ESPN matches the deal | The Boneyard

ESPN matches the deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
ESPN and Fox will split up the inventory.

Reaction Score
@Ourand_SBJ: SBD: ESPN Matches NBC's Offer For Big East TV Rights http://post original url/62yQabsZGA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
Thanks but no thanks. Not sure how being on some non-existent Fox station is better than NBCSports with the possibilities of getting a few games on NBC. It owuld be one thing to be guaranteed a slot on ESPN. But this is not worth even discussing.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Bball games involving UConn, Cincy, Memphis- ESPN. Everyone else, especially Tulane, gets Fox sports.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
u guys r to funny. u take this deal 100 out of 100 times. uconn and cincy are not part of this contract. but with espn taking the deal, w/e needs to be done behind doors when uconn moves(if its to the acc and not the b10) just became a lot easier.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
UConn is part of this contract - as is Cincy.

But Dan is right. Putting games on NBC's cable channel is like being shot into outer space.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
No UConn game will ever see the light of day. We won't even get them on local TV. ESPN will be able to finish off what they started.

Reaction Score
The MONEY is not the issue.

I want to be certain we have the exposure ... the Big Monday spot. If that isn't what this is, then NBC has the capacity to build a whole better mousetrap. And, maybe the bottom line needs to be a mix of both.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
You read it wrong, it said we wont likely end up on NBC Sports.

NBC would have been so much better than ESPN. ESPN is going to destroy the Big East. You thought the bashing was bad before, you haven't seen anything yet. Watch how many times the D team of announcers that is calling UConn/UCF football game on ESPN the Ocho find a way to mention APR or Nate Miles. It will be a litany of how bad the Big East sucks for 3.5 hours of every football game.

UConn is Andy Dufresne and ESPN is both the Warden and the Sisters, all rolled up into one, and we are in for 20+ years of hell.

Reaction Score
No UConn game will ever see the light of day. We won't even get them on local TV. ESPN will be able to finish off what they started.
We draw. Us, Cincy, Memphis, and Temple will be the only games on ESPN.

I don't know why you think ESPN wants to destroy UConn. All the reports were that they told the ACC that they could get more money if they took two new schools, and those two schools were initially Syracuse and UConn until BC threw a fit. ESPN had no say by that point. They can't make a conference do anything--they merely suggest things.

I personally think that ESPN fully expected (and even expects) UConn to be in a real conference. I don't think they care much, though, one way or another.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
zombie-apocalypse.jpg

We be screwed.

Reaction Score
This is disappointing. The poo pooing of NBC is just not warranted.

I hate ESPN to my core. They might as well be Nazis. F them, their families and their pets.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
This is disappointing. The poo pooing of NBC is just not warranted.

I hate ESPN to my core. They might as well be Nazis. F them, their families and their pets.
NBC has only themselves to blame. If they made even a half decent offer money wise, ESPN would have said pass. Instead they cheapskated it and this is what they get. I, for one, am hlad we are still with ESPN. I'll take the bashing if it means we're still on SportsCenter, which will happen. This will be enough to keep us afloat until another conference comes calling.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
@McMurphyESPN: Full story on ESPN, Big East closing on 7-year, $130M deal http://post original url/xk5b96KR8d

Reaction Score
@McMurphyESPN: Full story on ESPN, Big East closing on 7-year, $130M deal http://post original url/xk5b96KR8d

$130M? What happened to $20M per year?

Reaction Score
So now when the ACC gets raided ESPN will pay the ACC to NOT expand, ESPN benefits financially from keeping the New Big East together. Why would they want us to upgrade when it means they would have to pay us more money? ESPN will make more of a profit from NBE programming then they will from ACC programming.

Herbst should vote to go with NBC. Competition will benefit us in the long run.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Enjoy this season in hoops, because there is no way for UConn to compete at a national level in men's hoops or football with a TV contract like this one. UConn is finished.

Reaction Score
Enjoy this season in hoops, because there is no way for UConn to compete at a national level in men's hoops or football with a TV contract like this one. UConn is finished.

Right, because the other schools will be able to offer their players more money:rolleyes: It's why schools like Butler, George Mason, VCU, Memphis and Gonzaga have never been able to compete, or Boise and TCU in football.

Reaction Score
you and HFD are such polar opposites. HFD always takes the long term big picture outlook and you take the immediate short sighted picture. The reality, well in my hopefully medium sighted picture, is this sucks for now but CR is not over and this will only be a speed bump.

Reaction Score

You have now taken over as the biggest drama queen in the history of the BY. That's really saying something.

Are you really that attention starved?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer