take 20 or so more games. I have no doubt that if a team is ranked and hot, they'll get a shown, but I don't think there are any guarantees.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
ESPN said that they weren't going match the broadcast promises of NBC but instead said they'd take 20 or so more games. I have no doubt that if a team is ranked and hot, they'll get a shown, but I don't think there are any guarantees.
Where did you see that? All ive seen is reports saying the Big East was reviewing the offers to confirm they were indeed equitable.

CL82

Reaction Score
Where did you see that? All ive seen is reports saying the Big East was reviewing the offers to confirm they were indeed equitable.
In an article that was linked in one of the threads on the boards. Can't look for it now. I scanned these pretty quickly so I may have misread it, but I think that was the gist.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

If true, that would be a worse deal. Same money for more inventory? No thanks.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer